Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Does the corsa double x sound stock in quiet mode?
It is noticeably louder at cold start, but then it quiets back down to "almost" the same when driving. When you get on it in Normal mode and the valves open a bit, it sounds pretty darn good. Hit Sport mode and it really comes alive... :sunglasses:

Sponsored

UXXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
a question for people know better than me:
What's the difference between an X pipe resonator delete and straight pipe?

As far as I know, the car already has an X pipe before the resonators. So just cutting the resonators and welding straight pipes (2.5 I think?)
vs
cutting the factors X pipe and resonators, replace with an aftermarket X pipe?

What's the difference? Price-wise, it's hundreds. Performance, sound?

Thanks,

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The GT350 has the resonator. My x-pipe from Lethal Performance goes in tomorrow.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
a question for people know better than me:
What's the difference between an X pipe resonator delete and straight pipe?

As far as I know, the car already has an X pipe before the resonators. So just cutting the resonators and welding straight pipes (2.5 I think?)
vs
cutting the factors X pipe and resonators, replace with an aftermarket X pipe?

What's the difference? Price-wise, it's hundreds. Performance, sound?

Thanks,
Well this depends.

So the GT350 and R both have the same X pipe. This provides scavenging affect with the FPC firing order.
The X pipe is smaller and causes increased velocity. The EXIT of the X pipe is 2.25" OD so 2.5" pipe fits right over it.

On the R, it goes right from 2.5" out of the X to 2.75" OD pipe within one inch length. This fixes much of the harmonic issues that can occur when you use just 2.5" the whole way. That said. the GT350 uses 2.5" ID resonators, but due to the baffling it does not have harmonic issues and sounds nice and deep.

I would not suggest using 2.5" straight pipe. Mine sounded like a flapping pie tin at 3500 rpm. I later went with 2.75" pipe and that fixed the issue. 3" pipe also does not have the harmonic issue. I really like the sound of the MBRP 3" X pipe if you dont want to weld in straight pipe. Close to stock tone, but with all the volume and pops you want ;)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
"Mine sounded like a flapping pie tin............."

So you've had the misfortune of meeting my ex wife .............:cwl:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Is it 10:00 yet ? :wink:

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
At my age, your young lady would be the death of me. :wink:

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
I had my buddies at Larkin Motors (a small veteran owned shop that does a lot for local vets) install the Lethal Performance resonator delete last week.

And it was worth it.

While the sound loudness didn't change a whole lot (it is louder but not OMG louder), the sound of the engines snaps, burbles, pops and such are much more clear and the sound of the GT350 is now much more akin to a track car...

Worth every penny.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I had my buddies at Larkin Motors (a small veteran owned shop that does a lot for local vets) install the Lethal Performance resonator delete last week.

And it was worth it.

While the sound loudness didn't change a whole lot (it is louder but not OMG louder), the sound of the engines snaps, burbles, pops and such are much more clear and the sound of the GT350 is now much more akin to a track car...

Worth every penny.
Nice, glad that you like it. I get confused with the different resonators from Lethal Performance because there is a H-pipe one that is 2.75" and a X-pipe which is 3". It seems like people refer to them both as Lethal Performance resonators so I never which one they mean. I will be going with the 2.75" one because it is cheaper and from what people say it sounds just like the GT350R which is what I want. I like the OEM sound.

I am planning to get my resonators deleted and was wondering where to go as I am new to the area. I am glad that you mentioned Larkin Motors is a small veteran owned shop and that they help out other vets. I am involved with the local veteran community at my school. I am so thankful for veterans that lookout for each other, as I would not be here if nobody helped me. I do my best to keep the cycle going and will continue to help out once I get into my profession. I will definitely be taking my car to them for the resonator delete.

This the 2.75" resonator I'll be getting (H-pipe I believe): https://www.lethalperformance.com/lth-fdrd00002t-resonator-delete-for-16-19-gt350.html

The is the 3" resonator (X-pipe?): https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-stainless-steel-resonator-delete-x-pipe.html

They both are on the lethal performance website so I never now which one people are referring to.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
Nice, glad that you like it. I get confused with the different resonators from Lethal Performance because there is a H-pipe one that is 2.75" and a X-pipe which is 3". It seems like people refer to them both as Lethal Performance resonators so I never which one they mean. I will be going with the 2.75" one because it is cheaper and from what people say it sounds just like the GT350R which is what I want. I like the OEM sound.

I am planning to get my resonators deleted and was wondering where to go as I am new to the area. I am glad that you mentioned Larkin Motors is a small veteran owned shop and that they help out other vets. I am involved with the local veteran community at my school. I am so thankful for veterans that lookout for each other, as I would not be here if nobody helped me. I do my best to keep the cycle going and will continue to help out once I get into my profession. I will definitely be taking my car to them for the resonator delete.

This the 2.75" resonator I'll be getting (H-pipe I believe): https://www.lethalperformance.com/lth-fdrd00002t-resonator-delete-for-16-19-gt350.html

The is the 3" resonator (X-pipe?): https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-stainless-steel-resonator-delete-x-pipe.html

They both are on the lethal performance website so I never now which one people are referring to.
The H listed is from Long Tube Headers (LTH), and I'd love to hear some sound from it.

The 3" resonator, is what I installed (from Lethal directly).

I've had both the H and X on my 2016 GT Premium. The way they sounded to me:

H: more muscle car
X: more track car

I haven't tried the H on my GT350 because the X sounds perfect.

My 2004 Cobra was an X from Bassani and that car sounded like Satan laughing every time I downshifted... not too far from the GT350.
Sponsored