Sponsored

On3 gen 2 or Vortech/Paxton

BiggiE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT
I’m planning on buying either a Paxton\Vortech kit from BeefCake or the new On3 kit here in the next couple weeks. Anyone have any real world experience with either? I would love to do a VMP or Hellion kit but that’s a little out of my budget for this project.
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I dont have either but for ease id say paxton.. if you can get custom work and fitment done on3 should be good.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Paxton that I bought from Beefcake and I love it. Haven't had twin turbskis before so I can't say much but I do know all the people that have bought them wouldn't go to anything else.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I like the price of the on3 kit but the durability concerns me. I think it is better to spend the money up front and do it right vs doing it twice. I run the Paxton kit on my car and it runs great but I am maxing it out. If your goals are about 700 RWHP I would go with a JT trim to give yourself room for growth. If I were to make the purchase again I would go with a whipple or twin turbo.If your car is an auto you will be better off with the whipple since it will still run good on stock stall. What are your goals and remember they will grow.

Sponsored

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
I like the price of the on3 kit but the durability concerns me. I think it is better to spend the money up front and do it right vs doing it twice. I run the Paxton kit on my car and it runs great but I am maxing it out. If your goals are about 700 RWHP I would go with a JT trim to give yourself room for growth. If I were to make the purchase again I would go with a whipple or twin turbo.If your car is an auto you will be better off with the whipple since it will still run good on stock stall. What are your goals and remember they will grow.
You're maxing out a paxton? Doesn't the paxton come with a 2200sl? Which is the same as a v3 jt?? I'm confused. That blower has plenty more than 700whp in it

OP
OP
BiggiE

BiggiE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT
Looking to make 700hp, figure that will keep me happy for a bit. Had a 750hp Terminator before this. I’m looking to buy a kit that will let me grow a bit. I think the wife is getting over the sticker shock of the Hellion kit so that could be an option soon.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I.had an on3 single T70 kit on my foxbody. Quality was really good. I would imagine the same can be said for the coyote kits. I'm going with paxton or procharged for simplicity sake. 650whp is my goal.

Mike5876

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue GT 1194 RWHP
car

Fifth Hellion car for me....the on3 kit is total garbage compared to the quality of everything about the Hellion kit.....fitment, turbo quality, weld, instructions

Do yourself a favor talk the wife into the Hellion kit

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Hellion makes great stuff but no reason in hell why thier kit or any other kit is almost $9k. Really no reason why blowers are $6k either.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
You're maxing out a paxton? Doesn't the paxton come with a 2200sl? Which is the same as a v3 jt?? I'm confused. That blower has plenty more than 700whp in it
The 2200SL is at its limit on a s550 around 800RWHP. There are people over spinning them but there are a bunch of threads where people had them die with only a 3.48 pulley. At 8000 RPM you are actually overspinning it with the 3.6 pulley. If your goals are 700 RWHP at the beginning do yourself a favor and go JT, 2200HD or JTB. Much cheaper to buy it upfront.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Like mentioned the 2200SL will not survive anything less than a 3.6 pulley if revving over 7700rpm... Its not if its when it will fail.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
700 is attainable with the Paxton on the wagon wheel pulley. Youll be comfortably above that number with the 3.6 tho

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
700 is attainable with the Paxton on the wagon wheel pulley. Youll be comfortably above that number with the 3.6 tho
So you are saying the Paxton will be above 700 RWHP on the 3.8 pulley? Are you talking on E85 or race gas? I have this kit on my car with the same tuner you have and a 3.48 pulley and I can tell you at 800 RWP it is about maxed out without overspinning it.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I’m planning on buying either a Paxton\Vortech kit from BeefCake or the new On3 kit here in the next couple weeks. Anyone have any real world experience with either? I would love to do a VMP or Hellion kit but that’s a little out of my budget for this project.
I think you should buy this kit and give us all the details on how it performs and how bad the install is.
Sponsored