Pre collision alert system

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I've never gotten any alerts on my collision system.checked Settings and system is on.it has sensivity settings,lo.normal and high.mine is set on normal,but it never goes off.has anyone tried high setting to see the difference.both my caddies have a system that first alerts me,then applied brakes .but I get nothing on my gt,even on highway where there'll be sudden stop.thanks
Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I have only had my car for a few weeks but have received a couple of alerts already on the local very narrow roads. When I have pulled over in between two parked cars to let a car headed the other direction go by if my car is still moving and pointing towards them I have received the alert, car was going to slow to notice anything. But the other day as I was about to merge into the left hand turn lane going about 20mph someone pulled in front of me and as my wife said "watch out" the alert went on, I hit the brakes and sure enough not only could I tell it broke harder my wife asked me if the car did that itself.

I have not noticed any difference in settings as I tried both. Hopefully I won't experience that often.

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange Ecoboost Mustang
I have had the warnings go off 2 or 3 times (that I recall) in my 2020 with the standard settings. One time on the highway some jackass did a Jersey sweep in front of me and the warning went off. The other time I was driving to an EMS call and the car in front of me saw the blue light and decided to stop NOW, however I was already slowing down so no idea if the automatic braking works.

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I have had the warnings go off 2 or 3 times (that I recall) in my 2020 with the standard settings. One time on the highway some jackass did a Jersey sweep in front of me and the warning went off. The other time I was driving to an EMS call and the car in front of me saw the blue light and decided to stop NOW, however I was already slowing down so no idea if the automatic braking works.
Just curious.i have a USB always connected,did you guys have usb hooked up.in researching this furthet I found some posts saying usb could cause this.doesnt make sense to me,but I'll try mine without it and see what happens.

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange Ecoboost Mustang
Just curious.i have a USB always connected,did you guys have usb hooked up.in researching this furthet I found some posts saying usb could cause this.doesnt make sense to me,but I'll try mine without it and see what happens.
I don't remember, in the second case probably not, but the first its probably better than a 50/50 chance I did.

Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Might just be me, but I shut all those nannies off as soon as I get the car, except for the reverse warning.
Too many damn bells and whistles going off.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I did a short ride tonight, I saw a car stopped at the stop sign at the end of a viaduct, as I entered the viaduct I floored it for a second just to hear the exhaust echo under there. The notification went off instantly, actually startled me. So the next block I got closer to the same car at the next stop sign breaking later than I would normally (car was already stopped and I didn't play it that close) - no warning. At the next stop light I let the car in front of me accelerate first, I accelerated a bit faster and the alarm went off. It seems to be more sensitive when accelerating than when decelerating. I had nothing plugged into the USB port.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Mine will go off if I come up behind someone who is turning right without slowing (knowing they will be gone by the time I get there) and occasionally pulling into the garage, if I move the car too fast in the driveway. Never had the brakes applied by the system.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I've had mine go off a bunch of times on the street. I was surprised that they do not give you an option to turn it off, which I wanted to do at the track, so I ended up just setting it to low. I generally have it on normal.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
IIRC the owners manual noted the brakes do not get applied but the system activates a "ready mode", so the second you do brake it not only reacts that much quicker but with greater force.

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Yeah, it only beeps, lights up and pressurizes the brakes. Luckily, unlike some other cars, it won't apply the brakes for you. I wouldn't want that.

Has anyone tracked their car hard yet? I've only had it out on a beginner track day and set it to low, but I was wondering if it constantly goes off for guys who do quicker laps and are closer to the other cars and/or passing cars on the track.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I've had mine go off a bunch of times on the street. I was surprised that they do not give you an option to turn it off, which I wanted to do at the track, so I ended up just setting it to low. I generally have it on normal.
IIRC the owners manual noted the brakes do not get applied but the system activates a "ready mode", so the second you do brake it not only reacts that much quicker but with greater force.
I looked in my manual and it shows both active braking and the fact that it turns off in track mode.
E76C4BEA-2511-4466-B2D0-F06ECD16A8A2.jpeg

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
When using adaptive cruise the car hits the brakes if someone is turning too slowly, or pulls out in front of me and doesn't accelerate fast enough.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I looked in my manual and it shows both active braking and the fact that it turns off in track mode.
E76C4BEA-2511-4466-B2D0-F06ECD16A8A2.jpeg
I activated the distance indication and alert. It’s a great tool for knowing how close you’re to the next car in case of heavy breaking.

I worry more about people tailgating me in a situation that I have to stop hard. With the distance indication (adaptive cruise off), if someone is too close behind, I try to stay on gray. I’ll have enough space/time to brake less hard in case the person in the back have crappy reflections/normal car brakes.
Sponsored