2019 GT350
Any video of the LTH one yet?
Sponsored

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
No, spacing on the GT and GT350 are different. It would require fabrication to fit.
Besides, 2.5" is a bad size and causes harmonic issues on the GT350s I had and heard from others.
Ok thanks. won't do it

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
The issue you had I also experienced. The shop used 2.5" pipe on my first GT350. This causes harmonic resonance issues. I took it back and redid the resonator delete with the stock X using 2.75" pipe like the GT350R has and it fixed the flapping pie tin sound. It sounds EXACTLY like my new GT350R sounds now. (makes sense because it is the same size pipe and dimensions)

LTH makes a 2.75" resonator delete that people have tired and say sounds good. It replaces the Stock OEM X pipe. This is a good option if you dont want to go to a muffler shop and do it yourself.

I went to a Shelby meetup and asked the other people there that had Corsa Double Helix X pipes, and half said they experienced a drop in throttle response but it went away if the car is custom tuned. Another guy said he didnt notice it, but he was running a Pedal Commander... so not stock. I am pretty sensitive with my butt dyno so I noticed the drop in response. I dont think everyone will notice this if they are less sensitive.

Sponsored

Hunter9003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black; 2018 F150 STX
Just had my local ford install the lethal performance resonator delete X pipe on my 2017 GT350.

They actually had some larger clamps to fit it and reused the stock heat shield above it.

Sounds awesome in sport mode! It’s the same sound, just louder when you want it to be

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if this has been asked before. Which aftermarket x-pipe sounds the closet to an R?

Saltiez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if this has been asked before. Which aftermarket x-pipe sounds the closet to an R?
LTH x-pipe which can be bought from Lethal Performance.

It has the exact same pipe diameter of 2.75 as the stock R resonator delete, and it's cheap.

Last edited:

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
So my buddy and I installed the LTH recently. Did a "cruise" with some appropriately social distanced car buddies. Lots of goodness out..... Mercedes AMG GTR, Lotus Evora, various Porsche, Hellcat Redeye wide-body, C7 Z06, etc.... About two hours of driving on twisties with speeds that required 5th gear I'll leave it at that.

Lots of chance to use and hear the difference with the LTH and stock. Short review is it's AWESOME. I would say 20-30% louder is fairly accurate. By no means would I call it obnoxiously loud it's just right. I'd say stock is say 2.5 of 5 loud this is probably 3 or 3.5 out of 5 with 5 being "Holy Shit" loud and 1 being average sports car loud. For reference my catless, Borla ATAK Hellcat is 6/5 loud. It's stupid loud. This is nowhere near that.

The tone, sound, rasp pick your adjective...is to me much like the stock just turned up and with some smile producing add ons. For example the rolling burbly pops it now produces are great. Under deceleration with light throttle it burbles and burbles. Rev matched down shifts are FANTASTIC.

Performance wise no loss of power, no loss of throttle response or speed and in fact much to my surprise it feels like it produces more torque down low which is great. That honestly surprised me and I wouldn't believe it either unless I drove it....and well I did. Other than low end torque I'd say performance is overall the same.

For 178 bucks shipped ya can't go wrong. I ordered from Lethal Performance and got it two days later. Had no idea LTH is right down the road from me in SC lol.

I'll try and get some video in the coming weeks. Today was about the drive and required driver focus. Installing Lethal Perf X pipe on my buddies this week to. So try to produce some side by sides. Just be patient we are under lock down remember. :)
I have to bite...what scenario requires 5th gear for twisties?

Last edited:

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
I have to bite...what scenario requires 5th gear for twisties?
portions of the road and turns that if you were in 4th gear you would be past redline because you would be going to fast for any other gear. With out publicly admitting to a specific speed it translates to VERY fast.

Sponsored

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
portions of the road and turns that if you were in 4th gear you would be past redline because you would be going to fast for any other gear. With out publicly admitting to a specific speed it translates to VERY fast.
Are you running the stock 3.73s?

If you are, that would mean you are redlining 4th gear at a speed of 185mph. I highly doubt you are doing that anywhere besides an airstrip, and definitely not around any sort of twistie...

Last edited:

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you running the stock 3.73s?

If you are, that would mean you are redlining 4th gear at a speed of 185mph. I highly doubt you are doing that anywhere besides an airstrip, and definitely not around any sort of twistie...
IT's a 2019 I don't actually know the gear ratio on the GT350. But I'm pretty positive I have to go into 5th gear at a much lower speed than that. I've had the car up over 155 and I'm pretty sure that required 5th. In my mind I'm positive.... But I'll double check for ya this weekend when I hit the NC mountains. I've found that math derived gear speeds arent' as accurate as you'd think. For example on my Hellcat with 2.62 gears it shifts to 7th gear right around 196mph (That was on an airstrip). I always thought you would run out of gear with 3.09s until I saw a 3.09 gear car go 209mph on the same runway. Anyway. I'll let ya know.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just looked at my last data log on HP tuners for 93 octane 2-4 gear pulls. 2nd to 3rd at 8254 rpm was 77mph an 3rd to 4th at 8015 RPM was 106 mph. Sorry but 4th ain't making it to 186 mph. In fact I believe its just a bit past 120 or 130 mph. But again I'll verify. I'm pretty sure going through 155mph I was getting ready to grab sixth gear.

IMG_2690.jpg
IMG_2691.jpg

Last edited:

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06