Sponsored

Add a spoiler to a performance pack mustang ecoboost with a spoiler delete?

moabu9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Ruby Red PP
There's a chance I'm going to purchase a 2018 mustang ecoboost with performance pack today. The deal they're giving is killer, the only problem is on this specific mustang it's ordered with a spoiler delete. Some people don't like the spoiler and some do, I'm in the group that loves it. With that said is there a way to have the dealer order one from Ford at no charge? I say this because it's suppose to come with it in the first place and they don't give any credit or anything on the price by taking if off. If I can't how else would I go about getting one.
Sponsored

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
At no charge? Highly doubtful. The dealer has to recoup that money somehow. Whether they work it into the deal or charge you for it as an added accessory. It's not like the manufacturer discounted the vehicle to the dealer for having a spoiler delete option. Keep in mind it's a 4-piece spoiler, that comes unpainted via the parts dept. The dealer still has to get it assembled, painted and then mounted to the trunk lid. I mean, come on... the body shop guys are going to want to get paid for their time too. :piggybank::)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Go after market.

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer is not going to loose a sale over a spoiler, just tell them your buying if they throw it in the deal otherwise your going to find the car you want on another lot. Smart business for them is to put it on the car or in the deal and get the sale out the door, cars sitting on the lot only cost money

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
I would guess the dealers cost on the spoiler is about $300, then body shop paint and install around $600 so if you have to pay for the whole thing, around $900. There’s your negotiating point. Maybe they will split the cost to make the sale?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I agree. I personally would order a spoiler delete myself because there are better looking aftermarket options compared to the factory spoiler.
Many aftermarket spoilers use factory mounting holes. If you want one of those spoilers, order the car WITH spoiler just to get the holes already drilled in the exact right spots. Trust me. I bought an aftermarket for my 2016 and even following the instructions to the infinite degree had to oblong the holes I drilled to perfectly align it.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Get the GT350 spoiler. It makes the most downforce, short of a wing, and looks great!