Parts Backordered?

C.J.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JIA
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Shelby GT350, 2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
My car has been in the shop for months due to "National Parts Backordered". The shop said that the parts are not in stock at dealership and they need to order directly from Ford. The ETA got slipped several times and seems it takes forever to get the parts. Wondering if others are also in the same situation.
Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Just had my tranny worked on. No delay on anything. What parts are they waiting on?...

Last edited:

italman1285

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Everything is on backorder right now. I just got my car back today after exactly 5 months. Transmission was replaced hella fast but the driveshaft was on backorder so it sat for over a month. When that came in, it was damaged so they had to wait for another one. 3 weeks later it finally got there. Then the differential needed parts and it sat for nearly a month and a half again waiting for pinion bearings. Not the dealerships fault as every industry is getting hit by fucked up supply chains because of COVID but it's definitely frustrating. The only thing that kept me sane was the fact that this kind of stuff is happening everywhere.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Everything is on backorder right now. I just got my car back today after exactly 5 months. Transmission was replaced hella fast but the driveshaft was on backorder so it sat for over a month. When that came in, it was damaged so they had to wait for another one. 3 weeks later it finally got there. Then the differential needed parts and it sat for nearly a month and a half again waiting for pinion bearings. Not the dealerships fault as every industry is getting hit by fucked up supply chains because of COVID but it's definitely frustrating. The only thing that kept me sane was the fact that this kind of stuff is happening everywhere.

Yea, it's a mess every where with just about anything that's manufactured.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, it's a mess every where with just about anything that's manufactured.
Yep. We manufacture belts and the easiest things you wouldnā€™t think would be a problem are. I canā€™t get thread, glue, plastic hangtags, snaps, etc. And the most important thing to make the belts of course is leather and the tanneries are having a hard time finding cowhides these days.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Waiting on some parts for getting my panels adjusted. So I don't want to get my PPF done until that is all done.
Had this car 7 weeks now and have only put on 300 miles!

BTW, I ordered a rear case (trunk) for my Yamaha FJR1300ES back in December. Still nothing!!

Sponsored

KENS550TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 350 / '22 Bronco
Been waiting on a rear valence for over 2 months. The estimated time is now 5/27. At least it's not sitting and I am able to drive it. Good luck everyone!!!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Waiting on some parts for getting my panels adjusted. So I don't want to get my PPF done until that is all done.
Curious what parts are needed for the panel adjustment.
I havenā€™t done mine yet and understand no ā€œpartsā€ are needed. Just loosen bolts, adjust then retighten.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yep. We manufacture belts and the easiest things you wouldnā€™t think would be a problem are. I canā€™t get thread, glue, plastic hangtags, snaps, etc. And the most important thing to make the belts of course is leather and the tanneries are having a hard time finding cowhides these days.
Took me about 30 seconds of wondering why I didn't realize that belts used leather.....and I figured out you aren't talking about accessory belts for cars...

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Took me about 30 seconds of wondering why I didn't realize that belts used leather.....and I figured out you aren't talking about accessory belts for cars...
Not enough coffee yet either? I definitely spent a bit more time thinking about it than i'd like to admit
Sponsored