Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Waiting for mine with Lund flex tune and nguage. Hope I made the right choice. From most post seems like I did. So flex fuel is a Good thing right? I have one 10 min from my house and it's cheaper than 91.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Waiting for mine with Lund flex tune and nguage. Hope I made the right choice. From most post seems like I did. So flex fuel is a Good thing right? I have one 10 min from my house and it's cheaper than 91.
without a doubt

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Funny how everybody says there's no gains with a CAI...
Not all of them make real gains. Please don't group all of the other products with ours. I don't think it's fair to use gains from our kit to justify others.

We spent a lot of time and R&D to do things completely different than everyone else. I mean no offense.

I could be wrong but I believe our kits are consistently making more power than all the others.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Not all of them make real gains. Please don't group all of the other products with ours. I don't think it's fair to use gains from our kit to justify others.

We spent a lot of time and R&D to do things completely different than everyone else. I mean no offense.

I could be wrong but I believe our kits are consistently making more power than all the others.
agree 100% and after reading all the "internet experts" on how an intake is a waste of $$ and doesn't do anything i was turned off from them. then seeing how yours is designed so much different with such a gigantic pipe, it was clear what works..excellent work! :thumbsup:

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Thank you! I don't blame a lot of these people for being skeptical about cold air intakes, trust me, I've flow tested a lot of them lol

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
Thank you! I don't blame a lot of these people for being skeptical about cold air intakes, trust me, I've flow tested a lot of them lol
I have a question. Isn't comparing your no-tune intake to other no tune intakes like comparing apples to oranges? I'm not trying to be combative by any means. I just want to know if it is a fair comparison since your's alters the MAF signal.

I truly am interest since I am planning to begin mods on my car soon.

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
I have a question. Isn't comparing your no-tune intake to other no tune intakes like comparing apples to oranges? I'm not trying to be combative by any means. I just want to know if it is a fair comparison since your's alters the MAF signal.

I truly am interest since I am planning to begin mods on my car soon.
No, it is apples to apples as the MAF signal is not "altered", the MAF is specifically calibrated for that MAF housing to use factory settings in the PCM to adjust fuel accordingly just as it would with the stock air box.

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
No, it is apples to apples as the MAF signal is not "altered", the MAF is specifically calibrated for that MAF housing to use factory settings in the PCM to adjust fuel accordingly just as it would with the stock air box.
Understood. Altered was a poor choice of words, but the MAF is different than stock. This is what accounts for the $100 increase in price, and why there is not a reducer at the throttle body.

So still not apples to apples, in my mind (Calibrated MAF vs. Nothing), but sounds like it's well worth the extra money if you don't want to run the risk of warranty issues from tuning. I'll definitely consider this when I upgrade. I was planning on just a panel filter with no other changes, since most no-tune CAI's really don't do much, but these gains are very nice.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

So less about Ford's piss poor service levels and ability to service and warranty repair the new Mustang because no one in the UK has a clue what they are doing when it comes to parts.....

Today my intake heat reflective gold tape arrived, first picture it is hard to notice which is pretty much what you will see in the engine bay, second picture you can see a lot more gold. ;)

So why?
Well we know the open intakes tend to run with higher IAT's (intake air temperature) which can cause two issues, cause the ECU to retard timing, though this is unlikely unless its extremely heatsoaked, what is more likely to happen is the ECU won't add additional timing which it does upto 8 degrees when it air temperatures are lower and good fuel is in the tank.

So I fully wrapped the maf tub to help prevent it heatsoaking and as such heating up the maf sensor and causing heat soak and the maf reporting much higher IAT's than actual. Then parts of the intake tube and air box that are facing the hot side of the engine and exposed to radiant heat also have the gold reflective tape to help reflect heat away keeping air temperatures down.

Will this work who knows, but the roll of tape was £15 delivered, so hardly breaking the bank.

Next step will be to extend the ducting from the cars grill area to bring it right upto the PMAS air box, this won't effect flow when the car is moving, if anything improve it due to ram air effect and again it will assist in keeping IAT's very close to ambient levels.

So that is it for now, once the car is repaired and back from Ford, I shall fit this, drive for a few hundred miles to see how it feels and then back to the same dyno to see if I have made any gains along the curve and peak power. :)

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hi there

So less about Ford's piss poor service levels and ability to service and warranty repair the new Mustang because no one in the UK has a clue what they are doing when it comes to parts.....

Today my intake heat reflective gold tape arrived, first picture it is hard to notice which is pretty much what you will see in the engine bay, second picture you can see a lot more gold. ;)

So why?
Well we know the open intakes tend to run with higher IAT's (intake air temperature) which can cause two issues, cause the ECU to retard timing, though this is unlikely unless its extremely heatsoaked, what is more likely to happen is the ECU won't add additional timing which it does upto 8 degrees when it air temperatures are lower and good fuel is in the tank.

So I fully wrapped the maf tub to help prevent it heatsoaking and as such heating up the maf sensor and causing heat soak and the maf reporting much higher IAT's than actual. Then parts of the intake tube and air box that are facing the hot side of the engine and exposed to radiant heat also have the gold reflective tape to help reflect heat away keeping air temperatures down.

Will this work who knows, but the roll of tape was £15 delivered, so hardly breaking the bank.

Next step will be to extend the ducting from the cars grill area to bring it right upto the PMAS air box, this won't effect flow when the car is moving, if anything improve it due to ram air effect and again it will assist in keeping IAT's very close to ambient levels.

So that is it for now, once the car is repaired and back from Ford, I shall fit this, drive for a few hundred miles to see how it feels and then back to the same dyno to see if I have made any gains along the curve and peak power. :)
Looking forward to your results.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Hi there

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o504/Gibbo205/BMW%20M3/IMG_8010.jpg[img]

[img]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o504/Gibbo205/BMW%20M3/IMG_8011.jpg[img]

So why?

Next step will be to extend the ducting from the cars grill area to bring it right upto the PMAS air box, [B]this won't effect flow when the car is moving,[/B] if anything improve it due to ram air effect and again it will assist in keeping IAT's very close to ambient levels

So that is it for now, once the car is repaired and back from Ford, I shall fit this, drive for a few hundred miles to see how it feels and then back to the same dyno to see if I have made any gains along the curve and peak power. :)[/quote]
You cant prove that you dont have the tools. Nick has already stated using the snorkel decreases flow, who had the tools to prove it. So you saying itll not decrease flow is sophistry. :confused:

I dont think the gold wrap isnt a horrible idea for those that can get it cheap enough.
Sponsored