Performance Friction Rotors: THE rotor

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Thought I'd start a new thread on my search for set of Performance Friction rotors for the S550 Mustang. I live in SC and Performance Friction is literally 100 miles from me. I have a new Mustang on order, but won't see the car until mid-July (March order). I drive my cars on track a fair amount 3-6 events per year (Road Atlanta, VIR, Roebling, AMP, CMP etc) on average but 2020 was really SLOW, hardly any events. Anyway, I've used PFC products for years on another make and model of vehicle. Their rotors for both stock applications and aftermarket for the BBK are excellent. Their rotors last longer than most other competitors, their metallurgy is superior and I've been told they machine the rotors with no lubricant to prevent any uptake into the structure of the rotor (have not independently confirmed this last info). Bottom line they are one of the best aftermarket rotors out there.
Since they are manufactured in the US and the Mustang is a popular platform they should be easy to get, right? Wrong! Couldn't find a source anywhere in the US. Roush used to have these rotors and used them on their P-51 edition Mustang, but Roush in Michigan and Roush in Mooresville, NC both said "sorry, don't have those." Turns out most of the supply is going to Performance Friction UK, supplier for rest of world other than North America. So, a few email exchanges with Grahame at PFC and I had a set of 378 mm rotors on their way back to the US. Imagine they have to cross the Atlantic twice to get to me. Also, confirmed with Customs today, no duties or import taxes since they are a US produced product and are not modified or machined overseas, so just like buying at home.
A few pictures here. Will show you in a couple days why the V3 system is superior. You can literally change the rotor in 2-3 minutes per side once the rotor is off the car. Super easy, super elegant no fumbling with a million bobbins, washers nuts and spacers when you change rotors.

DSC09688.JPG

DSC09684.JPG

DSC09685.JPG

DSC09686.JPG

DSC09687.JPG

DSC09689.JPG

DSC09690.JPG

DSC09691.JPG

DSC09692.JPG
Sponsored

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
Hi,
very informative write up, hope you are happy with the discs when you recieve your new car!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so can we finally get a group order going? All previous comms has led to there being no inventory and a minimum of 10 of each SKU before they would entertain production.

Member here is keenly in need of hats.

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
Ok so can we finally get a group order going? All previous comms has led to there being no inventory and a minimum of 10 of each SKU before they would entertain production.

Hi i am happy to help any members who want to place a group order, if you get together with
quantities etc, we can try and organise payment/shipping etc.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
What sort of cost are we talking.. I too am also running several HPDE sessions per year.. Currently using 'Centric Throw away' Rock Auto rotors..
Going 2 piece has always been cost prohibitive TBH...
I'll be in at a reasonable cost.

Sponsored

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
What sort of cost are we talking.. I too am also running several HPDE sessions per year.. Currently using 'Centric Throw away' Rock Auto rotors..
Going 2 piece has always been cost prohibitive TBH...
I'll be in at a reasonable cost.
two piece V3 disc 378mm is $425.95 each plus shipping. replacement rotors also available from stock, as are trackday front pads.

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
If you are not aware, those prices quoted by Grahame, even with shipping, are less than other popular 2-piece rotor options.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
I ran Performance Friction two piece rotors on my last three BMWs. The first car saw 40k miles and probably two dozen track days turning laps in the mid 1:40s at Laguna. They were still good when I sold the car. I put PF rotors on my first e90, ran half a dozen track days and 30k street miles, took them off and put them on my second e90 M3 and proceded to put 90k street miles on them. Sold that car with the rotors still in good shape.
These things are durable.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
two piece V3 disc 378mm is $425.95 each plus shipping. replacement rotors also available from stock, as are trackday front pads.
whats the price of just the replacement rotor?

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
This is how you change a ring. Simple takes 5 minutes max rotor off and on to the hat. Just get screwdriver in the little slot to pull it out of the groove.
1621644197758.png

Sponsored

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2

if anyone may be interested in the discs offered, send me a message to my e-mail with your full address details,i am happy to quote individually if thats easier?. thanks,

[email protected]

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Roush used to have these rotors and used them on their P-51 edition Mustang, but Roush in Michigan and Roush in Mooresville, NC both said "sorry, don't have those."
Actually, not quite correct, Roush likely has dozens of front and rear sets on hand. PFC said the shipped fifty sets to Roush a year ago. Roush just won't sell any, they said they are only for replacement parts for people who have P51 cars.
Sponsored