Sponsored

Paint removed in accident, any recommendations?

Crowd.Slayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Long story short, lady pulled out in front of me in 100% retard fashion. Thankfully since one of us was actually paying attention, this was what resulted in which would have otherwise been a full on T-bone. In the moment I wanted to end her. Once the head cleared, I realize how lucky I am that this was the only result.

Anyway, for this damage, is it something only a shop would fix due to the size of the area of paint removed? Or is their some home remedy application that might be able to match the surface area? There is somehow no gouging in the body itself, slight scuffing as it gets smaller right above the foglight.. Thoughts?

20230201_113836.jpg

20230201_113841.jpg
Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks like it needs to be painted in a shop.

You could try a paint correction pen, but you will definitely notice where you have corrected.

You can also try 3M Scratch remover -- or similar -- if you wanna clean up the scuffing. It might get to a point where you only see the larger scratches.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Some of the lighter spots might be able to be polished out but the deeper spots would need more prep and either a touch up (which will be noticeable) or be sprayed at a shop. That part is all plastic which makes touch up paint a little less desirable IMO.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am going to bet some of the bumper clips are busted and maybe more damage than meets the eye. Have it looked at.

It’s difficult for 2 cars to meet and not break plastic.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I am going to bet some of the bumper clips are busted and maybe more damage than meets the eye. Have it looked at.

It’s difficult for 2 cars to meet and not break plastic.
I was thinking more or less the same thing myself. Did you get her insurance info?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Crowd.Slayer

Crowd.Slayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure there is probably more unseen damage atm. The other driver that pulled out in front of me was tapped and drove off. Never stopped. I pulled over to assess the damage from initial shock and confusion. Once I noticed she did not pull over I jumped back in and was trying to find her. No luck. There were other witnesses, but no one stopped. So I am SOL on this one yet again.

It's always other people who ruin your shit. I have babied this thing since I bought her new and it has showed up until now. And now it costs me for other dickheads mistakes. You can probably tell I hate people.

Appreciate the info guys, I will just get some quotes around town at this point to get her back to normal.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
That sort of damage I would have repaired by a professional.

That doesn't necessarily mean having the bumper completely repainted. I have a paint-less dent removal guy that also does small paint touch ups like this, it may be worth seeking out someone like that in your area.

Also, have a look at this video by Larry from AMMO NYC -

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I recommend calling your local dealer and see who repairs their new cars that are damaged on the lot. You would be surprised on how many “new” vehicles have had touch ups and minor repairs.

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
If you watch Hoovies Garage, he uses Vango Autospa in Kansas. I'm sure their not close to you, but maybe something like it in your area. From what I've seen, he does amazing work.

https://www.vangoict.com/
Sponsored