Sponsored

Any recommendations for a creeper seat/stool?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
OD: Honestly, those casters don't look like they'd hold up too long, at least in my south Texas environment. I also wouldn't want the extra brake hardware on each. When the replacement ball casters I put on my double bucket rig wear out, I'm going to shift to rollerblade wheels as I have for all the rolling chairs in the house. That's the compound for rough surfaces and smooth, QUIET moves.
Sponsored

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
D: I was waiting for you to chime in.. :cool:

Been using an old stool/chair creeper with a seat back for quite some time but when this subject comes up, I get the fever to get something more better. <laughingi>

I like the seat on the Adam's et al, but I don't need or want all the trays and stuff underneath, just a shelf is fine. Secondly, when I'm moving from wheel to wheel, I would prefer to have a seat back to grab in order to facilitate rolling to the next location while I'm dragging the double bucket cart with the other hand. A flat seat won't be as easy so I was looking at this from Traxion..whaddaya think?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M2QMHK6?tag=garagetooladvisor-20

The diameter of the Vyper shelf is just too large for a short-legged detailer. :-)

What I DON'T want is any chair with those crappy wheels that have a red vinyl outer shell. My driveway has gravel in the concrete and it is hell on plastic wheels.

Not sure what the Traxion's wheels are made of but they look like they'll hold up.
I have one of the linked chairs, and I couldn’t be any happier with it. It’s my 4’th roller stool, and this is by far the most comfortable I’ve had by far. I also really like the rotatable shelf underneath.

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
MANY THANKS for the review, Jon, that's perzactly what I wanted to hear. I'll be grabbing one Real Soon Now.
No sweat!

I went with the “monster seat.” That little backrest flare doesn’t look like much, but man does it make a big difference.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Same here KB, I knew D would find one on OG. :giggle:

By the way the “new” Griots sit on creeper is actually two creepers in one. Check it out. Will not be out to next month. Just in time for the holidays.

BED4B097-0696-4200-BA43-148D6BA5BCB9.jpeg
I spotted that this morning, the lower section would be great for when polishing door sills ect.

We don't have access to Griot's in Australia, a shame because I know I would add a selection of their products if so.

OP
OP
sw686blue

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply with some great information. I ended up cheaping out and getting a Torin Big Red since it was on sale for $27. I have not used it yet, but plan to in the next day or two. Seems decent, but we'll see.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply with some great information. I ended up cheaping out and getting a Torin Big Red since it was on sale for $27. I have not used it yet, but plan to in the next day or two. Seems decent, but we'll see.
They look decent, especially for the price. Which one did you get?

Sponsored
OP
OP
sw686blue

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
sw686blue

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Btw, that black tray is ultra cheap. I'm sure if you look at it the wrong way, it'll crack into a million pieces.

Aladdin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18 GT premium A10 401 black
Same here KB, I knew D would find one on OG. :giggle:

By the way the “new” Griots sit on creeper is actually two creepers in one. Check it out. Will not be out to next month. Just in time for the holidays.

BED4B097-0696-4200-BA43-148D6BA5BCB9.jpeg
Griot’s expects to begin shipping this item about December 10. I just got an update from them this morning.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I can't lie, I have a roller creeper, but what I have found works the best for me is, Wait for it: a 5 gallon bucket. Light, easy to move and store and just the right height. I know now why farmers like my Dad used them all the time. I put tools, paints etc for my job, then take them out, turn bucket upside down and sit. Crazy, but it's just so easy.

OP
OP
sw686blue

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
I can't lie, I have a roller creeper, but what I have found works the best for me is, Wait for it: a 5 gallon bucket. Light, easy to move and store and just the right height. I know now why farmers like my Dad used them all the time. I put tools, paints etc for my job, then take them out, turn bucket upside down and sit. Crazy, but it's just so easy.
Hahaha...that's exactly what I have been doing for years before buying this creeper. It was the perfect height, weighs nothing and you can store your cleaning bottles in it. It's not the most comfortable and obviously it doesn't roll lol.
Sponsored