Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

carter242000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford mustang ecoboost base model
The Tesla unit was kind of a fad. Some still have it and like it, but there isn't a lot of new/renewed interest. The 8' unit looks closest to stock, has the best hardware, and is supposed to land in the $350 range.
A fad?? Lmao just installed today. 3 yrs later

Sponsored

dougal19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
I've just posted a thread on how to hide the A/C controls and nav bar on the screen, it's pretty easy to do and only requires a laptop and WiFi hotspot.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've just posted a thread on how to hide the A/C controls and nav bar on the screen, it's pretty easy to do and only requires a laptop and WiFi hotspot.
What I want to know, is how to Program the two main dials to control Temperature and Fan Speed respectively, instead of only the radio volume and station/song advance.

Not only to program the dials, but ensure the steering wheel radio control buttons for radio volume and station advance do stay the same.

Is there a way to do this?

dougal19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
What I want to know, is how to Program the two main dials to control Temperature and Fan Speed respectively, instead of only the radio volume and station/song advance.

Not only to program the dials, but ensure the steering wheel radio control buttons for radio volume and station advance do stay the same.

Is there a way to do this?
Not that I've found yet. That's probably something that Phoenix would have to integrate, or maybe Sergey's custom firmware could do (if he programmed it in). Using Gamepad Tester it shows that the two dials are recognised by Android as keyboard buttons, but I don't know of a way to change their function. It may be possible using AutoInput and Tasker, but I've not yet spent too long trying it out.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
How did you manage a return? I can't get a response from Phoenix Automotive.
If you bough it with paypal you can get them involved they allow you to dispute charges for 180 days. And as a ebay seller I can tell you paypal will almost always side with the buyer.

Sponsored

kilakushan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My review after a year of having it. Bought in August 2019. PX6

Had all the problems since I preordered it when it first came out before they said they fixed the bugs (rear camera stuck in cold weather, etc). It was cool while it lasted.

Eventually ended up getting a hardware issue of vertical lines on the screen around May.

They never responded to me via email or Facebook with a good answer until I threatened to file a claim then, I got a callback realllll fast. Ended up returning it for repairs but they just refunded my paypal.

Might buy another one. It’s cheaper now then when I first got it.

tl;dr it’s a piece of crap but it’s a cool flex. returns to company are awful and I highly recommend buying via paypal Credit so you are covered for your purchases for a year.
C70C110C-6E38-437C-BCE1-D61F1DF5E9B4.jpeg
D5D81ADC-8FA6-451E-B033-E4DDC285857D.jpeg

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
My review after a year of having it. Bought in August 2019. PX6

Had all the problems since I preordered it when it first came out before they said they fixed the bugs (rear camera stuck in cold weather, etc). It was cool while it lasted.

Eventually ended up getting a hardware issue of vertical lines on the screen around May.

They never responded to me via email or Facebook with a good answer until I threatened to file a claim then, I got a callback realllll fast. Ended up returning it for repairs but they just refunded my paypal.

Might buy another one. It’s cheaper now then when I first got it.

tl;dr it’s a piece of crap but it’s a cool flex. returns to company are awful and I highly recommend buying via paypal Credit so you are covered for your purchases for a year.
I tried they dont have the option to pay with paypal at all anymore(if you are buying the phenoix ones from them which is only place to get the newest one)They say they can take payment with amazon pay but I cant get it to work. I called them to ask if they had any in stock and they said no. they ship them all from china so will be a month wait. I asked then how they are a business that sells these and they have none? really got no answer. She then said but we have lots of open box returns in if you want one of those they are 200 off. I said open box? she said yes ones people returned. That shoud be a clue.... IM an idiot I bought it anyway..new.. but got the warranty if thats does any good who knows. They have it where you have to use your credit card now IM guessing just so you cant open cases against them. But most credit cards have a 3 year product replacement service as part of the member perks so... I figured why not. had a code that took 70 bucks off price.

kilakushan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I tried they dont have the option to pay with pal at all anymore(if you are buying the phenoix ones from them which is only place to get the newest one)They say they can take payment with amazon pay but I cant get it to work. I called them to ask if they had any in stock and they said no. theyship them all from china so wil be a month wait. I asked then hwo tey are a business that sells these and they have none? really got no answer. She then said but we have lots of open box returns in if you want one of those they are 200 off. I said open box? she said yes ones people returned. That shoud be a clue.... IM an idiot i bought it anyway..new.. but got the warranty if thats does any good who knows. They have it where you have to use your credit card now IM guessing just so you cant open cases against them. But most credit cards have a 3 year product replacement service as part of the member perks so... I figured why not. had a code that took 70 bucks off price.
LOL took a while to digest what you were saying.

They must have JUST stopped paypal cause of all the claims.

Open box is questionable. Good luck.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
LOL took a while to digest what you were saying.

They must have JUST stopped paypal cause of all the claims.

Open box is questionable. Good luck.
LOL you quoted me to quick , I went back and fixed it a bit IM not the best at typeing :) yeah I skipped the open box . I figured The product is a year or two at best thing and thats when its new. I sure dont want a open box returned by someone. she said they test them all to make sure the functions work.... IM like you hook up and install all of these to test the functions on every brand of car you sell them for? I was met with silence.... IM sure buying an open box is just buying someone elses problem. I read the groups on facebok and most seem to enjoy theirs. of the thousands of people in the groups only a few claim theirs has failed so we will see. IM totally expecting to be flushing 630 bucks down the drain but who knows. Most people say the new ones all seem to work fairly well. they are just a bitch to set up cause they dont come with any instructions what so ever.

It comes with a 1 year warranty so unless they are just lairs they should replace it. or in your case refund it like they did.

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
Hey mate...just curious how did you go with the install and if you are happy with it and if it does all the functions as the stock one.
Sponsored