avy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hi there!

Anyone happen to install a 2018+ Performance Pack spoiler on their 2015-2017 Mustang? If so, do you have any pictures?

My 2017 has the small spoiler blade and I wanted to make the upgrade. I understand they use the same holes, but I wanted to see if there are any problems I would run into if I pulled the trigger.

Thanks!
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Hi there!

Anyone happen to install a 2018+ Performance Pack spoiler on their 2015-2017 Mustang? If so, do you have any pictures?

My 2017 has the small spoiler blade and I wanted to make the upgrade. I understand they use the same holes, but I wanted to see if there are any problems I would run into if I pulled the trigger.

Thanks!
Should be the same install process if you were to swap to a GT350 Track Pack spoiler. Remove the old 3M tape, install new tape on the spoiler, make sure the mounting surface is super clean, pop the spoiler on, hold it in place for like 60 seconds, then bolt it on. I think your biggest issue would be removing the existing spoiler and tape, which you can do with fishing line and some Goof Off.

JR

OP
OP

avy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Should be the same install process if you were to swap to a GT350 Track Pack spoiler. Remove the old 3M tape, install new tape on the spoiler, make sure the mounting surface is super clean, pop the spoiler on, hold it in place for like 60 seconds, then bolt it on. I think your biggest issue would be removing the existing spoiler and tape, which you can do with fishing line and some Goof Off.

JR
Thanks a bunch, JR! I had a feeling getting the existing tape off was going to be a huge pain.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
Thanks a bunch, JR! I had a feeling getting the existing tape off was going to be a huge pain.
3M (and some other lesser known brands) makes eraser wheels, sometimes called stripe off wheels. you connect it to your drill, and they supposedly dont hurt the paint. it probably leaves a hell of a lot of micro scratches though, but this would be on the bottom of the spoiler where you're going to apply more tape anyway, its not going to be seen.

you might need someone else to help hold, or some creative figure-four leg lock maneuver to stabilize the wing while you use the wheel on it, but it will probably make removal much easier.

never used one, but looked into it a while back. if i had to do over, i'd buy one and give it a try, my fingers hurt for days after peeling off that tape on a lip spoiler for my previous car

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
When you get the current spoiler off and if there is any residual tape left you can use a hair dryer and warm the old tape which will be easier to take off. Goo Gone works good also. I like to use a combination of heat and Goo Gone.

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Does that spoiler have any downforce or is it just cosmetic?

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does that spoiler have any downforce or is it just cosmetic?
It’s cosmetic. Ford designed it to be neutral. If you look at the lower surface; you can see the voids Ford used to achieve that neutrality.

Cheers,

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I just took off my stock spoiler and a heat gun and fishing line made taking off the existing tape pretty easy. Helped to have two sets of hands though.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
It’s cosmetic. Ford designed it to be neutral. If you look at the lower surface; you can see the voids Ford used to achieve that neutrality.

Cheers,
If you are referring to the PP1 spoiler there is supposed to be a downforce of 60lbs created

lucky_sharm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Shadow Black 301A
Did the swap about a month ago. Hardest part for me was taking off the original spoiler. Doesn't help that I live in Winterpeg....Anyways, don't be afraid to pull on that existing spoiler a bit after you've warmed up the tape. Had no issues installing, holes lined up and the bolt on was easy. Good luck, and post pics when it's on there!

Sponsored

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
Here's some pics of my pp spoiler install from this past summer. Biggest pain is removing the old blade spoiler and removing the old tape as others have stated. Pretty easy install though.
ppspoiler.jpg
ppspoiler1.jpg
ppspoiler2.jpg

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Hey CompOrangeFanatic, notice any difference in how your 17 feels at higher speeds?
Which lodge do you belong to? I belong to 614. It was lodge 6 when I retired, but after merger lodges 6 and 14 were merged to become 614.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
Hey CompOrangeFanatic, notice any difference in how your 17 feels at higher speeds?
Which lodge do you belong to? I belong to 614. It was lodge 6 when I retired, but after merger lodges 6 and 14 were merged to become 614.
I can't say I noticed anything at high speeds with the spoiler, I did it for looks as I couldn't stand the small blade spoiler and was looking for factory style options. I don't belong to any lodge.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Does it use the same holes as the stock blade spoiler?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower

Cheers,
So the unusual & intricate underbelly you call "voids" is strictly cosmetic?
Curious
I'm no Aerodynamics phd but isn't "neutrality" the goal?
Sponsored