Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Voice Command Button absolutely still controls SYNC.

You could also use the Radio Tuner on the Phoenix unit rather than the SYNC radio if you dont like the color.
True. I wonder if there's a way to edit that though. That way I have the same app for the radio and my music on the thumb drive. Although with 64GB Nand, I could just put all my albums on the Nand itself.
Sponsored

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost, 2013 Focus ST, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
True. I wonder if there's a way to edit that though. That way I have the same app for the radio and my music on the thumb drive. Although with 64GB Nand, I could just put all my albums on the Nand itself.
It just code, so there has to be away to change the color. I know there are themes and skins for other px6 units like for the infiniti's. I don't think a lot of units are sold so far, so not a lot of updates yet.

I am using Amazon Echo Auto via the units bluetooth, which I recommend. I think im done making usb lists/cd's. 'Alexa play music I like,' or 'Alexa play spotify' is just so easy. You can also say 'Alexa call' rather then the sync voice button.

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I got it 3 weeks ago. The delivery was delayed due to the bad screen issue.
Ok, so no issues so far? I am having my 3rd sent to me. The first 2 (july and aug) were in the bad batch and died a quick death.

Any light bleed around the edges? Any flickering when the alternator is running?

Trude1400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Basic PP US-Version
My concern is that it replaces critical components like the hvac controls and the start button with chinese components of unknown/questionable reliability.

That's why I like the Tomtop unit, it replaces only the stereo. If it breaks down, only your stereo doesn't work, no big deal. If the tesla unit breaks down, you can't turn on your heater and you might not even be able to start your car.

I am hoping that somebody comes up with a unit identical to the tomtop unit but that works with the 2019+ cars.
Hi Jimmy,
It seems thsg I hzvd a TomGop in my 2018 GT.
Have you had one before as I am looking for a manual.
BR
Rene

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so no issues so far? I am having my 3rd sent to me. The first 2 (july and aug) were in the bad batch and died a quick death.

Any light bleed around the edges? Any flickering when the alternator is running?
All is good so far. I haven't seen any bleed or flickering.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Hi Jimmy,
It seems thsg I hzvd a TomGop in my 2018 GT.
Have you had one before as I am looking for a manual.
BR
Rene
I never had one but it's my understanding that manuals for them don't exist. They were made in China and came with no manual/instructions (as is often the case with stuff from chinese manufacturers).

madwarren

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 MT
I just purchased the PX6 for my 2019 Mustang GT (base model) and I can't get any audio to work, no steering wheel controls, can't control any audio levels, and no backup camera. I've reached out to Phoenix and waiting to hear back. I have everything hooked up that they gave me. Anybody had similar issues with the PX6 model?

Sponsored

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I just purchased the PX6 for my 2019 Mustang GT (base model) and I can't get any audio to work, no steering wheel controls, can't control any audio levels, and no backup camera. I've reached out to Phoenix and waiting to hear back. I have everything hooked up that they gave me. Anybody had similar issues with the PX6 model?
I've installed three on them, what are you seeing?

Sync is still there, the px6 is just an input. First guess is the cables from the oem sync module did not get clicked back into place

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport

If you cant even get the radio you definitely want to check and make sure everything is plugged in on your SYNC module.

I had a similar issue but it would only play the radio, no BT music or BT from the PX6. You're going to have to do the MCU update. I did the same on my 19 GT base and eveything works now. Below is the dropbox link they sent me for the file and instructions. It was easy, didnt take long at all. Mine works as it should now.

** With Vehicle Engine Running
MCU File -
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w2fkp01h...l=0&preview=RL7A.bin&subfolder_nav_tracking=1
**with Vehicle Engine Running
Put File on USB Flash Drive
Plug in USB Flash Drive (a USB icon Should popup At the top Right corner)
Go to Settings (Gear Icon at the top)
on the Left side is System Info
Press MCU Upgrade
Press MCU Upgrade again
Loading Bar for Update should pop up
let it load all the way, the Screen will go black then come up again
Disconnect the USB Flash Drive
then do a Reboot (hold down home button)

madwarren

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 MT
If you cant even get the radio you definitely want to check and make sure everything is plugged in on your SYNC module.

I had a similar issue but it would only play the radio, no BT music or BT from the PX6. You're going to have to do the MCU update. I did the same on my 19 GT base and eveything works now. Below is the dropbox link they sent me for the file and instructions. It was easy, didnt take long at all. Mine works as it should now.

** With Vehicle Engine Running
MCU File -
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w2fkp01hsja8sx4/AAC3U4h4h-ITJKl1zkoWfnSza/Kovan/px6/MCU/RL7A_KWY_E041Y fix mustang 4.2 inch sync3 no display?dl=0&preview=RL7A.bin&subfolder_nav_tracking=1
**with Vehicle Engine Running
Put File on USB Flash Drive
Plug in USB Flash Drive (a USB icon Should popup At the top Right corner)
Go to Settings (Gear Icon at the top)
on the Left side is System Info
Press MCU Upgrade
Press MCU Upgrade again
Loading Bar for Update should pop up
let it load all the way, the Screen will go black then come up again
Disconnect the USB Flash Drive
then do a Reboot (hold down home button)
Thank you so much! First of all I was a noob and completely forgot to hook up the sync module. I had the same issues that you had after the install, so I updated the MCU from the file link you provided, and everything works perfectly! Thanks again!

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've installed three on them, what are you seeing?

Sync is still there, the px6 is just an input. First guess is the cables from the oem sync module did not get clicked back into place
If I really like using the Sync system, do I really need the $40 Android Auto built in addition with the PX6?

Android Auto seems pretty neat. I just don't know if I really need it.

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
If I really like using the Sync system, do I really need the $40 Android Auto built in addition with the PX6?

Android Auto seems pretty neat. I just don't know if I really need it.
I chose the AA option and I've only used it once. It only uses half the screen and really just looks like the SYNC 3 version of AA.

The plus is u dont have to turn on your mobile hotspot and kill your phone battery, but it's not a big deal.
Sponsored