HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
WOw these are cool. Anything for the Ecoboost?
Sure.

But there are two things to check.

Up till today, the first was the factory drain thread size.

Second is whether any indentations or ribs on the eco oil pan will interfere with a valve since valves are wider than the drain plug, Femcos with a larger diameter circle, and Fumotos with an operating lever tower jutting out from the valve.

On the Levittown and several other Ford dealer sites I couldn't find the part number by drilling down thru year/model/engine parts/etc because for one model year they don't even list Ecoboost and for the other year the engine part page doesn't show a part number for the drain plug. But I was able to find it at LakeLand Ford; apparently they have a more up to date database. Of course Ford just gives a part number and no thread size BUT the part number is the same part number as the V8 and V6 drain plug and I know that the V8 is M12x1.75 threads because that's the threads on the valve I just installed.

But until someone who has actually installed one on an Eco, I don't know how to be sure it will fit around obstacles cast or cut into the pan. Until someone posts they did that, I'd order from Femco by phone and get an promise they will refund and pay to return it if it won't clear the topology of the pan.
Sponsored

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Sure.

But there are two things to check.

Up till today, the first was the factory drain thread size.

Second is whether any indentations or ribs on the eco oil pan will interfere with a valve since valves are wider than the drain plug, Femcos with a larger diameter circle, and Fumotos with an operating lever tower jutting out from the valve.

On the Levittown and several other Ford dealer sites I couldn't find the part number by drilling down thru year/model/engine parts/etc because for one model year they don't even list Ecoboost and for the other year the engine part page doesn't show a part number for the drain plug. But I was able to find it at LakeLand Ford; apparently they have a more up to date database. Of course Ford just gives a part number and no thread size BUT the part number is the same part number as the V8 and V6 drain plug and I know that the V8 is M12x1.75 threads because that's the threads on the valve I just installed.

But until someone who has actually installed one on an Eco, I don't know how to be sure it will fit around obstacles cast or cut into the pan. Until someone posts they did that, I'd order from Femco by phone and get an promise they will refund and pay to return it if it won't clear the topology of the pan.
I changed my oil a few time and there is virtually no scrape or damage on the pan. The oil plug location is very similar to the V6.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I changed my oil a few time and there is virtually no scrape or damage on the pan. The oil plug location is very similar to the V6.
The post you quoted didn't have anything to do with ground clearance.

But I agree that for 99% of owners, scraping the factory drain plug like Coaster would just as he did with a valve, is very unlikely. After all, there are other nearby parts of the car even lower than the oil pan and had to take a worse beating than the drain. And the Eco and V6 drains are horizontal so above the bottom of the pan. Couldn't really hit them without grinding thru the pan first. LoL

Route_66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Conv. PP
I'd recommend this:

https://www.stahlbus-us.com/

Fine German quality. Have used this drain plug a few thousand miles on my lowered Mustang GT Convertible (KW V3 Kit) and no issues so far. However, I have the G-Trac K-Member Brace from Steeda installed and it gives some kind of cover to my drain plug. This brace is closest to the surface and in case of any bumps you don't scratch the drain plug.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Route_66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Conv. PP
My personal experience with the Stahlbus drain plug is fine - see above. Mine does not stuck out too much from the pan as the G-Trac K-Member Brace from Steeda is lowest to the ground and my car is lowered.

I agree that the price they charge from US cutomers is ridiculous.
In their German online shop it's only 34.95 EUROS including 19% VAT for the drain plug that fits your Mustang GT MY 2016:
https://www.stahlbus.de/lng/en/oil-...s-oil-drain-valve-m12x175x12mm-steel-set.html
For you guys in the US, 19% VAT should not apply. Price should be then about 29.37 EUROS (approx. $32.86 USD). So why not order it there and ship it to the US?

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
I used an Aeroquip on my Evo X and loved it. Used a quick disconnect system on the drain, so no threads on either side to bugger up, and not made of soft brass.

adapters-quickdrain.png

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I used an Aeroquip on my Evo X and loved it. Used a quick disconnect system on the drain, so no threads on either side to bugger up, and not made of soft brass.

Dammit. Wish id have saw these before i literally just placed my order. I just came here to say i ordered one finally too. First oil change at 1000 miles is due in a couple hundred miles.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Just did the first oil change with the Femco in place on the GF's TL. While trying to engage the first thread of the drain fitting, the oil fitting leaked a little oil. I thought it strange that it wouldn't allow at least one thread to engage before opening the checkvalve.

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB

adapters-quickdrain.png
Lost C... & M3Convert,
How has this Aeroquip connector worked out in actual use for you? Any small cons at all?

HoosierDaddy,
Had you seen these when you were doing your extensive research (and thanks for all of it!)? Do you have any comments on this option functionally? I know is costs more at $72.

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
Lost C... & M3Convert,
How has this Aeroquip connector worked out in actual use for you? Any small cons at all?

HoosierDaddy,
Had you seen these when you were doing your extensive research (and thanks for all of it!)? Do you have any comments on this option functionally? I know is costs more at $72.
I am shopping too. I just posted the link as a public service as I hadn't seen these either and wanted to check if the size was available.

They also have the quick brake line disconnects if you need a quick caliper swap too! A snip at 350!

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
HoosierDaddy,
I personally wouldn't spend that much more to avoid screwing on a drainer instead of snapping one on.

But I did request information from Aerotech last week about the pan thread length on their devices. For a mostly vertical drain like the Coyote I want threads that don't extend into the pan because it will reduce the amount of oil that can drain.

Now clearly that is not a high priority for many or companies like Aerotech would offer different thread lengths. And it might not be a concern for me anyway because the Aerotech may have 9mm thread length. 9mm is the thickness of the drain boss plus the washer (what I call it) that goes between the valve and the pan. Femco offers numerous thread lengths for many thread sizes, including the 5.0's.

And in addition to price (and unlikely much too long of threads) I would prefer Femco's threaded drainer simply because I haven't had problems with threads in general but have had issues with older air and water quick connects which I assume are similar in function to the Aerotech (or Femco's snap-on versions). But I think that too is a very minor point as a oil drain valve would be used so few times in its life that any age related problems would be extremely unlikely.

Glad I already have mine and don't have to juggle a decision on which to order (assuming the Aerotech has reasonable thread length).

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
I personally wouldn't spend that much more to avoid screwing on a drainer instead of snapping one on.

... I would prefer Femco's threaded drainer simply because I haven't had problems with threads in general but have had issues with older air and water quick connects which I assume are similar in function to the Aerotech (or Femco's snap-on versions). But I think that too is a very minor point as a oil drain valve would be used so few times in its life that any age related problems would be extremely unlikely.
Nor sure I'd spend the extra, but another advantage over other types of quick connects is that this one is always lubricated, so corrosion (esp. w/ water cons.) should not be an issue. :)

Thanks for your continuing research on this topic for the community!

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Just wanted to chime in here re: fumoto valve on the ecoboost. The F107S will fit the drain hole, however the drain hole is inset a bit into the pan so you cannot screw the fumoto valve all the way in due to the lever hitting the protruding part of the pan. You will also need the ADP 107 adapter - screw this into the pan, then the valve into the adaptor, so the valve lever will clear the pan when everything is screwed all the way on.
Sponsored