Owners under 40 years old.

Mattneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I don't know how many people read the post about the V8 being gone by 2024 but i did and saw a lot of talk about the younger generation not getting the history of the Mustang. Made me wonder how many people under 40 are here. As I am 36
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
31 and have been a self proclaimed Mustang nut since age 6 or 7.

This is my second GT (1st was a 2000, which I still have but needs major work).

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I bought my '18 GT 13 months ago at 39 y/o, but I am 40 now, does that count? I assume you are under 40 since you started this thread, but you didn't state your age...?

I've been a car guy my whole life, so I definitely understand and appreciate the Mustang history (starting the pony car segment), along with the Corvette's significance in American sports cars.

OP
OP
Mattneedforgreen

Mattneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I bought my '18 GT 13 months ago at 39 y/o, but I am 40 now, does that count? I assume you are under 40 since you started this thread, but you didn't state your age...?

I've been a car guy my whole life, so I definitely understand and appreciate the Mustang history (starting the pony car segment), along with the Corvette's significance in American sports cars.
Thank you for pointing out that i did not have my age in the post. I am 36

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
26 here with my 15 GT. Won’t be my last.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I'm 56 so I'm technically too old for this thread. :) But I have a 27 year old son so I'm going to borrow his years for the moment.... 56-27=39 phew just under the wire! I don't think younger folks (for the most part) are as interested in cars as much as us old dogs are simply because cars weren't as important or influential to them as they were to us at an early age. However, reading posts from you younger guys here I am still holding out a lot of hope. Nice car Matt!

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
I’ll be 34 in February! Hopefully in a few years the GT500 won’t be outta my price range! Will make an awesome midlife crisis gift to myself! Lol

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
I'm 56 so I'm technically too old for this thread. :) But I have a 27 year old son so I'm going to borrow his years for the moment.... 56-27=39 phew just under the wire! I don't think younger folks (for the most part) are as interested in cars as much as us old dogs are simply because cars weren't as important or influential to them as they were to us at an early age. However, reading posts from you younger guys here I am still holding out a lot of hope. Nice car Matt!
Safe to assume that mathematics is not required in your profession?

Don

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Safe to assume that mathematics is not required in your profession?

Don
Omg good catch sadly yes it is don't tell my boss. I shouldn't be having beers and posting. I'll leave the error and take my lumps!

Last edited:

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 33. Fell in love with the 2005 Mustang GT when I got the brochure in 2004, and worked hard through college and beyond to make that dream a reality.

V8 and manual transmission for me. 15 years and four Mustang GTs later, the addiction is stronger than ever.

Love the history of the Mustang and what it means to all of us.

Sponsored

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
1st Mustang at 17, 2nd Mustang at 22, and bought my 3rd Mustang three weeks ago at 25

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I just turned 37 but I've been a car nerd since I was a kid. Weather it be a Mustang, Vette, Viper, Lambo etc.

But it is true, more teens now days don't care as much about cars, let alone driving them.
Why should you when you have uber and lyft to drive you around. Or hell why do you need to go anywhere when you have the amazon, Ebay social media.
Then Waiter and Uber eats to get you food!!!!!!!
See where I'm going with this. hahaah

It sucks, but I don't see it changing.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I can thank my brother and dad for my addiction. My dad due to the stories he told me of his dad owning a body shop and stories about the classics he used to own (when they were then new) and specifically a story about a move they did where they were in a 396 Chevelle and when my grandmother fell asleep, my grandfather proceeded to mat the gas to make up some time. my dad told me that story in a manner I could feel the emotion like it had just happened. You don’t realize how impactful that is as a kid, but as an adult it becomes crystal clear.

My brother was always into GM’s when I was a kid so naturally I bleed blue oval. Now he’s into whatever.. but has grown attached to STI/EVO lines. He’s had more cars than I can truly account for (easily 30+) so I’ve learned a ton from him and have some very “imbedded” memories of specific experiences related to cars with him.

For me - cars have been a way of life since I got my license. It’s freedom to the max. I started out with a Jeep and worked my ass off to buy my first GT when I was 18. It’s all been downhill from there. No vehicle I’ve owned has remained stock for long! lol.

I just turned 37 but I've been a car nerd since I was a kid. Weather it be a Mustang, Vette, Viper, Lambo etc.

But it is true, more teens now days don't care as much about cars, let alone driving them.
Why should you when you have uber and lyft to drive you around. Or hell why do you need to go anywhere when you have the amazon, Ebay social media.
Then Waiter and Uber eats to get you food!!!!!!!
See where I'm going with this. hahaah

It sucks, but I don't see it changing.
I personally can’t stand not driving. And worse than that is driving a car with no soul. If it doesn’t shake, rattle and generally terrify non-car people, it ain’t for me. I took a Prius taxi once and felt like I grew a vagina until I exited the ride.

When I talk to people about cars and get that “OK guy” look, or have people tell me “man, you’re really into cars” in that kind of snyde way, it makes me sad.. haha.

Before I could drive I spent my time staring out the window and knew damn near every single vehicle lineup of every manufacturer. I used to yell out “Mustang” every time I would see one. My parents probably thought I was broken, but whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: JL

RacinJason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang base GT w/PP
I don't qualify for this thread in the current Mustang I have. However, this applies... 1984 Mustang, then 1969 Mustang, then 1995 Mustang, then 2005 Mustang. Now 2017. Loved them all and still some. The 84 was the only one that wasn't a V8. It was still a fun car. There is a lot of heritage that will be forgotten, but Ford will try to make us all happy.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I turned 28 6 minutes ago lol. Without really getting into it, I bought a 97 coupe when I was 17 and out of necessity had to pretty much swap everything out but the body. 302 from a 95 GT, heads and IM from a newer explorer, L/T headers, rebuilt the t5 trans with beefier internals. It was a fun car until the engine needed a full rebuild. I never got around to it and used the money I saved up for a sizable downpayment on my 19MY.

My dad was also a big Mustang fan, although he never owned one in my lifetime, but he loved talking about his old fox bodies so that's where a lot of it came from.

Ha, funny story. My dad always used to tell me about how the first car that ever smoked him was a grand national. Last summer I'm out taking my dad for a joyride when, and I shit you not, a grand national pulls up beside me at a light. We both go for it and I had him up through 2nd and then he just... blew passed me. My dad busted out laughing saying "THAT'S EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENED TO ME!" So I guess my family's name is forever cursed to lose to grand nationals.
Sponsored