Sponsored

Performance Pack 1 price increase?

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Was the PP1 always 5k? I thought it was closer to 2k when I ordered my '19. I was goofing off on the Ford build your own page and came across the 5k price point. That's pretty steep.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's been like that since the 2019 model year, I believe. Maybe not the whole year, but at some point. I was baffled Ford didn't increase the price of the PP2 package, only like $1,200 over PP1, which already includes MagneRide. So a PP1 with MagneRide is actually more expensive than a PP2. I didn't want a PP2, but those who bought PP2s at those prices were the real winners :). Wonder if the PP2 package price is still $6,200. Makes no sense for PP1 to actually be more expensive, but maybe there's a lot more demand for it, and Ford wanted to screw us over. Ha ha.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It actually increased mid year 2020. I have an early 20 and the package was 3995. One of the reasons I scooped it up.
It was 3995.00 for my 19. Double check your window sticker.

Sponsored

Clover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory 5 1965 Shelby Daytona Replica in progress, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2017 Nissan Leaf(gasp)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, went up $1,200 and there were no changes as far as I am aware. Kind of sucks, I don't really feel it is worth $5K. I think they are trying to direct people to the PP2.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
After having a PP1 gt the last 5 yrs and remembering the noticeable difference from a non ppgt test drive I'd have to say I would still pay the doubling of price..

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
It actually increased mid year 2020. I have an early 20 and the package was 3995. One of the reasons I scooped it up.
This is correct. Over the last month or so I have looked at a lot of 2020's while searching for a car. Looking all over in surrounding states and using the search inventory feature on Ford's site. I did find a few that the package was listed at $3,995, but most were $5,195. I also found quite a few that either were "in transit", or "just arrived", those were all listed at $5,195, so sometime in the 2020 model production, the price was increased.

I agree with others, I don't think $5,195 is worth it. I actually ended up with a PP2 car because it was $390 cheaper then a similar equipped PP1 with magneride.

Doug

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
so sometime in the 2020 model production, the price was increased.
It was around 1/1/2020. Cars built in 2019 have the 4000 price, after the new year 5200. It wasn't worth 4 grand, asking 5 is beyond the pale.

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
After having a PP1 gt the last 5 yrs and remembering the noticeable difference from a non ppgt test drive I'd have to say I would still pay the doubling of price..
I’m not so sure it is worth it anymore. If you price out the parts i think it’s cheaper to not get it.

Ford Track Handling Pack - 1600
Performance Pack radiator - 500
Ford 6 Piston Calipers w rotor -1200 (can be had cheaper used)
Total - 3300

Now the only differences are differential and tires and wheels but the performance package wheels are heavy anyways so the 1900 left over can go to that. Now your regular GT brakes can be sold to ecoboost guys, maybe some of the suspension can be sold, the wheels and the old radiator can be sold to get some money back. Now you have a car with a track suspension which will handle better and if the money was applied to upgrading the wheels there will be some performance gains there and I would say it’ll be cheaper.

Of course this is based on doing all your own work and not paying a shop to do it. If someone doesn’t have the access to the tools or the time to do the work then yes the performance package is well worth it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the PP1 comes with Ford Performance's JOKE 'street handling pack' not the Race dampers. Not to mention the Bilstein+BMR083 is no less if not better than the Track kit for considerably less. The PP1 package at $2500 back in 2015-17 was an honest deal. $500 can buy you a much better radiator too. Budget for say $500 in labor for a shop. 19x10 square flow-formed can be found all day for $1000 from LMR and other sources.

Anyone with a modicum of brains knows you don't charge MSRP (or more) for parts installed on the factory line. But Ford bean counters are apparently one greedy bunch of SoB's.

Last edited:

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I’m not so sure it is worth it anymore. If you price out the parts i think it’s cheaper to not get it.

Ford Track Handling Pack - 1600
Performance Pack radiator - 500
Ford 6 Piston Calipers w rotor -1200 (can be had cheaper used)
Total - 3300

Now the only differences are differential and tires and wheels but the performance package wheels are heavy anyways so the 1900 left over can go to that. Now your regular GT brakes can be sold to ecoboost guys, maybe some of the suspension can be sold, the wheels and the old radiator can be sold to get some money back. Now you have a car with a track suspension which will handle better and if the money was applied to upgrading the wheels there will be some performance gains there and I would say it’ll be cheaper.

Of course this is based on doing all your own work and not paying a shop to do it. If someone doesn’t have the access to the tools or the time to do the work then yes the performance package is well worth it.
Forgot about the 3:73 gears (or 3:55 with auto), Torsen differential, strut towers brace, k-brace, gauge pack, and the spoiler. Those are all items I would want. Although I would say the track suspension is much better then the stock PP1 suspension.

Doug

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I guess when you look at everything you get, the PP1 package is still an ok deal, I just know for me the suspension and wheels/tires are a waste, I would replace it all anyway, but everything else I would want and it is much easier to have it installed then piece it all out separately and install it myself.

Doug

Clover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory 5 1965 Shelby Daytona Replica in progress, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2017 Nissan Leaf(gasp)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford won't sell you a new 3.73 separately. They did in the past but stopped to force people to buy the package. It is the only used part I am using on my build and it is because Ford wants to milk as much profit as possible out the Mustangs and nothing is better then expensive option packages. Annoys the heck out of me.
Sponsored