Sponsored

OPT7 Arrow Turn Signals * Issue/ Excellent Customer Service ( for now)

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
The parking lights should be on both the unused connector and the turn signal connector. In the factory fixture the now unused connector's bulb has a single filament for parking lights only. The turn signal bulb is dual filament, one for parking/marker (low) and the other for the brighter turn signal (high).

If you are not getting white from your Arrows when the parking lights are on then there is a problem with them. Odd that they are both screwed up though. A quick test would be to switch the headlight dash selector to park or on (with the ignition/car completely off). They should then be white. Turn on the hazards and they should both start sequencing amber. Turn the hazards off and they should both fade back to white. If this is not happening, then tell OPT7 and you should get replacements.

Also keep in mind that the front turn signal fixture's marker lights are not on an independent circuit. The rear side markers and rear tail lights will also be on when FORScan or the dash switch has activated the parking light circuit. This can also help indicate if the FORScan change has added the parking circuit as DRL's.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
The DRL option in 726-50-01 number 08 will activate the front turn signals as DRL's. This will cause the Arrows to try to sequence continuously. Change that to 01 and you should get just the parking circuit as DRL which should make them white.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I'm tempted to not even try and install the ones I bought last year and just say they don't work right and try and return, probably my best option?

Fogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT Convertible
The DRL option in 726-50-01 number 08 will activate the front turn signals as DRL's. This will cause the Arrows to try to sequence continuously. Change that to 01 and you should get just the parking circuit as DRL which should make them white.
Indeed, this is what happened. At least it showed me that my ForScan skills where not that wrong :)
I have tried setting it to 01, but this does not help the arrow. I guess I really do have a faulty device - interessting that it is both at the same time.

Anyway, I changed the programing back to no additional circuit, even disabled the parking lights as I do not want to side marker and rear lights to be on always. I did confirm though that the side marker and rear lights will turn on if programed accordingly. So my car works just nice.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I'm tempted to not even try and install the ones I bought last year and just say they don't work right and try and return, probably my best option?
They have a 60 day return policy and a 2 year warranty. You could probably get them exchanged for new ones or you could try to convince them to accept a return. Not sure if the recent troubles will help with a return for refund after 1 year. They were pretty consistent with reminding me about their 60 day return policy. Or you could try to sell them as used.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Murdered0ut150

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Its been a full week so far without a hiccup. Im fairly confident that whatever they sent me as this so called " V2 Test" that it has fixed the issues. I emailed them comparison videos and everything they requested so HOPEFULLY they will take this and apply to any and all units that go out from here on out, Time will truly tell and ill update any findings as i go but im once again happy with how they work and turned out.

pouyamad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT - Honda Civic Type R FN2
Its been a full week so far without a hiccup. Im fairly confident that whatever they sent me as this so called " V2 Test" that it has fixed the issues. I emailed them comparison videos and everything they requested so HOPEFULLY they will take this and apply to any and all units that go out from here on out, Time will truly tell and ill update any findings as i go but im once again happy with how they work and turned out.
Hello,
Any update please ? Still running fine ?
Do you have any info from them about if and when they will launch this V2 officially ?
Thanks in advance :please:

OP
OP
Murdered0ut150

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hello,
Any update please ? Still running fine ?
Do you have any info from them about if and when they will launch this V2 officially ?
Thanks in advance :please:
Knock on wood, been 110% fine. I’ve driven it 3-4 days out of the weeks to and from work since I last posted and haven’t had one hiccup. I emailed them videos as they requested of the “install” and “operation” but didn’t get a single reply? Strange... I also still have the set that was malfunctioning and assuming I can keep. If anyone wants to buy for say 50% cost and use the instructions posted to add In line resistors and all that I’m down to send on out!

BUT all in all, still great customer service, the V2 works great and trust me if they freak out I’ll be posting here first!

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
@Murdered0ut150 so do you think if I bought them a year ago but also got the inline resistors, do you think mine would work as they are supposed to? I did buy them a while ago, then later requested the inline resistor harness and have them, i just never installed...and I don't want to install unless I know they are going to work correctly (only have so many spare bumper tabs, each removal, have to replace, so it stays snug and don't want to have to go with those stupid looking push button releases).

pouyamad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT - Honda Civic Type R FN2
Knock on wood, been 110% fine. I’ve driven it 3-4 days out of the weeks to and from work since I last posted and haven’t had one hiccup. I emailed them videos as they requested of the “install” and “operation” but didn’t get a single reply? Strange... I also still have the set that was malfunctioning and assuming I can keep. If anyone wants to buy for say 50% cost and use the instructions posted to add In line resistors and all that I’m down to send on out!

BUT all in all, still great customer service, the V2 works great and trust me if they freak out I’ll be posting here first!
Good news, thanks for your update.
I sent them an email about a V2 release. Not sure I will get an answer...

Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
@Murdered0ut150 so do you think if I bought them a year ago but also got the inline resistors, do you think mine would work as they are supposed to? I did buy them a while ago, then later requested the inline resistor harness and have them, i just never installed...and I don't want to install unless I know they are going to work correctly (only have so many spare bumper tabs, each removal, have to replace, so it stays snug and don't want to have to go with those stupid looking push button releases).
You can install or at least test them without removing the bumper. Take the plastic off the bottom and unplug the turn signal. You can plug the Arrow in and start the engine with the dash light switch set to off to see if they will work. If all is good you can finish the install from underneath. There are several videos online and I think American muscle has one for another brand of replacement turn signal fixture that shows how to do it.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
You can install or at least test them without removing the bumper. Take the plastic off the bottom and unplug the turn signal. You can plug the Arrow in and start the engine with the dash light switch set to off to see if they will work. If all is good you can finish the install from underneath. There are several videos online and I think American muscle has one for another brand of replacement turn signal fixture that shows how to do it.
Yes the inline resistors fix the problem. You can do the install from the wheel well, underneath. I just dropped the whole bumper for lack of frustration

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
it's a crap shoot best advise unfortunately is to install and try them, glad the OP is having sucess with the V2 but only time will tell about the V2 and they get more units into the field. the original or "v1" are very hit and miss with or without resistors. according to opt7 the resistors are only needed for '15 mustangs. with that I take what they say with a grain of salt.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Yes the inline resistors fix the problem. You can do the install from the wheel well, underneath. I just dropped the whole bumper for lack of frustration
The wheel well is too tight. Take the air-dam plastic sheet off the bottom of the car and it will be wide open. Maybe 10 or so small bolts and a few of those plastic snap ins and it comes right off. You have to take off most of those bolts (the ones along the splitter) to get the bumper off anyway.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
it's a crap shoot best advise unfortunately is to install and try them, glad the OP is having sucess with the V2 but only time will tell about the V2 and they get more units into the field. the original or "v1" are very hit and miss with or without resistors. according to opt7 the resistors are only needed for '15 mustangs. with that I take what they say with a grain of salt.
Yeah, the resistors didn't help me at all...
Sponsored