Not open for further replies.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm not trying to convince anyone not to use it. If you like it, or you feel safer with it, then by al means, use it. I've got nothing against that - after all, what's it to me?
But I won't. I will never reactivate it and will never buy a car equipped with it unless I know for sure that it can be disabled. Even if I crash into a wall tomorrow, I will still not change my mind and not use it. One crash versus a lifetime of annoyance... I'll take the crash, thank you.

And I still maintain that if it saves you then you should seriously question your driving habits and/or skills.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I'm not trying to convince anyone not to use it. If you like it, or you feel safer with it, then by al means, use it. I've got nothing against that - after all, what's it to me?
But I won't. I will never reactivate it and will never buy a car equipped with it unless I know for sure that it can be disabled. Even if I crash into a wall tomorrow, I will still not change my mind and not use it. One crash versus a lifetime of annoyance... I'll take the crash, thank you.

And I still maintain that if it saves you then you should seriously question your driving habits and/or skills.
Again, you keep defining this by your outlier situation of having SO MANY false positives. Yes, if you have multiple false positives a week, then the system is failing and it's doing more harm than good. But I don't believe that's what anyone here has experienced.

I made the original post because I had ONE instance in over a month of owning the car. Most likely, I won't have another for some time, if ever, unless the system is broken. If I start to have one or more a week, then I'll have my car in the dealer demanding that it be addressed, because clearly that's not how the system is supposed to function.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
OK. Anyway, the bottom line is, your car is not defective. That's how it's supposed to work, false positives included. Consider yourself lucky there weren't more of them (yet). :like:

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
OK. Anyway, the bottom line is, your car is not defective. That's how it's supposed to work, false positives included. Consider yourself lucky there weren't more of them (yet). :like:
Absolutely, that's the point. My car hasn't demonstrated that it's defective (yet), which is good to know. And be sure that I'll be keeping an eye on it, no pun intended.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Just a mention from the dumber member of the forum, so i'm told.

I had my "Collision Warning" go off several times where traffic wasn't a problem. In this case a Bug DID cause the problem.

A Bug's clear guts splattered all over the sensor area causing a magnification issue of sorts. But of course, i'm wrong and that cleaning it up fixed the issue but the bug wasn't the problem.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Absolutely, that's the point. My car hasn't demonstrated that it's defective (yet), which is good to know. And be sure that I'll be keeping an eye on it, no pun intended.
Do you feel you need these drivers aids?
I don't like them because human nature will cause driver to get lazy as the cars warning/nannies will warn/save me.
And that isn't good in the long run. a lot of drivers are morons already, no need to add to that pool.

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Do you feel you need these drivers aids?
I don't like them because human nature will cause driver to get lazy as the cars warning/nannies will warn/save me.
And that isn't good in the long run. a lot of drivers are morons already, no need to add to that pool.
You might want to read through the thread, it's not that long. Your question has already been asked and answered.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
You might want to read through the thread, it's not that long. Your question has already been asked and answered.
A simple yes or no. was all you needed to type.
So I'll take it you need them

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
A simple yes or no. was all you needed to type.
So I'll take it you need them
Of course, you can take it any way you like. I'm just suggesting that if you read the thread, you'll find that the question has already been answered in detail and with consideration of some of the crucial factors.

And anyway, nobody has said that the system is needed. So, I don't even understand why you're asking the question.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Of course, you can take it any way you like. I'm just suggesting that if you read the thread, you'll find that the question has already been answered in detail and with consideration of some of the crucial factors.

And anyway, nobody has said that the system is needed. So, I don't even understand why you're asking the question.
I asked if you feel you need it.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride

Possible it's not so much due to luck, but because his driving style does not lend itself to inducing so many false alarms.

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I asked if you feel you need it.
Okay, just to cut things short. 99.99% of the time these sorts of systems aren't "needed." If I run into an emergency situation where the system is effective, though, I'll be happy I have it. I recognize that although I strive to be a safe driver, I do have limitations, as do we all.

And let's not judge the value of a system like this by the fact that some people will inappropriately rely on it. Of course, that's not smart.

But it's just as easy to argue that it's good to have such systems installed on cars because so many people are bad drivers. I'd sure be happy if someone doesn't rear-end me one day because their car stopped more quickly than they could stop the car themselves.

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Possible it's not so much due to luck, but because his driving style does not lend itself to inducing so many false alarms.
That's a distinct possibility, but I avoided that particular can of worms.

And note that by "false positive" I most definitely DO NOT mean "it went off when a car ahead of me was far enough away not to worry about it." I don't pretend to be able to do physics in my head, on the fly, better than a computer can. I'm referring ONLY to instances where there's absolutely no obstacle ahead of the car that should cause an alert.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Okay, just to cut things short. 99.99% of the time these sorts of systems aren't "needed." If I run into an emergency situation where the system is effective, though, I'll be happy I have it. I recognize that although I strive to be a safe driver, I do have limitations, as do we all.

And let's not judge the value of a system like this by the fact that some people will inappropriately rely on it. Of course, that's not smart.

But it's just as easy to argue that it's good to have such systems installed on cars because so many people are bad drivers. I'd sure be happy if someone doesn't rear-end me one day because their car stopped more quickly than they could stop the car themselves.
Fair enough. but I'd rather they were never put in vehicles and drivers were forced to have to look at the road, and not have in the back of their mind that if I look away, the car will warn me. too many already expect the vehicle to automaticly turn on the lights. the number of vehicle driving around with the lights off, is nuts. All because they lost the habit of having to turn them on.

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough. but I'd rather they were never put in vehicles and drivers were forced to have to look at the road, and not have in the back of their mind that if I look away, the car will warn me. too many already expect the vehicle to automaticly turn on the lights. the number of vehicle driving around with the lights off, is nuts. All because they lost the habit of having to turn them on.
I'd hate to give up conveniences like auto headlights just because some people don't maintain good habits. And when it comes to a safety feature like collision avoidance, I'll continue to drive carefully as if it wasn't there but be happy if it steps in during an emergency and helps me avoid an accident.

I'll agree with some people on this narrow point: such technologies shouldn't be required by law. But then I'm fundamentally against regulations in general, and this is just one minor example.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.