WHO'S BETTER LUND OR PALM BEACH DYNO?

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I am super impressed with Lund. They banged out my final tune over 3 revisions in about an hour. Every time i sent the datalogs they had the next one back to me in about 15 minutes. Car is running great
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
All flextunes are hard starting.
This is not true. I wrote my own flex tune by copying a F150 tune and mine starts easily down to 25 degrees or so. At temps lower than that it is not the tune it is the fuel.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Agree ..........Mine was written by Livernois for the '20 HEP and I never had an issue. They nailed it the first time.

SSR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Anyone knows who do remote tuning in a hi altitude city something like Boulder Colorado?

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
I have a remote dyno PBD tune. I asked for a safe tune I can beat on since I'm on 91, it appears I did get that. The ignition timing is conservative as expected but cam angles don't look optimized. The tune was a remote dyno tune on the U cal. They sent a base map, shop put a few miles on the car, strapped it down for pulls and did 2-3 revisions.

since my car is totally stock fuel system wise it starts and drives fine as expected. I AM having a driveability issue where the car will cut power in second if I get on it hard even with advance trac off. I haven't caught it in a log yet. I can't even log some of what I want to see on the Ucal. HPT is far superior in that regard. So I would def do RTD over ucal or any other device.

I emailed PBD about the problem saying the car cut power with advance trac off, asked if there was a clutch protection or torque management table they could take a second look at. I was sent a new file within 48 hours to try. Haven't gotten around to trying it yet, so no idea if it's fixed.

Honestly I'm most disappointed with the Ucal device. The on screen real time parameters are hard to see. The computer interface is super weird and I had trouble getting it to work. I had to figure out it was a livernois tuner and ended up finding a random post on a ford ranger forum about having to change a setting in my router. Livernois Tuning released | Page 38 | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com very bizarre process.

RTD with the app is super slick, can do everything from your phone or laptop. and hpt can log way more parameters. Even PBD asked the shop to log it with HPT.

So regardless of who you go with.... I'd advocate for an HPT RTD device.
Sponsored