Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
That is the V7 oil fed
Wow, that's a really smoking deal then. Probably the one I'll end up going with when I'm ready. Less maintenance ftw.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
So what is the best performance achievable with a 2200 or V7 JT-trim with a max of 93octane fuel and will it require more than a BAP to run safe? If not, do you need a bigger pump and along with that a return style fuel system?
At this point my thoughts are....
A 2200 or V7 JT with helical gears, engine oiled and 8rib. I.D 1050 injectors, JMS bap.
Now the BV57? Do I need to have one that makes lots of noise? Is it something i need to put up with to keep surging at bay? Could I just use two of the smaller valves and plumb back to airbox(or other filter/noise damping setup)?
Lastly, even though I'll likely try the torque booster setup should I be thinking about these larger blowers at all if I'm not going to run E85?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So what is the best performance achievable with a 2200 or V7 JT-trim with a max of 93octane fuel and will it require more than a BAP to run safe? If not, do you need a bigger pump and along with that a return style fuel system?
A 2200 or V7 JT with helical gears, engine oiled and 8rib. I.D 1050 injectors, JMS bap.
Now the BV57? Do I need to have one that makes lots of noise? Is it something i need to put up with to keep surging at bay? Could I just use two of the smaller valves and plumb back to airbox(or other filter/noise damping setup)?
Lastly, even though I'll likely try the torque booster setup should I be thinking about these larger blowers at all if I'm not going to run E85?
You could just buy my Whipple.... just saying...

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
You could just buy my Whipple.... just saying...
you want to sell it already?? Actually, I want to use a centrifugal this time simply because I've done all the other stuff before. I just want to try it.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
you want to sell it already?? Actually, I want to use a centrifugal this time simply because I've done all the other stuff before. I just want to try it.
Yeah, I need something that’ll turn the tyres easier. Whipple is fast, just not brutal enough for what I’m trying to do.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I need something that’ll turn the tyres easier. Whipple is fast, just not brutal enough for what I’m trying to do.
So you want to go the Turbo route?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So you want to go the Turbo route?
Edelbrock. The torque curve is more abrupt. Hits harder earlier, making the Coyote feel a lot more like the torquey V8’s we grew up with.

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, if that's true. I've even thought of fitting my '08 3Valve V10:crazy:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Luce202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luce
Vehicle(s)
2015 fbo/paxton auto, 2015 fbo stick.
Late to the party. I was in the same boat last year. Ended up going with a 2200sl kit from beef with 1050x, bap, maxflo race bov (also full bolt ons). I started out with the 3.8 pulley. Got the jlt cold air and picked up a lb of boost. Then after having the set up for about 8 months I got beefs torque booster wastegate setup. If I was to do it over I would have done the intake and wastegate from the start. Makes a huge difference for me as I don’t do much racing, just making a pull here and there to put a smile on my face. The very noticeable increase in torque from the wastegate set up makes it so much more fun. I’ve even put in the 7lb spring just to see what the lower boost feels like, and it’s still a blast to drive. Whatever you go with, I’ll echo what everyone else says and say go through beef, he’s a wealth of knowledge and just a good dude in general.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Chris, does the noise from the BV give you the shits?

On the basic theory with centrifugals...is there a benefit to staying with say the smaller V3 over the V7-JT/2200 if you arent going anymore than the 6-700 whp(seems to be it for 93 from what I've seen?).
Will impeller speed and/or charge temp become an issue with the smaller one higher in the rev range and conversely, will the smaller one boost earlier and improve the bottom end?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Thanks Chris, does the noise from the BV give you the shits?

On the basic theory with centrifugals...is there a benefit to staying with say the smaller V3 over the V7-JT/2200 if you arent going anymore than the 6-700 whp(seems to be it for 93 from what I've seen?).
Will impeller speed and/or charge temp become an issue with the smaller one higher in the rev range and conversely, will the smaller one boost earlier and improve the bottom end?
I would not bother going with the vortech race valve because the additional flow is minimal and it is very noisy. I would highly recommend the BV57 because it flows a ton more and is very quiet under cruise. the stock BOV in the kit will have an annoying whistle sound at light throttle. I would also do the 8rib and oil fed unit to give you more headroom because goals change quickly. If you have any intention of doing E85 skip the BAP and go straight for a return style fuel system. If going E85 just skip the torque booster and run the 3.48 all the time. the most important think is be honest with yourself about your future goals because it is much cheaper to do it right the first time. I also highly recommend beefcake as well.

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Bo,
Well I'm certainly not the type to go cheap straight off the bat but, I may have more pressing problems now. Sounds like the engine has a tick/rattle at light load or on the overrun when stationary:frown: It's been there awhile and coincided with the cat back exhaust so I thought it was maybe an exhaust leak, but not so sure now.

Luce202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luce
Vehicle(s)
2015 fbo/paxton auto, 2015 fbo stick.
Thanks Bo,
Well I'm certainly not the type to go cheap straight off the bat but, I may have more pressing problems now. Sounds like the engine has a tick/rattle at light load or on the overrun when stationary:frown: It's been there awhile and coincided with the cat back exhaust so I thought it was maybe an exhaust leak, but not so sure now.
To answer your question about the vortech race bov, it is super loud....but that's why I got it. I think the noise sounds cool and I'm not planning on going over mid 600s with the car so a larger bov like the bv57 wasn't a necessity for me, plus the 57 is much quieter like kcc mentioned which wasn't what I was looking for. As far as the 8 rib goes with the 2200sl, it's a debate for the ages. Some have slip issues and others don't. I'm running the 3.33 pulley with my wastegate and a green belt and have no slip issues whatsoever. And before everyone freaks out and says I'm overspinning the blower, I shift at 7000 rpm which is still below this blowers rpm max. I'll include an excel file I made to calculate blower speed if anyone's interested. The calculators I found online had the incorrect step up ratio for the 2200sl so I made my own. Just enter your values in the boxes for balancer diameter, pulley size, and blower step up ratio and the file will populate on it's own.

As for the tick/rattle that occured after your exhaust install, if it's an engine tick then that's one thing. However if it's more of a rattle/buzz then you're probably having some contact between exhaust and another component...likely body. I would datalog and look at your knock values. Then get under the car and look for any place the exhaust might be making contact. Remember that under load the engine twists slightly and the exhaust components on the drivers side will move upward towards body, the passenger side moves down. Once everything is corrected and looks good, see if the noise is still there. If no longer present, data log again and if your knock values are lower than before you'll know it was that for sure.

Anyone feel free to chime in if I'm wrong about anything, everyone's here to help eachother and learn.

edit: forgot, as for your question about different blower sizes, that's a little over my head. I just went with the 2200sl because both beef and lund recommended it for my goals.

Attachments

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Wow, that's a really smoking deal then. Probably the one I'll end up going with when I'm ready. Less maintenance ftw.
let me know, we can set you up with a nice forum speical

all of the blowers will be maxed by fuel on 93, if 93 is all you have, stick with one of the sl units
Sponsored