Oil Pump Gears

Jaywebs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt. 2019 c7 z06. 2019 rs5
So just finalizing my parts and pieces for my OPG and crank support install on my 2019. Bolts that fasten the oil pump to the block, are they torque to yield? Also, what about timing cover gasket? I see in many videos that there are many points of contact between the block and back of timing cover that require silicone but no mention of a gasket.
Sponsored

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
So just finalizing my parts and pieces for my OPG and crank support install on my 2019. Bolts that fasten the oil pump to the block, are they torque to yield? Also, what about timing cover gasket? I see in many videos that there are many points of contact between the block and back of timing cover that require silicone but no mention of a gasket.
Oil pump bolts are re-useable. Gasket, there are three pieces, for the timing cover is rubber and is installed in the cover. They are cheap, but I wouldn't say that you need to replace them.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Re use the oil pump bolts and if your car is relatively low mileage reuse the factory timing cover gaskets. You'll use a few dabs of silicone when reinstalling everything. That's what I did, no leaks or issues.

Also, you'll get more views in the forced induction section of the forum with a question like this.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
The oil pump housing bolts are a few different sizes but are not torque to yield. The timing cover has 3 separate gaskets. The points mentioned all will require silicone.

OP
OP
Jaywebs

Jaywebs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt. 2019 c7 z06. 2019 rs5
Thanks guys. Great info and much appreciated

Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are great videos on YouTube about the installation. I did mine a few years back and it didn't require anything but a tube of silicone to reassemble.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Easiest way to do this is using the factory manual. I use the 2016 manual that I downloaded form this site last yet.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/free-s550-repair-manuals.134712/

It is step by step and fool proof. Page 381 and 382 covers the timing cover install and gasket/sealant info.

If you want the whole cam/VCT/timing chain install, start on page 364.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just reuse the factory fasteners. The torque + angle requirements are VERY specific. Follow them to the letter. If you don't, you'll probably have issues down the road. The housing needs to go on very precisely otherwise the guts will bind slightly and create problems. So if it says an order, do it in that order, if it says 89 inch lbs, go to 89 inch lbs. If it says go to a torque and then add 45 degrees, do it exactly as laid out.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Use boss tensioners gt350 primary’s and a mmr secondary tensioner flip bracket
Sponsored