v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 21 MACH 1
HI EVERYONE
I have been concerned about the oil consumption.
It's been stable so far, but it is high.
Then, I went to dealership and talked to the "master technician", which is not a shadow of a "master"; maybe not even a good technician.
He disconneted a double-edged hose and had access to the pcv valve, which he did not take it out for some reason.
I was along with him asking why; he DID NOT EXPLAIN WHY.
But I could notice that he did try to take it out but pretended he did not with the excuse "not necessary".
And the PCV valve was left loose.
He blew inside it with his mouth (YES, HE DID THAT) and said it was all right.
I was expecting him to really take it out and test it, by shaking it and hearing the sphere up and down.
Then he put on the double hose again.
The minute I left the dealership, I noticed the car running not as sharply and quickly as it used to be.
THE THING THAT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION WAS THIS: the PCV was kind of loose.
Now, I ask you: MAYBE IS THAT THE REASON THE CAR IS DIFFERENT?
I cannot think otherwise.
Probably some air escaping?
I am very annoyed by that situation...car was flying like a rocket.
Now at aroung 2kRPM I feel some hesitation; not a immediate answer like before.
Mainly with high gears.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The PCV valves on these cars (and F-150s) are crap, so I'd replace it, especially if your engine is consuming oil. You can blow by them even when bad, since the issue with them is they don't close, so oil vapors go to the intake when they shouldn't. They make noise at idle when bad. The one on my Bullitt was bad with only 66 miles, so I just ordered 2, replaced it, and kept the other as spare, which I plan to change again every 2 years or so, as preventative maintenance. I'd do that first, but doubt it's the cause of your issues. Good luck.

OP
OP

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
The PCV valves on these cars (and F-150s) are crap, so I'd replace it, especially if your engine is consuming oil. You can blow by them even when bad, since the issue with them is they don't close, so oil vapors go to the intake when they shouldn't. They make noise at idle when bad. The one on my Bullitt was bad with only 66 miles, so I just ordered 2, replaced it, and kept the other as spare, which I plan to change again every 2 years or so, as preventative maintenance. I'd do that first, but doubt it's the cause of your issues. Good luck.
Idle is all right, no noise.
Thank you for the tips

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Here's an important note in the manual. If the tech removed the PCV valve, the the locking mechanism might have been damaged and it's now not tight and sealing well. Manual says to install a new PCV valve if the old one is removed.

I would go back to the dealership and point this out and have them install a new PCV valve for free.

Installation
NOTICE:
A new PCV valve must be installed if removed. Damage will occur to the locking mechanism on the PCV valve.

2015 Mustang PCV Valve Remove and Install.jpg

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I recommend installing a new valve just to be safe, I did that on my car, and even though the car had an October 2019 build date, I still had the old valve. The difference being that the new one has four smaller ports instead of one large one. It's like $9 and so easy to swap anyone can do it.

I didn't have super high oil consumption before swapping it, but after I did I noticed that it decreased significantly.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Cannot help your oil consumption problem, but I run a passenger side breather filter with the check valve (spring/plunger bolt) removed. Been running it for over 11k miles. Zero oil messes and no issues.

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
Did you replace them with an after market one or oem one? I'm like you I do not wait for them to go bad and I replace them every couple years as PM. I saw you said the ones they come with are crap so curious with what you went with. Thanks

OP
OP

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
Did you replace them with an after market one or oem one? I'm like you I do not wait for them to go bad and I replace them every couple years as PM. I saw you said the ones they come with are crap so curious with what you went with. Thanks
Hello.
I did replace it. Oil consumption decreased 35% so far, I mean after 2k miles,.
The curious part is this: It is decreasing more and more.
But after PCV valve replacement, performance got a tiny bit lower than before AND NOW IS IT RETURNING TO WHAT IS WAS before. I have no explanation for it.
Right after replacement, I did regret it, for my car went a bit slower.
Regards
Adelmar
PS - The new PCV valve is OEM original to the bone

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
Hello.
I did replace it. Oil consumption decreased 35% so far, I mean after 2k miles,.
The curious part is this: It is decreasing more and more.
But after PCV valve replacement, performance got a tiny bit lower than before AND NOW IS IT RETURNING TO WHAT IS WAS before. I have no explanation for it.
Right after replacement, I did regret it, for my car went a bit slower.
Regards
Adelmar
PS - The new PCV valve is OEM original to the bone
Thank you
Sponsored