Sponsored

OLIVE 2018 GT

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
This is cool. I like the script Mustang logo. Even though I would have kept the decklid black for contrast.
Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
The script Mustang on the unadorned decklid has a little bit of a Porsche vibe to go with the color.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Great way to be different but that color is very unappealing to me at least. I feel it just kind of fades into the background. It doesn't make the car pop at all.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The same way you feel about this color is how I feel about the looks of the 1-Series.

Sorry, just being honest.:)
I agree. But I didn't buy the 135is for it's looks, but for it's handling and performance. Glad my opinion didn't hurt anyone.

:ford:

Sponsored

TTA365

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi S5, 2011 Vert Vette
Hmmm, Ojai, works in film, well anyway. Love the color, the chrome around the windows and the wheel choice. Grill is cool too. Think you're right about the Mustang script, it's a bit too big.

TTA365

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi S5, 2011 Vert Vette
Just sitting here thinking, and this is so cool because it kind of forces one to look at the lines of the car and not necessarily the color. The color is ancillary. It is a beautiful car, and with what I would argue an attempt to understate it, just enhances it. And the uniqueness is huge. If Ford only offered the car in this color then it would not be nearly as cool. There are several pics in a variant of light and it looks good. I was born in 70 and seems to remember some older cars runnin around in these mild green variants including my grandparents 60s Impala boat. So I’m diggin nostalgia as well, thumbs up.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Yeah, this makes me think of the years where Mustangs - and cars in general - were offered in many more colors than modern cars are. Not every color was going to be popular with lots of folks, but all of them were what some folks wanted.

http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/1968clrpaint.shtml

Image4.png

OP
OP
OLIVE18

OLIVE18

OLIVE18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Olive Green 2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you!

Just sitting here thinking, and this is so cool because it kind of forces one to look at the lines of the car and not necessarily the color. The color is ancillary. It is a beautiful car, and with what I would argue an attempt to understate it, just enhances it. And the uniqueness is huge. If Ford only offered the car in this color then it would not be nearly as cool. There are several pics in a variant of light and it looks good. I was born in 70 and seems to remember some older cars runnin around in these mild green variants including my grandparents 60s Impala boat. So I’m diggin nostalgia as well, thumbs up.
You get it 100%. The lines of this car are elegant and I wanted to emphasize that. The softer color helps show off the contours. Simplifying the upper and lower grille helps keep focus on the lines of the hood. I still think I need some small badge on the rear deckled. I have yet to design that. People seem to either love or hate this color. That's fine with me. I was sitting in a cafe recently and Malcolm Mcdowell, the star of "A Clockwork Orange" who's also a vintage car collector, spotted my car in the parking lot and came in to tell me how he loved it. I get this daily from random people. People are really taking notice that Ford has designed a classic sports car again.
OLIVE18_-16.jpg

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I love the grill, but am lukewarm on the color. To me it needs to be broken up a little bit with something. A stripe, a black roof, some accents or something.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
You sir must have the biggest pair of um.........

To go and have a brand new Mustang custom painted and thank god its not a wrap!

Geezus that turned out beautiful!!

I love every single aspect of that car!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
OLIVE18

OLIVE18

OLIVE18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Olive Green 2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Rear Badge / Logo

I finally got the rear logo machined in aluminum. it's taped on the trunk deck lid (you can see the tape). Just trying to decide if I'm going to commit to this. I have enjoyed the stealth of the car - people actually asking me what it is. But this rear logo was my first idea. Going for a Mustang concept kind of thing. Using the 68 side badge, retro-ish lettering style.
OLIVELOGO_-1.jpg
OLIVELOGO_-2.jpg
OLIVELOGO_-3.jpg
OLIVELOGO_-4.jpg
OLIVELOGO_-5.jpg
OLIVELOGO_-6.jpg

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
The script is spot on! I would have left the center panel black as someone noted earlier on. It is very retro in a calm and pleasing way. Just my thoughts....

OP
OP
OLIVE18

OLIVE18

OLIVE18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Olive Green 2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Black?

The script is spot on! I would have left the center panel black as someone noted earlier on. It is very retro in a calm and pleasing way. Just my thoughts....
Hey, thanks dvs73. I actually have a clean (no ridges) black deck-lid incase I change my mind. Thank you for the input! Here's a photoshopped black rear deck-lid.

James
OLIVELOGO_-7.jpg

Last edited:

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like it!