Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Any sound clips from LTH installs? That looks to be a 2.75 inch piping and from what I'm reading the most "R" sounding? I love the stock exhaust. Not interested in changing the sound to much just want more volume in sport mode. Gonna order something this week for a good corona project.

Also any concerns with not reusing the heat shields? I saw another member was able to repurpose them on the LTH. Just wondering how needed they are or aren't. One less thing to rattle if I don't need it.
The heat shields are specifically for the resonators because they put off a lot of heat. When you replace them with any kind of pipe, the shields are not needed. I took mine off and have not had any issues.
Sponsored

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
The heat shields are specifically for the resonators because they put off a lot of heat. When you replace them with any kind of pipe, the shields are not needed. I took mine off and have not had any issues.
Ahhhh interesting. Thanks!

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Any sound clips from LTH installs? That looks to be a 2.75 inch piping and from what I'm reading the most "R" sounding? I love the stock exhaust. Not interested in changing the sound to much just want more volume in sport mode. Gonna order something this week for a good corona project.

Also any concerns with not reusing the heat shields? I saw another member was able to repurpose them on the LTH. Just wondering how needed they are or aren't. One less thing to rattle if I don't need it.
There is a Youtube click out there, but I was in a Facebook thread and heard the LTH and it sounded great to me. I think the consensus in various threads is the heat shields are not needed. I will likely try to reuse mine.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks found a couple sound bites. It's 304 stainless just like the lethal perf, it sounds great and it was only 178 bucks shipped from ......lethal performance ironically. It's a 2.75 inch vice 3 for the Lethal and MBRP. Ordered it. No brainer for me. My buddy just ordered the Lethal Perf X pipe so soon we will have a side by side.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Thanks found a couple sound bites. It's 304 stainless just like the lethal perf, it sounds great and it was only 178 bucks shipped from ......lethal performance ironically. It's a 2.75 inch vice 3 for the Lethal and MBRP. Ordered it. No brainer for me. My buddy just ordered the Lethal Perf X pipe so soon we will have a side by side.
Post up a side by side!

Sponsored

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L

Ford puts the heat shields on both the GT350 and the GT350R. It looks like they are protecting the seals and bearings on the 2 piece drive shaft that we have. They dont weigh much. I put them back on with stainless zip ties. Worked well and doesn't vibrate.

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
It seem to be difficult to tell much of a difference between the Lethal version and the Corsa one in videos I have watched online. Makes it difficult to go with the more expensive Corsa.

Thoughts?

I had the Lethal version on my 2018 GT PP before pairing it with the Corsa Extreme axleback and had no issues with the quality or anything. I am itching to pull the trigger on something!

Help!

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
It seem to be difficult to tell much of a difference between the Lethal version and the Corsa one in videos I have watched online. Makes it difficult to go with the more expensive Corsa.

Thoughts?
I was like you and a decision was hard, I did get to hear the Corsa X delete from a member here that was local, as it was noticeably louder then stock, one factor to your benefit it is also the longest system of all the deletes....so if you try the lethal, LTH or any other you can still go the Corsa without any pipe issues...going back is another problem.
After watching many videos they start to sound similar but the Corsa ended up with a higher pitch tone, as I knew that already...then the shorter X pipes. Some X pipes are 2.5, the LTH is 2.75 and other like Corsa and Lethal are 3".
I didin't see the LTH GT350 x pipe before I bought the Corsa, but I do like the idea that it's 2.75 dia pipe and is the closest to the GT350 R model setup and it's less the $200....I could have tried that first, and if I didn't like it, the Corsa could still be added.
A few here noted about a interior resonance with the Lethal X...and others have noted the Corsa has less throttle response, although I haven't experienced that yet.
As far as you GT exhaust goes, I will say that my 15' GT/PP had a Corsa extreme cat back and I was very happy with it, The 5.0 motor sound is different and what exhaust sounded good on the Coyote might not be the same on the Voodoo....just saying

Last edited:

