Sponsored

PMAS new heat shield design

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I don't get.. not saying my JLT is better but once moving it drops to within 10 degree celsius of the ambient temps.. Even in today's 30*c temps.
Mine do too. Not in stop and go traffic though. Once you get over staring at the IAT's and realize the car is still adding timing at 140 degrees it'll pass. Mine gets warm but never hits a buck fifty, and nGuage says i'm still adding timing. i'm Happy...
Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Mine do too. Not in stop and go traffic though. Once you get over staring at the IAT's and realize the car is still adding timing at 140 degrees it'll pass. Mine gets warm but never hits a buck fifty, and nGuage says i'm still adding timing. i'm Happy...
Yeah to be honest I've never seen my IAT go above 122*f. Cylinder Head temps never above 206*f either.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Ordered one from CJ Pony. Also replied to your PM.
Got it and replied. Have Lund send you a revision for it, and make note of the gasket placement. Some have put it back on wrong.

Sponsored

OP
OP

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base Oxford White
Got it and replied. Have Lund send you a revision for it, and make note of the gasket placement. Some have put it back on wrong.
Ok yeah I will make sure I get a revision. How hard was the install? tried to find some videos but I could not find any for 15-17.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Ok yeah I will make sure I get a revision. How hard was the install? tried to find some videos but I could not find any for 15-17.
Not hard. There are threads out there. Best option would be hose clamp. I just stuffed some old towels down in there and used a large zip lock bag to catch what i could. Make note of gasket position. I re-used original gasket, poured what i caught with zip lock back in and topped it off with this: http://www.kmart.com/prestone-dex-cool-extended-life-50-prediluted-af850-1/p-02827890000P?sid=KDx01192011x000001&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI16bX-YH12gIVF1YNCh19nw7CEAQYAyABEgI9yfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

OP
OP

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not hard. There are threads out there. Best option would be hose clamp. I just stuffed some old towels down in there and used a large zip lock bag to catch what i could. Make note of gasket position. I re-used original gasket, poured what i caught with zip lock back in and topped it off with this: http://www.kmart.com/prestone-dex-cool-extended-life-50-prediluted-af850-1/p-02827890000P?sid=KDx01192011x000001&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI16bX-YH12gIVF1YNCh19nw7CEAQYAyABEgI9yfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Thanks man Spoke with Brandon from Lund and he told me I am good to go on the thermastat their tunes already have the fans coming on early so I won't need a revision. I read it in one of the threads for the T-Stat that someone working with John Senior from Lund was told the same thing.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Thanks man Spoke with Brandon from Lund and he told me I am good to go on the thermastat their tunes already have the fans coming on early so I won't need a revision. I read it in one of the threads for the T-Stat that someone working with John Senior from Lund was told the same thing.
Nice. Took a ride today (80 degrees) and while moving on the highway my IAT reading was 87. Got into town in traffic at 30mph and it only got up to 118. Sitting at red light it crawled to 126 but that's as hot as she got. Hope it helps you keep the temps down.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Soooooo I threw 5lbs of ice into my JLT bucket today. Idling in traffic did not help at all. But when moving the IAT dropped scary fast :lol: Sustained 40 mph netted a 10*c above ambient. That tells me the non sealed CAI does in fact move a lot of air.

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
So when I got home from work I made a small aluminum heat shield around the meter, added a heat shield blocking the majority of the hot air from the radiator. I also added thicker foam to the top of the PMAS heat shield and modified the factory snorkel to allow it to fit with the PMAS intake. I will know in the morning on the way to work if it lowers temps. If it does I will post some detailed pictures.

OP
OP

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So when I got home from work I made a small aluminum heat shield around the meter, added a heat shield blocking the majority of the hot air from the radiator. I also added thicker foam to the top of the PMAS heat shield and modified the factory snorkel to allow it to fit with the PMAS intake. I will know in the morning on the way to work if it lowers temps. If it does I will post some detailed pictures.
wouldn't the snorkel limit the air flow? I was thinking if you just block off the other side of the Pmas without going all the way to the fender wall the flow of air should go directly to the PMAS and should block most of the heat out? NVM I looked at and it wouldn't work

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
If it really bothers you that much, Gibbo spent a ton of time and money chasing the same thing: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64490&highlight=PMAS

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Again, Ford Performance has a CAI where you don't have to re-engineer it.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Again, Ford Performance has a CAI where you don't have to re-engineer it.
I just saw a post above this one where someone was experiencing very high IAT temps with the GT350 intake... seems like that may have the same “issue”.

I think blocking the radiator flow with the aluminum shroud would be a “fix”.

I had a look at mine tonight and see the open space where air can come through the rad and be directed right near the air filter on the PMAS. I would think blocking this some would allow the air to be drawn in from the original snorkel that goes to the front honeycombs.

Looking directly down in that open space, you can see the bottom cover. I wonder if a little scoop there would channel a lot of cold air up into the air filter area? Then the issue might be some sort of too much air and hood lift?

Just thinking out loud...
Sponsored