PFC V3 ROTORS

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes & Chassis' started by TwinReverb, May 22, 2020.

1. TwinReverb

TwinReverb Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT PP
    0   0   0
    PFC V3 ROTORS

Anyone out there interested in some PFC Two Piece V3 Rotors that fit 2015+ Performance Pack cars in the Front and Rear?

Optimum Performance is having a pre buy. These are the same Rotors equipped on the ROUSH P51 Special Edition Mustang. Not many options out there for front and rear. I’m not affiliated with Optimum Performance. I’m just trying to get the word out in case anyone else is as interested as I am.

Link to Pre Buy

https://www.opmustang.com/store/p381/2015-2020_Mustang_PFC_2_Piece_Rotor_Kit_-_Pre-_Buy_Ends_6-2-2020.html#/

Photos of Fronts and Rears can be viewed here:

https://www.motorcarsofjackson.com/...sh-p-51-special-edition-c-169.htm#details-153

2. Brazos609

Brazos609 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
    0   0   0
    I like the idea of no bolts to worry about. I had had asked a PFC rep about these last year at a demo day but he said he only did fleet sales.

TwinReverb likes this.
  3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '19 GT pp1 Orange
    0   0   0
    #3 fatbillybob, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    I race the fronts now. Awesome!

Coolest thing for us track guys is not having to stock a complete set of extra rotors just rings. Rings can be changed in 30 seconds instead of an hour with a bunch of nuts and bolts locktite and sometimes wire. The V3 is the best. We need more mustang guys to run them so we can have more vendors supplying the parts for these and that will get the cost down. PFC has minimum orders the vendors have to buy to support us. so we need to support the vendors. This V3 is a true floating rotor too but makes no noise for street guys because of the retaining spring. Every other bolted rotor makes noise. any bolted rotor that does not make noise is really floating. So with stoptech for example you can the hardware to bolt rotors or you can buy the race hardware which has bigger pins by 0.010" so the ring floats. The PFC's are a huge advantage and everyone wins. They also wear really well. They wear better than the Stoptech aero rotors with same XP 20 pads which are pretty kind to rotors in general.

nameuser and TwinReverb like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    TwinReverb

First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT PP
    0   0   0
    So you have these rotors on your car now?

5. fatbillybob

Vehicle(s):
    '19 GT pp1 Orange
    0   0   0
    yes but not rears

TwinReverb likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    TwinReverb

First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT PP
    0   0   0
    Wow I didn’t know there was ever a production run of the fronts.

7. KellTrac

KellTrac Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT
    0   0   0
    Sooooo where can I get these? Not seeing anything in the links? Thanks

8. fatbillybob

Vehicle(s):
    '19 GT pp1 Orange
    0   0   0
    This is the problem. PFC will not work with small people like us. They worked with Roush and that's how the fronts came to be.

https://pfcbrakes.com/News/ArticleID/31/NEW-Mustang-Parts-Available

Some got out and I was lucky and got a pair. Then Roush got snooty and would not support the product unless they went on a Roush P-51 mustang. So you can't buy extra rings or the rotor kit from Roush. So you had two lamers PFC and Roush preventing a fantastic product from getting out there. PFC just doesn't care because their turds don't stink and we should be happy for them to throw us scraps.

The coolest things is a Optimum Performance is super reputable supporter and vendor in the mustang market bringing this existing product to us unwashed masses. OP's customer service is fantastic and they don't sell any junk. OP deals with "top drawer." So sounds like OP plans to stock these parts are a regular basis and the pre-buy on the rears and or fronts is the 1st step to developing a market for these PFC V3's. I've been racing a long time on various floating hat/rotor combinations. I regularly swap rings on hats since the rings are consumables. It takes 30mins to do the swap vs. 30 seconds with V3. There is nothing more simple and quick than the V3 system which allows you to not have to stock a whole other set of hats and rotors to swap trackside. With V3 all you need are extra rings and 30 seconds you are done. I'm surprised no one has stolen this idea. Why every other manufacturer including most of PFC is still nut and bolting floating rotors is beyond me especially as the street guys have embraced the hat/rotor concept.

For street guys the V3 spring prevents the noise and allows the rotor to still float. Many others say their rotors are for racing so too bad live with the noise. Stoptech kinda straddles the fence and has a street or race pin set up. So you deal with the noise by using a street pin setup but then your rotors don't float.

EDit: Heard the deal fell through. OP will not be doing this with PFC. Oh well we live with lesser parts...

TwinReverb likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    TwinReverb

First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT PP
    0   0   0
    For now it appears no one can get them. Tim closed the pre-buy and refunded our money today. Not enough people committed to getting these built. PFC has a minimum to starting production. It is a shame because the V3 technology, weight, and the price these were going to be offered at were going to make them hard to beat. The two links below are to the original threads. I asked Jared in the lethal performance live stream last night if they carried PFC brake components, as I imagined we may not get enough buy ins here. He said if someone with contacts to PFC would get in touch they could look at it.
    Really I think there is little knowledge of these rotors to the market and therefore no interest. A vendor more or less has to take the risk and make at least the minimum order of either 10 pairs of fronts and/or 10 pairs of rears and then hope to sell them. In my opinion I think if they were already available and at the price that was being discussed, these would sell relatively well just based on comparison to other market offerings.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/s550-rear-2-piece-floating-rotor-kit-pre-buy.138521/

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/s550-rear-2-piece-floating-rotor-kit-pre-buy.16033/