Sponsored

Paxton or Vortech questions

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking about one of these kits and I have some basic questions that I'm sure you guys know.
Can they be used with a GT350 Intake manifold including the GT350 airbox?
What are the HP/torque limits of the factory engine?
I'm was considering buying the necessary parts for torque boosting right off the bat. Does this result in calibration issues in any form?
I suspect the stock clutch will need to go?
Is the Novi 2200HD the same as the SL with helical gears but with engine oil lubrication?
thanks.
Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Can they be used with a GT350 Intake manifold including the GT350 airbox? Yes can be used with GT350 IM. I am assuming airbox as well.. may need to do a little modification.

What are the HP/torque limits of the factory engine? 600-650 WHP seems to be the safe bet.. theres people out there running 800+whp with no issues but theres also people running 500WHP who have destroyed their blocks. I run 730 WHP on 93 with no issues.

I'm was considering buying the necessary parts for torque boosting right off the bat. Does this result in calibration issues in any form? No. Tuner can accommodate accordingly.

I suspect the stock clutch will need to go? If you are a decent driver and plan on driving on the street, you can use your stock clutch for pretty long. I put 25,000KM on my stock clutch and it was still fine, only reason I changed it is because I'm going to the track for the first time next month.

Is the Novi 2200HD the same as the SL with helical gears but with engine oil lubrication? Yes that is correct from what i know

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks smann,
Are those hp figures measured on a Dynojet? Those inertia dyno's aren't very common here in Australia so I'll see a smaller numbers, but the same performance or course. Our 98 fuel is the same as your 93 too.
Yeah I can drive good. I can make the clutch live.
I think I'd rather plumb engine oil into it too.
Do you get any belt slip?

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When you use the GT350IM with a paxton kit, you can't use the included paxton spacer if you're already using a spacer for a throttle body adapter. We just used the throttle body spacer i already had on, and it went on just fine. I believe the vacuum line routing was a tad different than the instructions showed though, so be aware of that.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
gt350 mani can def be used, works well, depending on the rpm range your looking for. typically intake is one of the last things i would do, that money could be put towards an e85 fuel system and make much more power

feel free to hit me with any questiosn, have 9 s550 kits in stock

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If your willing to do a oil pump gear and timing sprocket. My research seamed to lean toward anything under 800whp is relatively safe. I haven't heard of alot of failures below this number. Provided your tuner is legit. As far as intakes. If you already have the gt350. That's a good one. But if your buying in the future? Id go 18GT. You get 90% of the gt350s performance. For about 1/3 of the cost.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Pete, the clutch might survive. Maybe.
The reality is that if you’re making enough torque and enough grip, it’s gonna slip. Period. That has absolutely zero to do with the driver and everything to do with simple physics.
Mine was fine for several months until I added a new tune and pushed the power up another 10% across the board. Shat itself within a fortnight. I was still able to drive it but it was slipping pretty badly.
Another Aussie had much the same scenario with his Harrop. 12 months on the warranty tune, swapped out the tune, upped the boost, clutch gave up almost instantly.
The guys at Northmead have given up trying to use the stock clutch behind their Edelbrock combos...

As to horsepower, if you’re sticking with our 98 RON, you’ll probably struggle to find the limit of the engine unless your tuner dials too much timing into it. I’m spinning the Whipple to 8k regularly enough (OPG/CS done) without issues. 530rwkw/710rwhp (Not sure what that is in US speak)
Have you decided on a tuner yet?

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Lads,
I already have the complete GT350 setup(including T-body jlstro3) and 1 3/4" ARH headers that I have yet to fit. I bought the gear when the '18 didn't exist so....

I was leaning toward you guys at Beefcake for the kit anyway but I won't do E85 and the Intake was to see how far I can go normally aspirated and not throw the bottom end away with a short runner intake.

Yes Blue beast I will get oil pump gears and sprocket as a matter of course really. I'll probably spring for a top notch balancer too like an ATI or Innovators west.

Yeah Burkey I reckon the clutch might not last long but the centrifugals also don't have the low end punch of a PD. Still If I miss a shift and bang it in a higher rpm it will still fuck it. Shame they don't come with the twin plate from a GS/GT or the 6060 they had for that matter. I better get a Barton shifter too.
I've got an N-gauge and Barry(BPT) and i will tune it ourselves.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I got the Beefcake Special Paxton Stage 2 kit, 2200SL headunit. Comes with the BV57 BOV (definitely recommend) and 3.6" pulley. I'm set up with a custom tune and run pump gas only. Runs like a raped ape and has been faultlessly reliable in the first year since I've self installed it. Only engine mods are billet OPG and crank sprocket.

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Tim,
Good to know.
So there's better Blow off Valves.
You don't think you need an 8rib setup?

Sponsored
OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at this pic it looks like you'd have to butcher the stock or GT350 airbox?
paxton-supercharger-2200sl-complete-kit-2015-mustang-5-0-black-finish-16.gif

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also is there any benefit to the black coating in terms of heat?

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Btw Beefcake man, Do you even ship to Australia?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang