Sponsored

Oil Consumption

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
Hi. Im sure this has been asked before.

Some members seem to have a relationship with Ford technical experts. My 2016 R model started out with no oil loss per 1000. Then suddenly was a quart every 1000 mile, for 6000 mile run. Then mysteriously 800 mile and no oil loss.

so now the dealer is looking at it and waiting on ford technical to tell them what to do (nothing I hope). So whats the average turn around to get a official ford response?

Sorry I may not be using the right terms. I have been away from this for a while.

Any feed back would bee appreciated. Right now its not certain when the Ford dealer will receive comment or instructions from Ford. In the meantime it feels like my GT350R is being held hostage.
Sponsored

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
A quart every 1k miles is very reasonable consumption. It also depends a lot on the kind of driving you do. If you flog the car hard at 7k RPM all the time it'll eat more oil than if you cruise 60,mph in 6th gear.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
A quart every 1k miles is very reasonable consumption. It also depends a lot on the kind of driving you do. If you flog the car hard at 7k RPM all the time it'll eat more oil than if you cruise 60,mph in 6th gear.

Meh, I don't think that statement can be applied to this car. Many of track rats not using any oil and many DD's soaking it up.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Someone on here speculated that it could be the combination of higher RPM and light load that causes the engines to use more oil. I.e. people cruising around on the streets with the engine at super high RPM. That theory makes sense to me.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Meh, I don't think that statement can be applied to this car. Many of track rats not using any oil and many DD's soaking it up.
Fair enough. I should have caveated that such has been my personal experience, but that might be just my car.
Sponsored