• Total voters

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2018 Mustang GT PP MT82 with magnaride. At the moment all stock except for a resonator delete and a Steeda Tri Ax. My plan is to get the JLT intake and Ngauge bundle with a custom tune included. My car is now parked for the winter months as I live in Pittsburgh. So one reason I'm leaning towards PBD is they have 6 months revision standard and Lund only has 3 and is $50 for 3 extra months after the first 3 months runs out. The revision term wouldn't be a big deal usually but in this circumstance I probably wont be able to test the car until april or may. Also I'm planning on long tube headers over the winter months and that would be free while in the revision term. I've got quotes from both companies and they are about the exact same price. I'm planning on a E85 dedicated tune, a 93 octane tune and also a flex fuel tune as E85 is spotty in my area. So input would be appreciated. Pros cons, personal experience etc. I hear good things about both companies and price is very close so that isn't a factor . Thank you
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I'm pro E85 even though I have to drive approx 16 miles to get it. I have several metal 5 gallon jerry cans I fill at the same time and store at home till needed, luckily my tuned '18 GT isn't a daily. So don't let availability issues keep you away from an E85 tune if your GT isn't your daily. With that said, from what I've heard and have been told by people who have both tuners tunes, they are both pretty much identical as far as power made on the dyno, Lund's tuning for the A10 is a bit harsher, hits harder during shifts, and PBD is a bit smoother. I don't use either tuner, but I have a fully revised and data logged E85 tune w/JLT 120 mm intake and Pype's catless lt's and I'll tell ya, you won't squeeze out much more power on 93, you'll want the E85 for a noticeable change in power, I haven't used my 93 tune since last summer, and I'm currently in the same boat as you with nearing the end of the use of my car with the possibility of snow flying/salt on the roads in the near future. I voted for PBD in your poll based on conversations with owners who run both tunes you are seeking info about....or put another way, if I had to choose over again, I'd go with a PBD tune personally....I'd also go with an ngauge over the BDX SCT tuner mainly for the alcohol % readings that tuning device has to offer that the SCT device does not, which I did not know about last Spring when I made my choice. Hope that helps.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Skip the JLT intake, just get a drop in filter.

Pick Lund or PBT. Both will yield good results.

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Currently tuned by Lund on my 2018. 93 tune did not feel like it made much of a difference, E85 is where there was a big difference.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Can't go wrong with either or. I've been e85, Flex, 93 tuned with Lund on my 18 since 5000 miles. I basically drive with the e85 tune all the time, with filling up with 93 every once in a while to flush the system. I hate it when i run 93 after running e85 for a long period. The car feels like a turd without it. No issues and it took all of two revisions to get me dialed in the way we wanted it.

Skip the JLT and just get a drop in filter. Unless you are chasing dyno numbers with your hood open you won't really notice a difference except higher IATs 95% of the time....

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Currently tuned by Lund on my 2018. 93 tune did not feel like it made much of a difference, E85 is where there was a big difference.
Both my PBD 93 and E85 made a huge difference.

I could not be happier with my PBD tunes but it took a few revisions to get it exactly how I want it , and setting up the nguage for datalogging was a pain. I did mine a year ago though.

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
can't vote because i haven't used either, i did however get a deal on a jlt intake to which i do plan to use once i make a decision on who to go with. i've emailed lund multiple times with no response, pbd on the other hand has replied next day. seen videos etc... of both and seems to be close but customer service is a big issue to me nowadays because to many companies are just there for the sale and no support after. keep us updated as i really want to hear from more people who've done either company to see how the car responded to said tuning....mines a 19 GT 10sp auto PP1 car.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
can't vote because i haven't used either, i did however get a deal on a jlt intake to which i do plan to use once i make a decision on who to go with. i've emailed lund multiple times with no response, pbd on the other hand has replied next day. seen videos etc... of both and seems to be close but customer service is a big issue to me nowadays because to many companies are just there for the sale and no support after. keep us updated as i really want to hear from more people who've done either company to see how the car responded to said tuning....mines a 19 GT 10sp auto PP1 car.
wow, Ive had over 55 emails back and forth with Lund, 44 on one and 11 on my newest to turn off the misfire logic for the n2mb. ive never waited longer then the next morning unless its a weekend or holiday. even now they are waiting on me and half the team is gone for world cup i believe. Even before i got the tune and was sending general questions they were right on it.

E85 is where its at. i have a 91 tune, flex and e85r and its been on the e85r unless i travel then im on flex. i havent loaded a pump tune but once for the ghost cam, the flex will take care of what ever you put in there, pump, e10, e30, e50,e85 what ever

5had0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP M6
Either.

I’ve actually read PBD is more aggressive then Lund for shift strategy. I’d just go with the company that gives you better customer service.

Currently running a PBD tune. Definitely noticed a difference. Won’t say anything negative, but from what I’ve read here Lund seems more approachable as a customer. I’m picky and know what I want though, so perhaps I’m no easy customer either.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
wow, Ive had over 55 emails back and forth with Lund, 44 on one and 11 on my newest to turn off the misfire logic for the n2mb. ive never waited longer then the next morning unless its a weekend or holiday. even now they are waiting on me and half the team is gone for world cup i believe. Even before i got the tune and was sending general questions they were right on it.

E85 is where its at. i have a 91 tune, flex and e85r and its been on the e85r unless i travel then im on flex. i havent loaded a pump tune but once for the ghost cam, the flex will take care of what ever you put in there, pump, e10, e30, e50,e85 what ever
I've had the same experience as you. Lund always responds right away. I had a bunch of questions about my initial tuning and got multiple responses same day as I kept asking questions. If I sent a data log to them on the weekend I got a tune revision or response first thing monday morning. Then when I tossed the idea of going tt around I had 3 days worth of solid back and forth conversations to discuss options. Their customer service was top notch.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Plus we dont have e85 in Az only e54 and they were able to give me a e54r tune to go along with my flex tune. I run the e54r tune all day every day. Its addicting to feel the timing kick in so early!

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
So I had lund on my 2015 and wasn't very impressed with my "race" tune. I was getting a decent timing bump, but the car didn't really make more power. But a friend of mine with the exact same car pretty much. Fbo, GT350 manis etc. Him on his 93 tune was just as fast as my race gas tune. Both tuned by lund too, but different tuners. From what I understand the guy who tuned my car is no longer there. There was other issues with lund as well.

On my 2018, I went with PBD. Set out with a pmas, ported mani, 93 and race gas tune. I had a decent bump in Power since I had multiple mods done at once. Finalized 93 tune was fantastic. Then we worked on my race gas tune which is actually a boostane setup, and my blend ended up being two cans per full tank, which should be about 103 octane. It really came alive and made plenty of power.

So a race gas tune could be an option for you.

So later down the road, I install headers and want to switch to E85. Pay for my fuel change and start working on revisions. We get on the 5th revision and I'm fed up. Making the same power as the my 93 tune, based on maf flow. Finally reached out to the owner because I was about switch to a different tuner. 1 tune later and the car is fantastic. So I'm happy with PBD again.

So in short, experiences may vary and both companies do good work. I don't think you can wrong with either. You could also reach out to AED.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Plus we dont have e85 in Az only e54 and they were able to give me a e54r tune to go along with my flex tune. I run the e54r tune all day every day. Its addicting to feel the timing kick in so early!
That's wierd b/c here in California our E85 regularly measures 89-90% EtOH.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE