Sponsored

Paxton 2200SL Continued issues

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
OK.. So I have been having issues with compressor surge with my paxton and its driving me nuts. I got this installed by a shop which I don't want to use anymore because I am sick and tired of the shit I'm coming across now that I'm trying to fix things myself.

First.. I can't even check my fucking oil level of the 2200SL Becuase the dipstick IS SO DAMN TIGHT!

It is over tightend like crazy and i have no clue what to do. It looks like the screws are also partly rounded off and the 3/16 allen key is loosey goosey in the screw.. I started having my fluttering issues POST my first oil change done by the shop.

What could it possibly be? My BOV opens only AFTER 4500 rpm. Anything before that it stays shut, whether its light throttle or hard throttle.

Need some input here because I'm loosing my mind.

I also found some oil residue in the CAI because of all the compressor surge. Mind you, this does not affect the drive-ability but I would like the supercharger to last. I do not not have a catch can but it is coming in next week.

Need some help.. What could cause this? I adjusted the BOV screw and jam nut, checked vaccum..?

Can the oil level of the blower have any effects on surging? Could it be tune related? I only been driving the car about 1 month or so since its been supercharged. Last year I drove it for about 1 month as well because it was winter in Canada so I had to store it.

I do not have a reverse vacuum tool and the shop I took it to told me "oh everything looks ok, we don't have the tool to check reverse vacuum so your on your own" lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
BV57. I adjusted it and tried both increasing and decreasing vacuum.. No change.

Last edited:

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The BOV should work and sound very similar to this when revved etc, if not then the vacuum lines are ran wrong or something. Guarantee they fubared something with the lines.. Another thing did they remove the shipping PLUG and install the correct VENTED plug? It should be round, Post a pic of the top of your blower showing that and the dip stick, if its a flat plug thats the shipping one!
[ame]

Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
What size line are you using for vacuum reference? Bv57 requires at least -4an or larger line. Anything smaller and you will have those issues.

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
It sounds like a vacuum line issue. I use VIBRANT vacuum line.. I forgot which one but its bigger than the -4an line.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
bv57 is more than adequate. good for well into 4 digit numbers. make sure your using the right size vacuum line
Sponsored