Sponsored

PMAS Power Results Thread

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Alright, if you have been following along in the UPR thread, you know that we have been waiting for my dyno appointment to test the PMAS intake back to back with the stock intake on the same dyno, on the same day. The results are in, but first, a bit of background.

Purchased the PMAS from Lethal Performance. They had the best deal, hands down. Free shipping alone made it the best deal. Used their standard forum discount for a bit off.

Installed the "no tune" PMAS and logged the supplied MAF with my tuner. He was impressed at the very clean and smooth MAF signal, and confirmed that there was no "trickery" happening with load factoring with the different MAF. No changes to the tune were necessary.

I initially installed the unit with the MAF down inside the shield. This left a gap between the bottom of the MAF housing and the shield IATs were sky high. Consistently, even at highway speed and WOT I could only get within 12-15* of ambient.

I have since turned the MAF to face upwards, while still inside the shield. This has allowed me to turn the filter down into the shield, more in line with incoming air, and has also better sealed the shield against the MAF housing. Intake temps have dropped significantly. I am seeing within 4-9* of ambient while cruising. Temps while sitting have dropped approximately 20* also.

My car has a flex fuel tune (done by Mike O'Grady of OG Tuning), X pipe, GT500 mufflers, 170* thermostat, and of course the PMAS. Car is currently on E77.

Dyno runs were done at Pur Performance in St. Charles, MO on 7.7.16. Weather was stormy and high 80s for temps. All runs done on a Dynojet with SAE correction factor. NO changes to the tune, at all.

First run was made with the PMAS on, hood open. Intake temps near ambient.

Second run was done with PMAS and hood closed.

Third run was done within 5 minutes of the other two with the hood open and the stock intake.

Results:
Hood Open 415.45hp/386.5tq
Hood Closed 412.94hp/387.71tq
Stock intake 401.40hp/379.70tq

I think it's important to note that dyno numbers can vary wildly, even between the same brands. Less important to look at the total, but the change.

This is a quick video I threw together on my phone. There will be a more comprehensive, and much better produced, video coming from Bad Bowtie Productions on YouTube. He was there dynoing his 2016 SS today. (410whp/423wtq)

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Nice results. Overall do you feel the intake is worth it for mostly stock?

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I can sure see me maybe buying that a bit later. Those gains are really impressive for an intake system. How does it sound? I prefer as close to stock as possible on sound these days-guess I'm showing my age.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Sweet you picked up 10 from that intake. I picked up 7 with an airaid. It'll be interesting hearing the CAI do nothing crowds comments.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
How come you bought the no tune required vs the one that required a tune when you already have a tune? Is it possible to get more out of it if you have a tune done for it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
How come you bought the no tune required vs the one that required a tune when you already have a tune? Is it possible to get more out of it if you have a tune done for it?
Logged the tune with my tuner. We could have changed anything we wanted. There was no reason, it was spot on. Nothing to gain.

Bought the no tune specifically to test. Gained 14whp on an already tuned car.

And hood open in a static environment is a fair comparison IMO, due to the amount of air moving in the underhood area while at speed. But, it's hard to say.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Great work. Thanks for posting.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Right on, well thank you for doing it and congrats. Do you notice a difference driving? Do you think the tune version would be just as good?

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
What kind of HP bump would those of us without a tune see?

OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550

Sponsored
OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Right on, well thank you for doing it and congrats. Do you notice a difference driving? Do you think the tune version would be just as good?
Yes.

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
What kind of HP bump would those of us without a tune see?
This, we'll find out mid August as I'm getting dyno done on stock car with stock/PMAS intakes. I'm assuming that is what were you asking. I'm curious too:thumbsup:

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
Finally some results.... would love to see what the tune version is capable of.. alreay heard that LUND has already been messing around with these...

OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
The tune version is capable of the same thing. It's the same intake, you just adjust your stock MAF for the larger tube size.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Thanks for spending the time and money to do all this work, and then for sharing your results with us. It's nice to have some independent data to go along with the manufacturer's claims. Great job, dev1360!
Sponsored