Paddle shifting

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
That's alot of words for trying to say "I like being slow".
LOL It’s not about the speed, it’s about the thrill of the drive and the connection to the vehicle. 😎 autos are hands down faster.
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
As long as you come to a complete stop you can also use the paddles to select 2nd gear take offs. This is handy when having to turn into an intersection after stopping, starting off in 2nd gear saves you having to search for the right paddle (1st to 2nd shift) mid way through turning into a corner.
Learn something new every day…..thanks

SSally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Will the 10r80 shift on its own in every mode? Reason I’m asking I have taken my car to the track and once in awhile the car won’t shift on its own out of first gear. I usually am in advance sport mode with the shifter in “S”. Should I be using the paddle shifters?
Here is a link to a Steeda video on YouTube regarding the Mustang auto trans.

Bob Brooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT coupe
To make it easy on you, anytime you see the gear # value in the dash it means it's in manual mode. It does automatically downshift to 1 when you come to a stop regardless of the settings, but that shouldn't be an issue on track.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
To make it easy on you, anytime you see the gear # value in the dash it means it's in manual mode. It does automatically downshift to 1 when you come to a stop regardless of the settings, but that shouldn't be an issue on track.
Pretty sure I can see gear # any time I'm in D, which is virtually always.

Sponsored

Gfswindle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10
As long as you come to a complete stop you can also use the paddles to select 2nd gear take offs. This is handy when having to turn into an intersection after stopping, starting off in 2nd gear saves you having to search for the right paddle (1st to 2nd shift) mid way through turning into a corner.
I have thought about asking lund if they could tune normal mode to never downshift to 1st. With PP gearing driving normally through traffic and the a10, 1st gear is just useless. If I don't come to a complete stop but slow enough for it downshift into first, it seems to take way too long to make the shift to second when I get back on light throttle and it rev hangs far too long.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
You must be tuned. My 2020 stock does not show it unless I'm in S and start using the paddles.
I am but I don't recall it ever not showing the gear. What does it show for you in drive, a D?

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
My '22 100% stock shows the gear that I'm in while in normal mode.

Sponsored

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
Is this a digital gauge cluster vs non question? Are those saying nope to seeing the gear on normal mode using the analog cluster?

My 21 with digital gauges always shows the gear in the Tach regardless of mode.

GT-G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Same with my 2019.
I think there is a difference for those with the larger digital dash that came with the 401a package, and the smaller digital screen that comes with the 400a package. On the 401a, I notice it always shows the gear, but in the 400a, it only shows the gear number when I have activated the paddles.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
You may be correct on that digital vs analog dash.

My 2017 while it was the premium package, didn't have the digital dash like my 2019 has.
Sponsored