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I was like you and a decision was hard, I did get to hear the Corsa X delete from a member here that was local, as it was noticeably louder then stock, one factor to your benefit it is also the longest system of all the deletes....so if you try the lethal, LTH or any other you can still go the Corsa without any pipe issues...going back is another problem.
After watching many videos they start to sound similar but the Corsa ended up with a higher pitch tone, as I knew that already...then the shorter X pipes. Some X pipes are 2.5, the LTH is 2.75 and other like Corsa and Lethal are 3".
I didin't see the LTH GT350 x pipe before I bought the Corsa, but I do like the idea that it's 2.75 dia pipe and is the closest to the GT350 R model setup and it's less the $200....I could have tried that first, and if I didn't like it, the Corsa could still be added.
A few here noted about a interior resonance with the Lethal X...and others have noted the Corsa has less throttle response, although I haven't experienced that yet.
As far as you GT exhaust goes, I will say that my 15' GT/PP had a Corsa extreme cat back and I was very happy with it, The 5.0 motor sound is different and what exhaust sounded good on the Coyote might not be the same on the Voodoo....just saying
Thank you for the feedback! Lethal has the Corsa on sale for $535 right now... may have to pull the trigger!

There is also Corsa part #14348 - https://www.corsaperformance.com/co...0-extreme-cat-back-14348?variant=624054829072

Has anyone run this or heard it in person before?

Last edited:

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Has anyone run this or heard it in person before?
I would like to hear that myself...but with the increase in sound just from the Double X, I like the fact that I can still go to quiet mode with the stock mufflers....to bad Corsa dosen't make there mufflers to accept the active exhaust modules....

Sponsored

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my buddy and I installed the LTH recently. Did a "cruise" with some appropriately social distanced car buddies. Lots of goodness out..... Mercedes AMG GTR, Lotus Evora, various Porsche, Hellcat Redeye wide-body, C7 Z06, etc.... About two hours of driving on twisties with speeds that required 5th gear I'll leave it at that.

Lots of chance to use and hear the difference with the LTH and stock. Short review is it's AWESOME. I would say 20-30% louder is fairly accurate. By no means would I call it obnoxiously loud it's just right. I'd say stock is say 2.5 of 5 loud this is probably 3 or 3.5 out of 5 with 5 being "Holy Shit" loud and 1 being average sports car loud. For reference my catless, Borla ATAK Hellcat is 6/5 loud. It's stupid loud. This is nowhere near that.

The tone, sound, rasp pick your adjective...is to me much like the stock just turned up and with some smile producing add ons. For example the rolling burbly pops it now produces are great. Under deceleration with light throttle it burbles and burbles. Rev matched down shifts are FANTASTIC.

Performance wise no loss of power, no loss of throttle response or speed and in fact much to my surprise it feels like it produces more torque down low which is great. That honestly surprised me and I wouldn't believe it either unless I drove it....and well I did. Other than low end torque I'd say performance is overall the same.

For 178 bucks shipped ya can't go wrong. I ordered from Lethal Performance and got it two days later. Had no idea LTH is right down the road from me in SC lol.

I'll try and get some video in the coming weeks. Today was about the drive and required driver focus. Installing Lethal Perf X pipe on my buddies this week to. So try to produce some side by sides. Just be patient we are under lock down remember. :)

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered the LTH from Lethal. I expect that I will love the sound, but if not it isn't that much money and I can move on to the Corsa. Will update this thread once it has been received and installed!

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
sorry if this question has been asked before, read all thread but didn't find a definitive answer. Can I use a 2.5'' Xpipe resonator delete that I had had for my GT that I never put on.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
sorry if this question has been asked before, read all thread but didn't find a definitive answer. Can I use a 2.5'' Xpipe resonator delete that I had had for my GT that I never put on.
No, spacing on the GT and GT350 are different. It would require fabrication to fit.
Besides, 2.5" is a bad size and causes harmonic issues on the GT350s I had and heard from others.
Sponsored

Reactions: izo