After 40 years finally ready Mustang GT Convertible

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
While I wait I'm wondering about a spoiler. Why does Ford delete the GT PP1 spoiler from the convertible? I'd really like a nice spoiler too.
2019_ford_mustang-pic-6876117452896677446-1024x768.jpeg
For me, it makes the rear end. The PP is my favorite spoiler out of all of them, but, everyone has their own preference. I think you're lucky you got TO, I have not seen one where I live in the metro SLC, UT area, and the black stripes do it for me. You found a good one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
For me, it makes the rear end. The PP is my favorite spoiler out of all of them, but, everyone has their own preference. I think you're lucky you got TO, I have not seen one where I live in the metro SLC, UT area, and the black stripes do it for me. You found a good one.
I do like the spoiler a lot too. Yes think I'm going to love the stripes. I started out saying that I had to have TO as the color. For me it evokes some of the great Orange muscle cars of the late 60's and 70's, Mopar monsters, Camaro RS, but also a color that's not like 200 other GT's driving around town and lastly (to me) makes a statement when you pull up to the light. fwiw I've been to SLC quite a few times, there are some nice roads out by the ski areas in summer to drive there!

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Same boat here, also turned 60 this year. Long time enthusiast, 1st time owner. Waited long enough, my gift to me.

2018 GT Premium w Performance Pack.

22E5D523-83A4-468C-97EB-ACD01A26693B.jpeg
That is another lovely color! What is it? Looks almost like a burgundy metallic.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
This IS IT!! I put the deposit down on it today (not at that price)!!! It has every one of my Must Haves!!! Plus it has MagnaRaide, Active Exhaust option and only 4,400 miles.

1634072850411.png
Congrats! Hope it gives you years of happiness! Welcome to the Mustang family šŸ˜

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I do like the spoiler a lot too. Yes think I'm going to love the stripes. I started out saying that I had to have TO as the color. For me it evokes some of the great Orange muscle cars of the late 60's and 70's, Mopar monsters, Camaro RS, but also a color that's not like 200 other GT's driving around town and lastly (to me) makes a statement when you pull up to the light. fwiw I've been to SLC quite a few times, there are some nice roads out by the ski areas in summer to drive there!
It's a standout color, that's for sure. Never saw one in person before I ordered mine, but I love it. In the sun, it's as bright as can be. I call it my daily dose of Vitamin C. Not one person that has yet seen it, didn't like the color, they all have so far, so I think that's a testament to it. On the website is says it is a metallic, but there is none in it, and as far as all the orange colors they've had over the years, of course unbiased, I think this one is the best. Yeah, we do have some killer canyon roads to drive on. I live in the middle of the valley, near 1-80, and that ride to Park City is a good test for any car. Mine is not broken yet, only have 400 miles on it, but, weather permitting, I will be making a Park City run.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Same boat here, also turned 60 this year. Long time enthusiast, 1st time owner. Waited long enough, my gift to me.

I love that color. It is freakin' awesome. Also, I like the limited runs they do of some colors, so you don't see a lot of them. I have not seen that color ever before where I live, in the SLC, UT metro area. That is an awesome shine also, kinda like having a black car. I think if that color was available for the 2021 MY, I would have chosen it. I think, IMO, some white over the top stripes would look beautfiul. However, I am totally pleased with TO, it's definitely unique. Nice car man.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
It's definitely in Canadian dollars.

To the OP, the PP1 spoiler on this car would look fantastic. Congrats!
Seems like Canadians get ripped off. That's a lot of money.

Jeffac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I love that color. It is freakin' awesome. Also, I like the limited runs they do of some colors, so you don't see a lot of them. I have not seen that color ever before where I live, in the SLC, UT metro area. That is an awesome shine also, kinda like having a black car. I think if that color was available for the 2021 MY, I would have chosen it. I think, IMO, some white over the top stripes would look beautfiul. However, I am totally pleased with TO, it's definitely unique. Nice car man.
Thanks, the pic is after I had it ceramic coated. I was considering adding flat black stripes before I got it, but I was anticipating the car would have black wheels. Once I found this one, I decided I liked the nickel wheels so much I want to keep it this way.

Iā€™ve seen the TO in person and itā€™s a really sweet looking color. Looks great with the black stripes.

Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase

Beautiful car congratulations

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Seems like Canadians get ripped off. That's a lot of money.
I don't know about current pricing, but when I bought my car in '18, out of curiosity I went to the US website and priced the identical car and after running through the currency exchange, the car was, if memory serves, about $600 more in the US, at least based on MSRP. And bear in mind the OP's car has nearly US$13K in options on it.

Oh, and yes, RC is a fabulous colour!

CookiemanEU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dario
Vehicle(s)
Convertible GT
To all, who're saying about PP spoiler in convertible, please bare in mind that the lines in fastback and convertibles aren't the same.
That causes that looking on the side spoiler doesn't completely match the shape of the rear fender

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
To all, who're saying about PP spoiler in convertible, please bare in mind that the lines in fastback and convertibles aren't the same.
That causes that looking on the side spoiler doesn't completely match the shape of the rear fender
Yes I've looked at convertibles and fastbacks. Thankfully there are tons of pics of convertibles with different spoilers to see what it might look like. ;)

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Yes I've looked at convertibles and fastbacks. Thankfully there are tons of pics of convertibles with different spoilers to see what it might look like. ;)
The PP spoiler hits the convertible's antenna, that's the reasons they don't put it on there from the factory. If you want it you can put it on but you need a stubby antenna.
Sponsored