Sponsored

Oil Filter collapsing???

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Your local dealer can order you a new housing. Which begs the question....is the car sitting, with the filter uninstalled because of your damaged housing or did you reuse it in conjunction with a new filter?

This is what you need to order...

zzz20200409_152316-L.jpg

Comes with a new filter and housing...

zzz20200409_152448%280%29-L.jpg
My guy says they are on national back order with no release date....
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Glad I got on the train early then!

A lot of the items I've ordered recently have been on back order, including the springs we got.

Sure would be nice if there was an aftermarket housing with a drain on it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
My guy says they are on national back order with no release date....
My guy tells me there are 39 of them in Detroit. Hopefully now 38 lol.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
My guy tells me there are 39 of them in Detroit. Hopefully now 38 lol.
Just tried to order one for a 2019 GT350 and was told this: "Sadly, to get that on the GT350, you would have to buy it with the adapter. The canister portion is not sold separately."
Adapter--KR3Z-6881-C 543.20$ (no way!)

I have a hard time believing that. I sent them back the info on the GT500 canister and asked what the difference is. Waiting for a response.

Edit...response: "My apologies. Our catalog is actually incorrect! It shows the standard GT350 one. By build sheet it would it did spit out the correct number of KR3Z6A832A and run 56.28$. It would take us 3-4 days to get one here."

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Glad I got on the train early then!

A lot of the items I've ordered recently have been on back order, including the springs we got.

Sure would be nice if there was an aftermarket housing with a drain on it.
well..... you are good at producing aftermarket stuff....

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That is some pretty grungy looking oil in a brand new car with 1000 miles on it.

I’ll assume the shorts the tech is wearing aren’t standard issue ford garb too.

Something seems off there.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I was told that a GT500 2020, after making the oil change at aproximatelly 1,000 miles, noticed that both; the oil filter was collapsed and also the plastic black housing was a bit of heat deformed.......
His car is below the 300 production number.......
He has NOT made any performance upgrades yet......
Has anyone heard anything similar or heard about engine problems besides the knock rod or the Vegas guy with the check engine light at 45 miles???
Has there been a recall or are there any "secrets" out there with engine problems on the first production Engines?
What are the last four numbers of the VIN? You can PM me if you don't want it on the forum.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
My guy says mine arrived today. Have to go get it sometime.
Nice, I picked up mine today and used some of my FordPass points to pay for it..

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Did my second oil and filter change today with the help of the little QuickJack. Even so, the dang car sits SO low that it's still too tight for a crawler...you gotz to crawl yourself. :-)

And I don't know if that access panel for the filter was an afterthought or not but I'm sure glad it's there. It'd be a PITA otherwise.

Everything looked normal, filter was obviously used but not deformed and ditto for the housing. Don't much care for even that hard poly carbonate or whatever it is though. Got in a hurry and let the socket slip off twice. Didn't wear the corners much but it still PMO. Gotta get a six-point 27mm socket, twelve-points just don't cut it on plastic bolt heads.

Also, based on Don's recommendation, I installed one of the new versions of the Fomoto Valve and was able to turn it just enough to keep the snout above the lower body panel. Nifty device.

I was able to fill the housing about halfway with oil once the filter was installed and managed not to drip any inserting it into the block.

But I'm bushed..didn't sleep well, again, as usual, and finally got up at oh three hundred. The old geezer needs a nap. <smile>

Anyway, grabbed a couple shots for you engineers including an oil sample. :-)

2nd-oil-change_01_1920.jpg

2nd-oil-change_02_1920.jpg

2nd-oil-change_filter-closeup.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That 2nd filter should have next to nothing in terms of debris, etc, between the pleats.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
And that's pretty much what my old eyeballs saw, Tob. Underneath while draining, I could clearly see right through the stream of gold...literally. :-)

Definitely an easier oil change job than the 5.8 but I gotta make myself a note about that socket. Picked up a better funnel at The Zone today during my social distancing drive. One of the employees was standing outside smoking when I pulled up and parked as far away as I could. <smile>

He hit me the usual compliments, sold me the funnel a few minutes later after I browsed a bit. I started out when I hear, "Excuse me, sir."

I turn around and it's another employee, this time a female, and she asked if she could come see the car. Apparently the first guy said something to her and he followed us out and then came all the questions.

I'm always humored by the average gawker who really only sees the snakes and says, "Oh, a Cobra." :-) I just nod, usually.

I'm also too tired to go find the MPG thread but I filled up from half a tank and both trip confusers said,

"9.4 mpg"

<grinning>

Rather proud of that, am I, Yoda. :-)

Chow time...

PS. Since I had just passed 1000 miles, I tempted fate and spent about five or six seconds at WOT where I was pretty sure there were no..er...bystanders. Once again, the car took my breath away and thank God it shifted when it was supposed to because I was transfixed. WELL into three digits.

Shelby2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Whipple 2.9L, 2018 GT350, 2020 GT500 L0240
Hope you had the Uniden R3 in operation KB!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I most certainly did, Craig. :-) Haven't had it go off in weeks but yesterday, I got two but never saw the units. No alerts during the "test run," thankfully. <smile>
Sponsored