PFC Rotors - High Perf Alternative

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
For those of you who track your cars if you are looking for really good, high-end rotors such as A P Racing, Girodisc, Baer or others, Performance Friction is worth considering. Manufactured in USA (South Carolina), unfortunately you have to order from the UK. However, even with 2-day air freight they are still price competitive (or less) and the ordering process is simple enough and shipping is amazing. Thought I'd wait a week or two but there they were mid-week (same week as ordered). Pictured are set of rear rotors for S550 Mustang (I think PP and Mach 1 are same). This set was $912 and no duties since it's US manufactured. My friends and I have run these on multiple other vehicles and their quality, performance and durability are outstanding. Also, no spindles, clips, washers or bobbins to replace when you do a rotor change. Super simple, pop out circular spring, put in new rotor and put spring back in, done.

1645908727778.png

1645908820273.png

1645908873443.png
Sponsored

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Love PFC's what's Part # for rears?

Sponsored

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
This is what the front rotors look like, if anyone is curious. Didn't weigh the stock fronts but they are a lot heavier than these.
Changing brake pads BTW is such a breeze! Super nice and effortless.

1647107798116.png

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
This is what the front rotors look like, if anyone is curious. Didn't weigh the stock fronts but they are a lot heavier than these.
Changing brake pads BTW is such a breeze! Super nice and effortless.

1647107798116.png
did we confirm that rotor isn't on backwards?

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
did we confirm that rotor isn't on backwards?
They come with very nice instructions, but some manufacturers do have the slotted part going the other direction. What's more important though is the direction of the internal veins for air flow, and they are correct.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
These use a snap ring instead of threaded fasteners for the disc iirc. Cool stuff

Sponsored

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
I've been in contact with Grahame about these rotors. Fronts are currently in stock and rears will be available in 4 to 6 weeks.
I'm on the fence about converting to use these rotors with the GTPP calipers on my Ecoboost. No guarantee the calipers will clear my 18" wheels. I'm running 15mm spacers with 18x9.5 TSW Bathurst wheels, but not confident enough to take the risk. Can anyone convince me to do the conversion?

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I think you are asking a "Should I do a brake system conversion," and not a brake rotor question (obviously).
If you're not going to track your car I don't think you should consider these rotors. I full have the full set on my car. They are no smoother, not any quieter and feel absolutely no different than stock rotors on the street. They are a little bit lighter.

However, if you are going to track your car, I think there is no better rotor system out there. I will be running Road Atlanta next week Thursday with a good set of track pads and will report back.
If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, then that's a different issue and maybe you should just go for it!

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ran half-day event with JZilla at Road Atlanta today. Weather was great, perfect temps and no rain even though thunderstorms had been forecast. Ran all 4 sessions, the last two with friend as passenger who is car enthusiast but not a driver. This is just a brakes report.

PFC front and rear V3 rotors, Pagid RSL 29 pads front and rear, PFC 665 brake fluid. What can I say, really great. Totally rock solid brake pedal from beginning of session to end. No fade whatsoever and super consistent lap after lap. Never had any doubt coming down the hill from the back straight to turn 10a. Ran much of the last two sessions with good friend who has late model GT3, obviously no comparison on speeds on the straights, he just walks away every time but under max braking no problems staying in there in the braking zone. Hard to see in the picture but that color and coating is almost all brake dust. Stock calipers are really good BTW.

1649976386903.png

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Still have to reverse import from UK, right?

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yes, unfortunately, you must order from the UK, however, even with shipping they are still cost competitive to other high-end rotors.
Sponsored