Sponsored

Parking Lot Dent

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You know when you park in the far corner of the lot like you think your car is special you are egging people on. If you park crooked across more than one spot people will even talk about you. There was a bigshot at my work that used to park crooked and there were quite a few people who talked negatively about him.

I just park my car normally in a normal spot and people tend to be very considerate. I know I will eventually pick up some dings, but it's just a car.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You know when you park in the far corner of the lot like you think your car is special you are egging people on. If you park crooked across more than one spot people will even talk about you. There was a bigshot at my work that used to park crooked and there were quite a few people who talked negatively about him.

I just park my car normally in a normal spot and people tend to be very considerate. I know I will eventually pick up some dings, but it's just a car.

So are people evil, or not? Dammit man - your brain is a puzzle!!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
In my opinion it's not evil to be irritated by certain behavior. It's part of being human. Yes it's evil to deliberately door ding someone, but I think most people don't do that. However, why tempt fate? If you park in the middle of the rest of the cars, you are much less likely to be targeted.

Two separate issues. I still would assume more high end cars get dent repairs because the owners have the money and the inclination to pay for the repair. Many people just see the dent and are upset about it, but they aren't upset enough to fix it, and eventually they get over being mad.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You just gotta understand he's from Minnesota...something in the air or water there makes them very tolerant except when their tranny's might overheat.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
In my opinion it's not evil to be irritated by certain behavior. It's part of being human. Yes it's evil to deliberately door ding someone, but I think most people don't do that. However, why tempt fate? If you park in the middle of the rest of the cars, you are much less likely to be targeted.

Two separate issues. I still would assume more high end cars get dent repairs because the owners have the money and the inclination to pay for the repair. Many people just see the dent and are upset about it, but they aren't upset enough to fix it, and eventually they get over being mad.
Well you know where I stand. I do believe that some people are just jealous, they should get everything for free, types of people and they are going to fk with your car no matter where it's parked. Parking a little farther away, though, protects you against oblivious soccer-mom types who have been door dinging cars for years and don't know it.
Parking far away also allows carts to build up to ramming speed before they hit you ;)

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Any time I have found a cart against a car of mine, it gets barrel rolled across the parking lot with gusto. Store managers are too cheap to hire a kid to shag carts at most places. Ever been to a Walmart and 75% of the carts are in the lot? I see it all the time. When I sacked groceries as a kid we had to keep the lot completely clear. Took maybe a minute to go grab a couple and bring them in. Now, they wait until customers can't find one in the store and go out to try and man handle 25 at a time.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Don't take an expensive car to inexpensive stores. Recipe for disaster.

PDR will save you

pete613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
A few days after getting my 50 years limited edition car in Wimbledon White, that happened to me on the rear passenger fender, on the body line, and cracked the paint. Half the car had to be re painted to blend it :mad:

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
Given my recent experience with the service department damaging my GT350 that they still haven't even released to me, I will say this:

I used to own a 2014 BMW M235i that I had leased. Even though I paid for a protection package in case of dents/scratches, I used to park away from other vehicles and look for possible obstacles such as columns to block me and deter others from parking next to me. It worked. I rarely had anybody park next to me and my co-workers and others respected the fact that I was trying to protect it. They even said they would have done the same in my shoes. However, something hit the bottom of the front bumper (2 inches) while driving on the highway. I cannot prevent everything, but as longs as I minimize the possibilities of damage, then I can be satisfied with myself. That's it.

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
A few days after getting my 50 years limited edition car in Wimbledon White, that happened to me on the rear passenger fender, on the body line, and cracked the paint. Half the car had to be re painted to blend it :mad:
I have a similar situation to you since my bumper and hood have to be fixed. Now I am being told the whole front must be repainted. How much value or an inconvenience do you think this will be for me down the road (resale)?

Thank you.

Sponsored
OP
OP

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
So, had PDR done today.

The good - paint wasn't cracked and he was able to pop it out.

The bad - it was right above/below the door beam, so it stretched the metal a little bit he said. It looks a lot better than it did, but ugh, still noticeable to me. I guess I'll ask people at the Mustang show this weekend if they notice it lol and go from there.

The good thing is, this is the guy that the bodyshop I went referred me to and my insurance company referred me to that body shop. If I decide I hate it, I wonder if this counts towards my deductible. I just worry about having it painted and not matching.

1st world struggles of having a driven car lol!

pete613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I have a similar situation to you since my bumper and hood have to be fixed. Now I am being told the whole front must be repainted. How much value or an inconvenience do you think this will be for me down the road (resale)?

Thank you.
I don't see a problem with it. Can't tell anything happened to it after having my friends shop do the work. They are used to doing rare and challenging colors as they said Wimbledon white was an involved process, just like the one-off Ferrari FXX Evo they did a few days before in a similar color. Just paid out of pocket for it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Got Lucky:

25675188524_5e1c662ae3_h.jpg

Saved me a theatrical bottle.

jooyoung99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT350
wow, 42 posts for a door ding? lol. I guess we all have our phobias.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
wow, 42 posts for a door ding? lol. I guess we all have our phobias.
Would've been more but a few posts were cleaned up by the mods:ninja:
Sponsored