RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I'd hate to give up conveniences like auto headlights just because some people don't maintain good habits. And when it comes to a safety feature like collision avoidance, I'll continue to drive carefully as if it wasn't there but be happy if it steps in during an emergency and helps me avoid an accident.

I'll agree with some people on this narrow point: such technologies shouldn't be required by law. But then I'm fundamentally against regulations in general, and this is just one minor example.
Is it really that much of a pain to turn the lights on? Are at this point of laziness.?
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
In that case, I would expect it to be optional. The fact that the authorities make it mandatory for all new cars, and manufacturers make it cumbersome to turn off temporarily and impossible to turn off permanently, means that they consider it needed.
That's what I have a problem with. Not with the system itself, but with having it shoved down my throat.
I should stick to your horse and kart in that case

Having a proven safety system turned off is like driving without your safety belt on or driving in the dark with your lights off. The legal requirements for these systems are there to save people like you from yourself!

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Is it really that much of a pain to turn the lights on? Are at this point of laziness.?
Come on, seriously. It’s a convenience, nothing more, nothing less. Do you use a remote with your TV, or do you manually adjust the volume?

Sponsored

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
How do you switch it off in a 2015 GT.? forscan only.?

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Don't watch much tv. so don't need to change the channel or volume, just turn it on to watch the news, and then off.
Okay, how about this... Do you use a thermostat, or do you adjust your heating/cooling by hand?

Of course, I could spend the next week listing all the modern conveniences that we use every day. If you're telling me you live in a cave, kill some of your food by hand and gather the rest from the wild, wait for lightning to start a fire, and only communicate as far as your voice can carry, then I'll tip my hat to you and say you're not a "lazy" person.

Otherwise, please.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I switched to a different upper and lower grill insert from custom car grills - the full pre-made inserts:

https://www.customcargrills.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Ford_Must_GT_15

Now that I did that i get "Collision Sensor Not available. Sensor Blocked. See manual." I may have to decide to just relocate it more central to the grill mess and away from the vertical plastic post, but the original grill sat in the same place, so I have no idea why the sensor doesn't like the new grill.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Okay, how about this... Do you use a thermostat, or do you adjust your heating/cooling by hand?

Of course, I could spend the next week listing all the modern conveniences that we use every day. If you're telling me you live in a cave, kill some of your food by hand and gather the rest from the wild, wait for lightning to start a fire, and only communicate as far as your voice can carry, then I'll tip my hat to you and say you're not a "lazy" person.

Otherwise, please.
Add logs to the wood burning stove. that is the thermostat.
Hunt, yup, clean and cook it, yup. farm yup.
But we are getting off track, we are talking about un NEEDED nanny driver aids, that To me, and this is MY opinion. don't make the roads safer, as the driver uses it as a safety net for when they face plant into their phone screen. It is all garbage that is not needed my opinion. take it as such.
Clearly you see it all as the greatest stuff since sliced bread. And that is fine. I'm the driver, not the car.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
So glad I don't have this garbage on any of my cars or trucks.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I should stick to your horse and kart in that case
I'm not getting you.
If a horse could take me to 100 mph in full comfort, then I would stick to it. What's your point?

The legal requirements for these systems are there to save people like you from yourself!
That's exactly why I hate them. I don't want nor need anyone to save me from myself. I am a free man and I am perfectly able to decide what I want to do with my life. You're neither my mother nor my nanny and have no right to intervene in my life to "save me from myself". You may give me advice, which I appreciate, but ultimately it is up to me - and only me - to decide if I take it or not. If I want to jump off a cliff, I will. What's it to you if I do?

When a third party suggests that I am too stupid to be left to my own devices and that they must "save me from myself", I find that not only extremely arrogant, but also deeply insulting. Especially when it isn't merely a suggestion, but a direct assertion. I am old and smart enough not to hurt myself. And if I'm wrong and I do hurt myself, that's nobody's business but mine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.