Sponsored

OPT7 Arrow Turn Signals * Issue/ Excellent Customer Service ( for now)

Fogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT Convertible
The resistors helped at my 15 mustang when I had switch-back DRL set to true using ForScan. However, I cannot get the white DRL light to work on the OPT-7. We have checked and tried multiple things. It is not the arrow unit, if supplied with correct voltage it will do as advertised. It is really my stang not giving the power on the third (green) cable.

I have informed OPT-7 about this and suspected that there is something special with a specific series of the stangs. They are looking into it. Let's see with what they come back.

As for customer service: If you do not get answers on email it could be also that their emails do not reach you. If I sue my private account I do not receive their emails. Only on my corporate account. They stated this is a known issues with some email providers. Just use the live-chat feature on their website, this works great!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Murdered0ut150

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yes definitely no need to pull the bumper off for these installs. I’m still confused as to how people get so frustrated with it? I jacked up, pulled the wheel, removed 3 fender liner screws, peeled back and propped up against the rotor and just unscrewed every bolt for the assembly. I dunno lol.

But the responses and customer was fantastic in the beginning. I mean they send me this Version 2 that’s been working flawlessly but they haven’t followed up, asked for the old back, responded to my “ IT Worked!” Email or anything so oh well? It’s hard to say oh well though because so many people are obviously having the same issues and I was one of I’m assuming a few who received this “ v2” . It’s not the most expensive part but it’s nit cheap and none of that is the point. Make a product, make it work, if it doesn’t have a fix and I seem to have that. Just wish they would make good on the hundreds of other people complaining about the same issues.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
So looks hit or miss. Since I need to put on the cal splitter I have, sounds like removing the old splitter, the wheels, peel back fender liner, and should leave plenty for access. Will try sometime. Kinda annoying that I have to do that to test that something that was supposed work to see if it works.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
So looks hit or miss. Since I need to put on the cal splitter I have, sounds like removing the old splitter, the wheels, peel back fender liner, and should leave plenty for access. Will try sometime. Kinda annoying that I have to do that to test that something that was supposed work to see if it works.
piece of cake to do when you do the splitter. BTW, you will love the california special splitter. just did mine...
IMG_20190419_173457.jpg

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
2016 GTPP
Just installed Arrows from Amazon, they do not sequence properly unless my headlights are on. When the headlights are off they act erratic...this is dangerous. Opt7 customer service told me to request a new pair from Amazon because it's faster...

I'm not happy with this response. How can both signals be defective? I told them it took me 2 hours to install and I don't want to do it all over again for the same problem. Here are videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XwD2gxW2R4E7MVUY8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Qhp6ncoDS3ihUdy5

No hyperblinking

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
2016 GTPP
Just installed Arrows from Amazon, they do not sequence properly unless my headlights are on. When the headlights are off they act erratic...this is dangerous. Opt7 customer service told me to request a new pair from Amazon because it's faster...

I'm not happy with this response. How can both signals be defective? I told them it took me 2 hours to install and I don't want to do it all over again for the same problem. Here are videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XwD2gxW2R4E7MVUY8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Qhp6ncoDS3ihUdy5

No hyperblinking
Welcome to the club, the replacement pair probably wont fix it either. Read pages 2 and 3 of this thread for the only way to fix it: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...backs-and-bcm-tail-light-issues.115639/page-2

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
My issue seems a little different. I have a 2016 GTPP and I think I have v2. The resistor seems to be built in because I have no hyperblink
Read the thread. None of us have hyperblink issues. The problem is erratic blinkers and no daytime DRL function.

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
I finally gave up on these. First set had issue with my 2015 only working when lights were on. Second set sent for replacement did the same. Third set worked for about a year and then the driver side yellow LEDs started going out. They look great when they work but I'm done sending back for replacement I hope others have a better experience.

Oxford_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well guys, after going through multiple pairs of these arrow lights and having a pair of resistors being sent over by OPT7 and zero success, I stumbled across this thread and figured out I'd ask OPT7 about their version 2 of the lights.

They are a SUCCESS!
OPT7's customer service has been great once the right players got involved. If you're going to try the new ones I recommend you start a email chain with them and say you want to order a pair and want to make sure it's version 2, they will communicate with you during the purchase process and make sure the right ones get to your door.
Overall customer service was great because they even refunded me store credit after the failed attempts to fix the problem with version 1 lights.

Order version 2 if you guys want the look you're looking for!

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Well guys, after going through multiple pairs of these arrow lights and having a pair of resistors being sent over by OPT7 and zero success, I stumbled across this thread and figured out I'd ask OPT7 about their version 2 of the lights.

They are a SUCCESS!
OPT7's customer service has been great once the right players got involved. If you're going to try the new ones I recommend you start a email chain with them and say you want to order a pair and want to make sure it's version 2, they will communicate with you during the purchase process and make sure the right ones get to your door.
Overall customer service was great because they even refunded me store credit after the failed attempts to fix the problem with version 1 lights.

Order version 2 if you guys want the look you're looking for!
Thanks - how do the new ones operate? Are the white LEDs daytime running lights? Are they tapping into the headlight harness at all?

Oxford_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks - how do the new ones operate? Are the white LEDs daytime running lights? Are they tapping into the headlight harness at all?
Same as the 1st version off unless you turn on parking/headlights but I think some members have spliced into headlight DRLs for power personally im fine running them as designed

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Please please please tell me how to hook them as drls
You have a couple of options. The two most common are to either activate the entire parking light circuit as a DRL using FORscan. This will also put the gills into night time half bright mode.

Or the second option is to hardwire the marker portion of the OPT7 to switched power. This will keep the other parking lights off and the gills on full daytime brightness, but comes with the liability of modifying either the car's or the OPT7's wiring. I have been using the switched power that feeds into the headlamp assembly for some time with no issues and Diode Dynamics offers a wiring harness that raises the cost of this option but leaves the car's wiring intact for an easy / no impact return to stock.

This thread has some good info and in post # 8 there is a link to another thread with more. On that other linked thread look at post #40.
Sponsored

Last edited: