Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I just wonder how much of the gains are just from a more aggressive tune than the added components. They probably add the components just to justify the price. It doesn't much matter to me. I'm still going to purchase it.
With the bigger throttle body, you need more air, thus the kit. Make sure you register with Ford Performance and if you can chat with Tom, he can give you the tire RPM, or, rotations per mile, which is critical for setting up the final calibration.
Sponsored

MR YUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible
With the bigger throttle body, you need more air, thus the kit. Make sure you register with Ford Performance and if you can chat with Tom, he can give you the tire RPM, or, rotations per mile, which is critical for setting up the final calibration.

Doesn't FP have the tunes pre-canned just waiting for the specs on the car they are putting the kit on?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't FP have the tunes pre-canned just waiting for the specs on the car they are putting the kit on?
it's all pre-canned. Just that there is a dynamic equation that reads values from the table(s) and then does some transformation. Wheel size is a variable.

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
It has to be downloaded into a laptop and then conveyed to the car through the procal with 95 separate uploads. The RPM settings are very important. The program is set for your VIN and name.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
$1700 CAD before taxes, brutal.
Wow. But for some the warranty and piece of mind etc makes it worth it. Personally less than half that price for double the power makes alot more sense if e85 is available in the area.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Levittownford has the kit for $1008 US. I am going to order from there as I haven't found a better price even with exchange, duty, and $140 ground shipping.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
The pinging was with the 2015-1017 Ford Racing PowerPack 2 and 3. I haven't heard of anyone getting pinging with the Ford Racing powerpack with the 2018-2020. i have had my kit on since August when we had 108 temps and had no pinging. I also run 2 gallons of VP101 and 2 gallons of E85 to get me near 94 octane and have had no pinging.

Dave

Yep battling detonation for a while on my 16. Going back to stock tomorrow. Not worth an engine.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I’m more interested in this kit than ever but I’m still a bit skeptical since larger TBs and CAIs have offered very little performance benefit since the Coyote showed up. Basically it has been something like a tune and a CAI would find about more 30 more peak hp and the tune alone was worth 25ish out of that 30...so the last 5hp represented 70% of the cost.

I don’t ever remember hearing that larger throttle bodies helped these motors in naturally aspirated form.

I’m psyched to hear that folks are happy with this kit but I’m still really looking forward to some dyno/strip verification that this is more than a throttle curve adjustment.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I’m more interested in this kit than ever but I’m still a bit skeptical since larger TBs and CAIs have offered very little performance benefit since the Coyote showed up. Basically it has been something like a tune and a CAI would find about more 30 more peak hp and the tune alone was worth 25ish out of that 30...so the last 5hp represented 70% of the cost.

I don’t ever remember hearing that larger throttle bodies helped these motors in naturally aspirated form.

I’m psyched to hear that folks are happy with this kit but I’m still really looking forward to some dyno/strip verification that this is more than a throttle curve adjustment.
Imo this pack shines bright if you have a newer car and want to upgrade rear gears and refine the drivability of the car, while keeping some of your warranty. The peak power gains aren't super relevant, its mostly what you pick up under the curve that's worthwhile.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Quick question, before I order and talk to dealers about the install. I assume you install the TB and CAI, and then load the tune. I also assume if the tune is not loaded, with the larger TB the car will not run right or throw a code?

Just trying to figure if I leave it with one, I know they did everything "right". Was figuring if they dont load the tune, or do something wrong there, once complete with the install, that the larger TB would be a trigger for me.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I would not drive it with the new parts and the tune not loaded. It’s a pretty easy install. It took about a hour to do. I removed the sound tube when I got home myself. I was happy with the kit. Still breaking the car in. Only got 420 miles on the car. Installed the first week I bought the car.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the car will drive "just fine" without the tune at modest driving use. There might be some minor stumble but the amount of air getting thru the larger TB with the vane just cracked is nothing.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
OK, thanks. Wasnt planning on driving, just my OCD of checking behind the work and making sure they load the tune too.

I may just do it all myself, I dunno.
Sponsored