Sponsored

Overheating… again

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Here is what the mmr cooling mod looks like. Not my photo but this is the braided hose with an fittings for gen2 so exactly what I have.
Ok
I’ll check back for PP radiator results.

Did you get a chance to perform the high RPM 80 MPH cruise test. I’m curious to know if the increased pump impeller speed drops the CHT ? That test would put a lot of questions to bed in a hurry.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Ok
I’ll check back for PP radiator results.

Did you get a chance to perform the high RPM 80 MPH cruise test. I’m curious to know if the increased pump impeller speed drops the CHT ? That test would put a lot of questions to bed in a hurry.
ya it seemed to make it overheat faster. Deffinately didn’t drop temps

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
I have a similar issue with mine (160K miles) I will be replacing the CHT sensors in the next couple of weeks, also had the upper rad hose break at that plastic elbow, yay me!!

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have a similar issue with mine (160K miles) I will be replacing the CHT sensors in the next couple of weeks, also had the upper rad hose break at that plastic elbow, yay me!!
That’s where my hose was leaking. Along with both heater hoses. CHT sensor seems like an absolute pain to replace with the engine in the car

Sponsored

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
That’s where my hose was leaking. Along with both heater hoses. CHT sensor seems like an absolute pain to replace with the engine in the car
You do have to remove the intake as the sensor is at the back of passenger side head area, might as well replace the knock sensors too when it's apart

Sponsored
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Radiator is getting my hopes up again.

Did multiple flushes to try to get these weird black particles out. I also used some coolant system cleaner.

The car was idling around 180 CHT again. On the flushes it would get higher like 190+. Only thing I did different was wait longer for the car to cool before installing the new radiator.

Also, the Performance pack radiator measured in at 1.45" whereas my old one (from carparts.com) measured in at 1.30". So not much of a change.

I also now have like 15 gallons of used coolant in my garage haha.

Will update after I go on a drive in a bit.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
So far it looks good. Holding a strong 190 CHT! Did a small pull and it didn’t even get past 200 and went back down to 190. Didn’t drive on the freeway super long. Ambient temps were 103-105.

Will update tomorrow if it keeps doing well.

My leading theory was the radiator being clogged. The radiator looks physically fine.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So far it looks good. Holding a strong 190 CHT! Did a small pull and it didn’t even get past 200 and went back down to 190. Didn’t drive on the freeway super long. Ambient temps were 103-105.

Will update tomorrow if it keeps doing well.

My leading theory was the radiator being clogged. The radiator looks physically fine.
Wonder what clogged it. Glad it's working well now though. PP rad is pretty good for a street car, I rarely even touch 200CHT on hot days.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Wonder what clogged it. Glad it's working well now though. PP rad is pretty good for a street car, I rarely even touch 200CHT on hot days.
Idk. I don’t know what the black particles could be. I’ve seen them for a long time. My idea is they finally clogged the radiator. Will have to keep an eye on it. Maybe a hose is going bad?
Sponsored