Performance calibration

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The only warranty you will lose by upgrading the intercooler, is the Ford intercooler warranty.
Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
The only warranty you will lose by upgrading the intercooler, is the Ford intercooler warranty.
Call 10 different dealerships and ask that exact thing. Wanna bet you get different responses? 😂

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
Yea that's not going to be put back on ever.:like:

BD

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Call 10 different dealerships and ask that exact thing. Wanna bet you get different responses? 😂
This is sad but so very true.

BD

Shotgunut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shotgunut
Vehicle(s)
17 4bang stang premium!
"With an intercooler"
Been thinking of buying a Convertible HPP (to update my personal 2010 Mustang) and adding the Ford Performance tune only. Guess, I'll just leave it 100% factory stock and enjoy it!?

Lol

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
That's why you stick to guns and threaten legal action. On something like a bigger intercooler, they might be able to slow things down a little, but the burden of proof is on them to show how it caused the problem. If properly installed, this is going to be one hell of a trick.

Get me in small claims court and I'll filet anyone they want to give me.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
That's why you stick to guns and threaten legal action. On something like a bigger intercooler, they might be able to slow things down a little, but the burden of proof is on them to show how it caused the problem. If properly installed, this is going to be one hell of a trick.

Get me in small claims court and I'll filet anyone they want to give me.
After being on car forums for years I don`t think I have ever seen a situation where a dealership had to prove anything. Usually they blame your aftermarket part (without proof) and then your only option is legal action.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
But, in court, they must prove it caused the problem. Good luck with that.

Big picture, though, you're right. Dealerships suck and the warranty process can be shitty. That's why I didn't get an extended warranty and modify my car exactly as I please. If it blows up, it blows up. I'd have Ringley building me an engine by the next morning.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I agree with both sides above and also why I have a good relationship with all upper management at my local dealer so as to hopefully avoid issues in the future should I need warranty work on my powertrain.

Plus, the fact that I am a retired ASE master certified tech, GM master certified of 40 years I know the systems as well if not better than most of the techs at the dealers and certainly the service manager. My specialty was Electonic controls, engine performance and emissions systems so I will definitely insist that they must prove to me that my added-on parts caused the issue. Nothing I have done so far changes how the PCM controls the powertrains operation or the ability of the PCM to interpret or modify inputs or outputs to prevent damage to the powertrain.

BD

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
But, in court, they must prove it caused the problem. Good luck with that.

Big picture, though, you're right. Dealerships suck and the warranty process can be shitty. That's why I didn't get an extended warranty and modify my car exactly as I please. If it blows up, it blows up. I'd have Ringley building me an engine by the next morning.
You are correct. But going to court takes time money and your car won`t be repaired in the mean time. Ford has a legal team that can drag it out months and its not even guaranteed you will win.

I actually bought a extended warranty decided to cancelled it. I want to mod my car eventually even before the warranty expires. But in my mind I want the risk to be worth it.

I think a intake, intercooler, downpipe (or headers on V8), cat back exhaust and tune might be worth the risk. But doing a intercooler alone isn't worth the risk in my opinion. That`s kind of my point.

Sponsored

Shotgunut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shotgunut
Vehicle(s)
17 4bang stang premium!
Not to cause a scene here, but I think its foolish to run a tune on a otherwise stock car.

Crazy to me people will jeopardize the 5 year powertrain warranty for 20hp and maybe better throttle response.
With all due respect, bye Felicia! You should probably stop trolling the 4banger thread. Just sayin, respectfully.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I think a intake, intercooler, downpipe (or headers on V8), cat back exhaust and tune might be worth the risk. But doing a intercooler alone isn't worth the risk in my opinion. That`s kind of my point.
Holy shit, dude, if I were you I don't know if I'd even risk driving the car.

I couldn't give a tinkers damn if my car shits its guts on the road. It's my car and I'll do with it as F'in please.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Holy shit, dude, if I were you I don't know if I'd even risk driving the car.

I couldn't give a tinkers damn if my car shits its guts on the road. It's my car and I'll do with it as F'in please.
Yea not all of us are rich buddy. At this point in my life having to fight ford and or pay for a costly repair just isn't worth it. So just accept that fact we all have different viewpoints, even if they sound stupid to you. Forums are great because we can hear and learn from other owners.

I am not afraid to drive the car because I have car insurance and health insurance. Yes it would be scary to drive the car without those things, but I guess everyone has there own risk tolerance.

Shotgunut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shotgunut
Vehicle(s)
17 4bang stang premium!
Yea not all of us are rich buddy. At this point in my life having to fight ford and or pay for a costly repair just isn't worth it. So just accept that fact we all have different viewpoints, even if they sound stupid to you. Forums are great because we can hear and learn from other owners.

I am not afraid to drive the car because I have car insurance and health insurance. Yes it would be scary to drive the car without those things, but I guess everyone has there own risk tolerance.
Studio_20220724_193130.png

OP
OP

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
and having gone through the legal action stuff (I work for a dealer, though not with cars), I can tell you firsthand that it will take you months-even years to get anything done. First off the local court system is backlogged for about 5 months as of right now. Second, Ford (and the dealer) will try to work with you, which takes months on it's own. Thirdly, the amount of money you will have to fork over to the attorney may very well end up costing you more than the actual repair itself, which is what happened on the last case I had to be involved with. Guy spent about $4500 in legal fees to fight a $3100 repair. And he lost the case. So if you add the legal fees to the repair costs, his little $3100 repair just became $7600.

Last thing to remember. The manufacturer and dealer both have a legal team that is pretty darn good. They know how to defend themselves, and that's all I'm going to say about it.

Not discouraging anyone here, just stating what I've seen in the last 31 years of mechanic'n. In those 31 years, twice I had to go to a court. That's 2 too many times.
Sponsored