RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
There are lots of folks on here who can't comprehend that there are some who have no interest in the V8. They think that it'll always be in the back of the EB owner's mind that they shoulda bought a 5.0, or wish they coulda. Well, some of us coulda, but didn't wanna... I get the stories of regret. If it means something to you, buy the GT. If it doesn't, screw the naysayers and enjoy the heck out of your MUSTANG, no matter what's under the hood!!! šŸ’ŖšŸ¼šŸ˜
I have nothing against the v8. Other than cost and a chassis that can't hook the power even on 11 inch wide wheels and 315 mm tires.
If I didn't already have other toys with v8s . I might have gone v8, hard to say. I have an issue paying 60k for a v8 pony car, even if it not affect my wallet .
Call it out of touch or just old enough to remember when 16k got you a nice notchback .
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
With compression 12 to 1 engine, it would be cheap and foolish to run cheap gas. For people who wants to be cheap why buy sports car? Buy a Corolla instead!
This isnā€™t 1970. Todayā€™s high compression engines can handle 87 with no issues. And regular gas is not ā€œcheapā€ gas. It will be lower in cost but of equal quality to the same brands higher octane (except possibly some difference in detergent levels).

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
If you were to break down the gas mileage differences in costs, 87vs 92 and EB gas mileage savings I think your actual costs should be finding a GT thatā€™s been too long in inventory at s Subaru or Hyundai store. Or
An out of place car at a wrong dealer. Dealers have a cost per day in stock , Also at 60 days they might sell them for what they would get if they auction them for new inventory. Itā€™s that cost difference of maybe 3 to 5k difference that wil be your true savings , not fuel economy. Also if you land one with lower miles you will win again at resale. The EB will depreciate much quicker as itā€™s just a car to most . Let me or our fellow forum guys , weā€™ll find you that special deal . Be prepared to buy right away, get the carfax, Vin , call your local Ford store to run its history with Ford called anā€ oasis and drive it like you stole it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Please stop using fancy words on other people ( who can afford prenium gas) to justify your cheapness on the point that you are broke and too cheap to run prenium gas in your sports car. You are better off driving a corolla. Want to play gotta to pay!

Obviously you have not seen high mileage vehicles that run on regular gas vs premium gas. Keep your cheapness and lack of knowledge to yourself.
Fancy words? Ok kid I'm sorry I will use vocabulary that is much more on your obviously limited range of comprehension.

And you're right I'm cheap as in I don't needlessly spend money on something that isn't required. I don't know how in your limited mind I am both cheap and broke but it's amusing to me lol.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Getting ready to purchase my cross country sight seeing convertible used Mustang. Question 1 : does a GT really require 90+ octane? and realistically what highway mileage would one get at 80 mph? Questin 2: Since I can't locate GT with the options I want ( 401, active exhaust, safety stuff) would I regret settling for an Ecoboost?
Thanks!
Yes!!! As an old guy myself simple answer.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Getting ready to purchase my cross country sight seeing convertible used Mustang. Question 1 : does a GT really require 90+ octane? and realistically what highway mileage would one get at 80 mph? Questin 2: Since I can't locate GT with the options I want ( 401, active exhaust, safety stuff) would I regret settling for an Ecoboost?
Thanks!
1. Only if you want to be sure you maximize performance.

2. I would for sure. You might not.

But by now youā€™ve heard these answers multiple times already.

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I run premium in my '18 GT, but my wife bugs me about economy so occsionally, I'll run regular for her sake. I don't notice a performance difference in everyday driving, but I can hear the throttle noise (ping) telling me the timing's being dialed back. As an aside, never tried with the Mustang, but in my wife's 2018 Mercedes GLE 350, while on a trip, we did a comparison of fuel economy and determined that with premium, we got just enough better milage to pay for the price difference between regular and premium. Back home, the difference was not measurable. I'm thinking the GT would yield similar results.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Itā€™s about an additional $12 to use Premium on an empty tank. If I had to worry about that difference I would not have not purchased a $52000 GT with the V8. Pretty simple, I bought the GT to experience the best performance. I would like to assume the Premium has additional additives which help to keep my components cleaner but who knowsā€¦

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The only time my GT had less than 91 is the free tank I got when bought the car, and that was 6 years ago. By summer of 17, I had installed the stage 2 power pack and that requires premium fuel anyway.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I run 93 in mine. the 11 bucks difference in cost per tank full is less than a fast food lunch.
What is it with fuel that people go nuts over the prices. Ya, 93 is 69 cents more than the that 87 piss they call gas.
If I drive my stang all week it takes 9 days to go through a tank full, the 11-12 bucks every 8/9 days is a non-issue, if it is to you buy a echo and be done with it.
Now I know a v8 will use more, but most are not daily driving the drop top toy.
I will say, I tend to not do burn outs in my stang because tires are 400+ a pop.
I'll make smoke with the other car with 15" tires that are 112-120 each.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Itā€™s about an additional $12 to use Premium on an empty tank. If I had to worry about that difference I would not have not purchased a $52000 GT with the V8. Pretty simple, I bought the GT to experience the best performance. I would like to assume the Premium has additional additives which help to keep my components cleaner but who knowsā€¦
Eloquently and accurately statedā€¦

I run 93 in mine. the 11 bucks difference in cost per tank full is less than a fast food lunch.
What is it with fuel that people go nuts over the prices. Ya, 93 is 69 cents more than the that 87 piss they call gas.
If I drive my stang all week it takes 9 days to go through a tank full, the 11-12 bucks every 8/9 days is a non-issue, if it is to you buy a echo and be done with it.
Now I know a v8 will use more, but most are not daily driving the drop top toy.
I will say, I tend to not do burn outs in my stang because tires are 400+ a pop.
I'll make smoke with the other car with 15" tires that are 112-120 each.
As is this!

OP
OP

PopsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge, 2014 F150
Picked up a
Thanks!
Guys,
I picked up a 2018 GT automatic convertible, silver with under 50k miles. I need to wash the bugs off from the weekend shakedown trip before pics. I am pleased. Ms. Pops likes to make it talk as much as I do. Thanks for all the feedback.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Guys,
I picked up a 2018 GT automatic convertible, silver with under 50k miles. I need to wash the bugs off from the weekend shakedown trip before pics. I am pleased. Ms. Pops likes to make it talk as much as I do. Thanks for all the feedback.
Congrats Steve, looking forward to seeing your pics. šŸ‘šŸ‘

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the '18! Enjoy! I don't notice a big difference (but I do notice) in running regular vs premium and alternate between the two, sometimes throwing mid-grade. Not so much me as my penny-pinching wife... Sometimes I throw some Octane booster in it. right now in St. Augustine FL, premium is $.60/gal more than regular at Costco, so I'm buying Octane booster at Autozone and still coming out ahead. BTW... I'd do some gost stripes on a silver mustang!

ford-mustang-vinyl-graphics-decals-racing-stripes-fade-hood-2015-2016-2017-vgp-faded-fading-04...jpg
Sponsored