Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
MBRP is 3" , can be found on sale for much less then the rest, and is a high quality piece. Take a look at the crossover portion and compare. I have it and spent much less getting it during a sale. Would sound similar to the other 3" options.
Sponsored

Last edited:

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
TDC..The Corsa's sound is what I expected, the stock open exhaust sounds so quiet in comparison. Thanks for taking the time to meet up,
well I have now done 2.5” muffler shop weld in resonator delete and the corsa double helix x pipe... And stock.

I have done 4 setups for resonator delete. Each x pipe sounds different. Hear them in person if you can. YouTube and microphones DO NOT do it justice.

I tired 2.5” straight pipe welded in. It was pretty loud. Loudest I’ve heard besides long tube headers and very raspy.

Corsa double x is pretty quiet inside and deep. Only about 20% louder than stock and a little raspy on the outside.

Some shops advertise for $50, but most are not using stainless and it will rust out. Pairing stainless oem pipe to non stainless will cause dissimilar metal atrophy, especially at the welds.

On the stock x, I did 2.5” straight pipe and it was very loud and raspy. I swapped to 2.75” pipe and it is slightly less loud than the 2.5. I also did 3” corsa double helix x pipe and it was only slightly louder than with resonators on the outside but quieter inside the cabin.

I think it depends on the resonator delete that you choose. Some are loud and raspy, some are deep, some are less loud.

MBRP was as deep as with resonators, but more loud and some rasp.

Corsa double x was maybe 20% louder than stock and not excessively raspy. A nice compromise. However, I did experience a reduction throttle response with the Corsa. I hated that and thought that it ruined the heel toe of the FPC engine.

I found the R size (2.75") to sound the best. I did the Corsa, it slowed throttle response and had less cabin noise than the R style. I think it related to the size of the X and 3" pipes on the Cora that reduced exhaust velocity.

I tried the 2.5" pipe and found some harmonic issues at 3500 rpm. I think the R sounded better due to larger pipe.

Last edited:

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
@19-kilo Thanks for your report. I just purchased the Corsa Double Helix, but I waiting for it to arrive. I want mine louder on the outside, with no extra rasp and for it to sound about the same or deeper on the inside... :sunglasses:

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I finally went with the Lethal X, as I'm hoping it (calms the chaos) a bit less then the Corsa. and if for some reason I don't like it....I can always go with the Corsa as its much longer and new cut point would not be affected....

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my Corsa Double Helix installed yesterday. The car sounds awesome in Sport mode with none of the rasp at 3-4K like a straight pipe resonator replacement. I think it was well worth the extra cost to avoid the rasp and crank up the volume!

Out with the old:

54CD4B3E-7F69-4169-AAF8-0C519A127A57.jpeg
6E9CA093-DF23-40DF-93BB-8390C3F04E12.jpeg

In with the new:

4E9466C5-6D9C-424F-B678-4AC39C68514C.jpeg

Sponsored

overdrive714

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT350, 2004 Toyota RAV4, 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
Got the Corsa Double Helix off of CJ’s Pony 15% off with their cyber Monday promo. I think the coupon code is CYBER19

overdrive714

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT350, 2004 Toyota RAV4, 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
Resonator delete is ruining the value of my car......!!!!!!
I removed the resonators and now I have an issue that Ford even said is NOT covered under warranty... they say I'm on my own because I'm causing the problem.
Ford also said the problem did NOT exist when they sold the vehicle to me.
I took delivery on August 21st of this year and my odometer is already showing 4000 miles.
Since I removed the resonators, the amount of driving I do now has gone up exponentially.... I just can't stop driving it due to the beautiful noise coming out of the pipes.
Removing the resonators will affect the odometer, which will in-turn affect the value of the car....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BE WARNED!
how does removing the resonators affect the odometer directly? Now you got me all worried about voiding my warranty when I go to install the resonator delete.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
how does removing the resonators affect the odometer directly? Now you got me all worried about voiding my warranty when I go to install the resonator delete.
I knew it... I knew it...!!!
I should have used the Sarcastic font instead of the Arial font.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the Corsa Double Helix off of CJ’s Pony 15% off with their cyber Monday promo. I think the coupon code is CYBER19
I used their 10% off coupon a couple of weeks ago, so you got a better deal! I wanted to get mine done while I was off for the Thanksgiving break.

On a side note, the surface rust on the factory exhaust is because the previous owner lived a couple of blocks from the Gulf of Mexico. I guess there really is an advantage to the more expensive stainless steel.

Sponsored

RaceRed19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I just had the MBRP xpipe installed today. Not a good weather day here to really test things out, but I can definitely tell a difference that I love! Hopefully mother nature will cooperate in the next couple of days and I can just ride and enjoy!

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
My Lethal X arrived yesterday as I’m hoping it has just a bit more rasp then the Corsa....hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can get it installed soon.

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Haven't seen a lot of talk about the LTH (Long Tube Header) products so I thought I would share my install.

LTH Mustang GT350 5.2L Resonator Delete
FDRD00002T-b.jpg

I ordered this on a Black Friday 15% off sale from Steeda, price was just under 200.00, free drop-shipped from LTH
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the product. Especially the simplicity, (only 2 additional clamps)
I have a QA1 Carbon Fiber driveshaft and I definitely wanted to transfer the heat shields.
I started by removing exhaust from car and after measuring existing factory lengths, I then removed the 3 heat shields.
The 2 smaller shields are held on by stainless bands on one end and tack welded on the other ends.
I used my rotary grinder and easily ground off the tack welds and cut the bands off the shields with sheet metal snips.
The larger heat shield was held on by 4 bands.

I then cut the factory resonator pipes off per instructions, making sure I would maintain my exact original factory length.
010-ab.jpg

The heat shields were very easy to adapt to the LTH piece. Since the LTH x-crossover is located a bit farther back than the factory x-crossover, the shield orientation (Front/Rear) actually gets reversed when installing them on the LTH piece.
3 1/2" stainless hose clamps were used for the shields although I ordered some stainless steel bands to be put on later.
006-abc.jpg

While I had the Rear Underbody Shield/Deflector off I installed 8 threaded nutserts so as to eliminate the plastic push-pins holding the Underbody Deflector to the Rear Diffuser.
Diffuser Nutserts.jpg

Sound on this install is like most other Resonator Deletes, Not too much difference in Normal Mode, But Sport Mode a lot more exhaust sound.

https://longtubeheaders.com/product/ford-mustang-gt350-16-19-lth-mustang-resonator-delete/
  • 2.75”, 304 Stainless Steel
  • Titan™ finish for added durability
  • Lifetime warranty, as always
Very happy with results !

Last edited: