Sponsored

OLIVE 2018 GT

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
It took about 5 weeks. The Engine was not pulled. But it looks great under the hood. I'll add a pick soon.
Thanks. This is something I'm looking at doing in the next year or two. I've got a body shop guy who I have a lot of faith in, but I value the experience of people who've had it done and are happy with the result.
Sponsored

Last edited:

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Could have probably saved some time, money & effort with a wrap. And increased resale value, as olive might be a hard sell. Had you just wrapped the car, you could pull off the wrap to reveal an almost perfect factory finished protected underneath at the time of selling the car.

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Glad you lowered it. Not feeling that grille but it's definitely unique. Might look better in gloss black like the lower parts?

Looks like the paint is already starting to swirl to shit???

attachment.jpg

OP
OP
OLIVE18

OLIVE18

OLIVE18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Olive Green 2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Grille

Where did you get the grill from - or made? Really striking.
Thank you! I designed the grille by taking the front end off the car and mocking it up with cardboard. Then taking the car and my mock-up to a local metal fabrication dude. It was expensive and time consuming for sure - but i love it! It's made with aluminum and then powder coated black.

OP
OP
OLIVE18

OLIVE18

OLIVE18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Olive Green 2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Paint

Glad you lowered it. Not feeling that grille but it's definitely unique. Might look better in gloss black like the lower parts?

Looks like the paint is already starting to swirl to shit???
It's just a hard angle with the sunlight - the paint is perfect. In fact I went to get it a maintenance check at the Ford dealership and Ford guys asked me if it was a 2019 color. They all thought is was factory.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OLIVE18

OLIVE18

OLIVE18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Olive Green 2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
resale?

Could have probably saved some time, money & effort with a wrap. And increased resale value, as olive might be a hard sell. Had you just wrapped the car, you could pull off the wrap to reveal an almost perfect factory finished protected underneath at the time of selling the car.
I would question anyone who buys a New 2018 Mustang and is hoping for a good resale value down the road. Not really an investment opportunity.

I'm making the car I want now, and hopefully will have for a while. Not concerned about resale. BTY, I get at least two random compliments a day on the color, so selling would not be an issue either.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would question anyone who buys a New 2018 Mustang and is hoping for a good resale value down the road. Not really an investment opportunity.

I'm making the car I want now, and hopefully will have for a while. Not concerned about resale.

Pretty much the way I feel about it as well.

Of course, as far as thinking about cars I might want to buy after this one...at my age I'm of the "in the long run I'll be dead" generation. ;)

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport

I'm making the car I want now, and hopefully will have for a while. Not concerned about resale. BTY, I get at least two random compliments a day on the color, so selling would not be an issue either.
I guess I just get bored too easy. I buy new cars every couple of years. I just like having the latest & greatest.

My trucks/SUV's last about 3 years, before I upgrade. (2006 F150, 2009 F150, 2012 F150, 2015 F150 & now 2017 Explorer)

But my sportscars, some have only lasted 1-3 years before I got bored! (Ex: already sold my 2017 GT Premium PP after only having it a year)
I'm trying to decide what my next car will be.

OP
OP
OLIVE18

OLIVE18

OLIVE18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Olive Green 2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
70s Porsche color

I thought I'd seen that colour before
HAHA! THat's far more green. The color of my car is a factory Porsche color from 1970-74 called Olive 414.
OLIVE_PORCHE005.jpg
OLIVE_PORCHE009.jpg

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I went with the Crimson because I never see one on the road and wanted my car to be a bit different, it's also why didn't want black wheels. When I started reading the tread I was thinking why?? Then I kept reading and it grew on me, much like the new front end of the '18 grew on me.

This image sells it for me, very well done on your 1 of 1!

attachment.jpg
At first glance you might think this was an Aston Martin. Maybe it's the colour, but it just looks more upscale......

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Love the color! Very well done indeed! :)

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I like it but wouldn't be my first choice. Of course a 18 stang would not be my first choice either. Nice car though Bro!

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, second.
Sponsored