Sponsored

OPT7 Arrow Turn Signals * Issue/ Excellent Customer Service ( for now)

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
***** How would I upload 2 videos to this post? Anyone can help
I’d appreciate it***

So I installed about a month ago the OPT7 Arrow Turn Signals. Install was a breeze, I’m really not sure why so many YouTube videos made it such a process, took an hour at most. But that’s not the point of this. Quality is 110% amazing, the brightness, while on the sequence/ switchback etc etc etc is exactly what I was expecting EXCEPT one issue:

While the car is running,with all lights off except auto DRL’s , the blinker freaks out, hyper flashes and loops absolutely ridiculous. Now the strange part is when the car is off and I use the blinkers or hazards they sequence in Orange perfectly?

I sent an email to their customer service and literally got a “ this is normal function, we designed it that way for oncoming traffic to see a more visible sequence. And I was like you’ve GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?! There is absolutely no way what I was seeing was designed lol it was sparstic, random and just straight up horrible looking. So after 3-4 emails back and forth with the same guy I finally said ya know what F* it, I’m sending a video hopefully they can see it. I’ll attach the response below which is great, I’m cool with it and more than willing to oblige and help out because other owners are experiencing the same thing.

I’m ranting but happy, frustrated but glad. Going to try and upload the videos I sent so you all can see that I wasn’t losing my mind complaining about these things lol!
6E51D17D-8D27-4917-BB07-2221F574A5A4.jpeg
81462ACD-F2E7-4467-8F99-5F2A4C42D0F8.jpeg
Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Same thing happens to me.. Garbage customer service. Told me I need to pay for a new one then proceed to ship my old one in (I have to pay for shipping). Then they will send me a new one and give me the money back.

Don't be surprised if they don't do anything lol

OP
OP
Murdered0ut150

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
♂ Looking promising so far... I guess I’ll see how this “v.2” works out
D113221D-B6BE-4BF0-A9C8-8E0D5A37D1A6.jpeg

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
First off, I have had no issues with OPT7's customer support of quality of products. I have multiple products from them. I had the same issue, and from my own assumptions, the hyper flashing is because of the lack of load\resistance on the harness when the cars lighting system is NOT powered on(parking lights or low beams). Like you said, when the cars lighting system or parking lights are on and engaged ,the hyper flashing does not occur. They sent me inline resistors to resolve this for me months ago...

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I sent them the same complaint, they only offered to return for refund after checking I recheck the installation. didn't claim it was normal or that they have v2. there service sucks. I ended up fixing with the help from @Grimmer., well sought of fixed...what I mean is I had to make them function as day time running lights which I'm okay with(actually like the way it looks) but with this it fixed the hyper flashing issue.

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I've been admiring the looks of those things for a long time, but my car is a daily driver and needs to pass inspection, so I'm still hesitant about ordering from Opt 7. Here's hoping this new v. 2 works out the bugs...

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I haven't installed yet, but a while ago when I heard about the hyperblink, some members contacted Opt7 and they sent them a plug and play resistor harness that plugs inline with the light into the body harness plug...those members reported that it fixed they hyperblink so I contacted Opt7 and they sent me those harnesses free...have you all tried that route?

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Yes, but no luck. I thought the same thing about them acting funny as being related to the hyper blinking function. I even turned hyperbkinking off with FORscan. No luck. Although the FORscan option may only apply to the dash indicator and not the entire lighting circuit, but it was worth a try.

When I contacted OPT7 they told me the problem was more prevalent with the GT's and they didn't have a fix and suggested that I return for refund. I pressed them about the resistors and they did send them. I installed them and they didn't help my car.

Getting them to run as DRL's fixed it for me. This linked thread started out discussing the diode dynamics switchback bulbs but quickly moved to the OPT7 Arrows. A couple of options for getting them working as DRL's are discussed there.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Yes, but no luck. I thought the same thing about them acting funny as being related to the hyper blinking function. I even turned hyperbkinking off with FORscan. No luck. Although the FORscan option may only apply to the dash indicator and not the entire lighting circuit, but it was worth a try.

When I contacted OPT7 they told me the problem was more prevalent with the GT's and they didn't have a fix and suggested that I return for refund. I pressed them about the resistors and they did send them. I installed them and they didn't help my car.

Getting them to run as DRL's fixed it for me. This linked thread started out discussing the diode dynamics switchback bulbs but quickly moved to the OPT7 Arrows. A couple of options for getting them working as DRL's are discussed there.
your fix works like a champ and I like the DRL but I'm sure it's not for everyone. shame on OPT7 for ignoring the issue. for so long, hopefully the v2 works better.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
For those that don't want the white DRL's there are a couple of alternatives available on American muscle. They appear to work just like the original signals except they sequence. They are a bit pricier and at least one of the options has an external LED driver that has to be mounted to the car.

Diode dynamics used to offer white sequencing DRL's signals but they removed them from their catalog and they told me their machine that molds them is broken with no ETA on repair. Perhaps not a big enough market to justify the cost. Injection molding equipment is not cheap.

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
why not just use forscan to turn off hyperflash? its easy.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Pretty common issue unfortunately.

The issue isnt actually hyperflash inside the vehicle,but that the sequencing of the light is off beat and random when the headlights are off.

You can fix it in Forscan, but as Grimmer found it also dims the DRLs to night mode and turns on the side markers, etc. Also if your running aftermarket gauges it will dim them in day time making them nearly unreadable. I plan on using @Grimmer 's fix in his linked thread to fix this issue.

As far as OPT7 support goes, I had a easy process with them when I had to get mine replaced after two LEDs went bad. Only pain was having to send them out and wait for replacements.

OP
OP
Murdered0ut150

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well everyone, I just finished putting the “V2” revisions OPT7 2nd day aired me to try ( again great response and customer service one “Nancy” got involved. She’s been great.

Outcome: Perfecto. With or without the car running, with it without any other light on the lights sequence perfectly. I have videos showing the two side by side but don’t know how to load it lol. Just wanted to update everyone.

I also don’t see any visible difference like in line crimped resistors or anything. Looks exactly identical to the previous so maybe it’s something internal?

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
That sounds promising. Can you let us know in a week or so if it's still working as advertised?

I hope they're not trying to sell off all the V1's when I order mine.
Sponsored