Sponsored

Where to order stock pads? My dealer is backordered

TheKosherStogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2
Tried searching the forum. My local dealer said they are back ordered. Any sponsors carry them? Or know anywhere that can ship them?
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I'm in the SF Bay Area.

Tried to order some last week from a local dealer who also said they were back-ordered. They did say a dealer in Irvine had a set, but that shipping it would be cost prohibitive. I did not try getting the Irvine dealer's name to call them directly.

I then tried Lethal Performance, and they were able to find a set for me, but I haven't received it yet. I'm hoping it arrives soon because I need to get them installed for a track day on October 14th.

-T

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I better order a set. I went through a set in a 3 day weekend. Daytona in December!

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Are you finding fronts need replacement or front and back?

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Not much help to those looking for pads at the moment, but, having worked through several sets, I've noticed that the metal wear bar represents about 40%-50% of the actual pad thickness. The front pads particularly are relatively thin, and the bar is located at the end which is beveled and fairly shallow to begin with. Not that you want to run these pads down to the backing plates, and they do wear relatively fast, but keep in mind that the wear indicators do not indicate an immediate need to replace pads. Of course, all bets are off for track duty.

I've now replaced two front sets at 50% because of the damn indicator. And, once you have the fronts out, and you're at the track, what the hell . . .

OP
OP

TheKosherStogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2
I'm in the SF Bay Area.

Tried to order some last week from a local dealer who also said they were back-ordered. They did say a dealer in Irvine had a set, but that shipping it would be cost prohibitive. I did not try getting the Irvine dealer's name to call them directly.

I then tried Lethal Performance, and they were able to find a set for me, but I haven't received it yet. I'm hoping it arrives soon because I need to get them installed for a track day on October 14th.

-T
Been talking to that Irvine dealer. They are looking for them but can’t find them. So they’re habing some guys get back to me in the morning

Rusmarti

rusmarti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Ruby Red, Blk Roof, no stripes
I purchased mine from the following supplier. Note that it's an east coast location. They say the pads will ship within 1-3 business days. Mine shipped right away. If you are not successful finding a source closer to home, you might consider calling these guys direct to see if they can get you what you need in advance of your track day.

https://www.oemfordpart.com/

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Tried searching the forum. My local dealer said they are back ordered. Any sponsors carry them? Or know anywhere that can ship them?

What type of driving are you doing ? Any track days or autocross or is it all street driving ?

I went with Gloc-Gs-1 for a street pad from [MENTION=22413]Optimum Performance[/MENTION]. They have the added benefit of much much less dust than stock pads by a huge margin.

Check them out, they are still plenty for the street

http://www.opmustang.com/

They have other compounds that are great for the track as well.

OP
OP

TheKosherStogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2
^ it’s for the track. Just wanted to run the car stock stock. Otherwise would get something more aggressive

Crashspeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 - Tech
I've had a hell of a time getting pads as well. I'm in NJ. I called a number of dealers and nobody had both fronts and rears in stock. I found two dealers within an hour a half of me, but within a half hour of each other, that have a set of pads each. Since I'm going to Watkins Glen next week I can't run the risk of shipping delays, so I just left work to pick them up myself.

One of the parts guys told me almost everyone is sold out, warehouses seem to have nothing, and SOME pads are due to ship to warehouses by tomorrow, meaning people in the Northeast should begin seeing stuff in stock as early as next week. He said he logged into an engineering system and the reason for the shortage was higher than expected demand. Multiple dealers also confirmed that this is happening not just to GT350s, but Focus RSs as well.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Get the Ferodo DS2500 pads (GT350Brakes.com). It's a very similar compound to the stock pads (also made by Ferodo) and perform great on the track.
Sponsored