Official Resonator Delete Thread

NBrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.7 RAM Rebel, 2018 Kona Blue GT350
NB...I had Corsa Extremes on my 15' GTPP, what a great sounding exhaust for a 5.0, Surprised that you had difficulty, never heard that about Corsa before as my cat back went together pretty easy. I like the fact that the double X is a 3" diameter...wondering now that you have switched how much louder at full throttle is the Corsa....??
It is a good bit louder under throttle and under WOT. It isn't unbearable or anything... it just sounds good. It isn't bad or annoying just cruising and with the mufflers in "quiet" mode it isn't noticeable at all except on cold start. Sorry for the sh!t description. I will try and get some good quality video/audio this weekend.
Sponsored

sk8ermoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350 / 2004 LSB M3
I just deleted my resonators by just removing and welding a pipe in place of the resonators. It's definitely louder, more rasp, and more pop/crackle. I love it. I didn't have any issues with the sound with resonators, but this is just more ridiculous in a good way. It makes you giggle for sure. It's just more of everything but without the drone. I came from an e46 m3 with supersprint race and headers. I welcome more noise and rasp! If you're on the fence, just do it. It only cost me 90 bucks and I can always put them back on if I get tired of it.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I just added the shiftek x delete on my 600 mile 18, at first I was like wow this doesn't sound that much different, that is until I got on it. As mentioned it just amplifies the already awesome sound when on throttle. Under normal driving even with thr exhaust open I dont notice much difference, but I have bad hearing also so who knows.
Luckily I was with the shop when they put it kn as they were about to cut in the wrong spot. "Instructions, we dont need those"......typical.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Ok so I did just did the first cold start (the car is parked in an underground apartment complex carpark) and holy hell once you open the valves it's a lot louder ha ha. Thank God for the active exhaust

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
LIcobra I will have my GT350 out of the garage this Sunday prepping for a track day if you want to hear what Corsa double helix with factory exhaust sounds like. PM me if you want to arrange a meet, I’m in south Nassau
TDC..The Corsa's sound is what I expected, the stock open exhaust sounds so quiet in comparison. Thanks for taking the time to meet up,

Reactions: TDC

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
No problem. I agree it’s hard to decide without hearing it in person.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Lethal performance Xpipe installed today. Much better sound at idle I noticed right away. Its 37 degrees in WI right now so I did not have a chance to drive it much, just home from Kelly Moss. By spring I will have forgotten the sound anyways lol

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Lethal performance Xpipe installed today. Much better sound at idle I noticed right away. Its 37 degrees in WI right now so I did not have a chance to drive it much, just home from Kelly Moss. By spring I will have forgotten the sound anyways lol
As I still haven't purchased a delete X pipe, was hoping to hear another local GT350 with the Lethal pipe, looks like that's not going to happen, but I do have a question that I asked Lethal.....as the diameter of there X pipe, was told "I believe it's 2 3/4"

I guess they don't know....did you happen to measure the actual diameter of the pipe before installing ???

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
As I still haven't purchased a delete X pipe, was hoping to hear another local GT350 with the Lethal pipe, looks like that's not going to happen, but I do have a question that I asked Lethal.....as the diameter of there X pipe, was told "I believe it's 2 3/4"

I guess they don't know....did you happen to measure the actual diameter of the pipe before installing ???
I don’t have a Lethal pipe, but I can guarantee that the OEM pipe is 2.75” OD after the resonators when the pipe goes to the muffler.

See my above post on the previous page with sizes if that helps.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Resonator delete is ruining the value of my car......!!!!!!
I removed the resonators and now I have an issue that Ford even said is NOT covered under warranty... they say I'm on my own because I'm causing the problem.
Ford also said the problem did NOT exist when they sold the vehicle to me.
I took delivery on August 21st of this year and my odometer is already showing 4000 miles.
Since I removed the resonators, the amount of driving I do now has gone up exponentially.... I just can't stop driving it due to the beautiful noise coming out of the pipes.
Removing the resonators will affect the odometer, which will in-turn affect the value of the car....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BE WARNED!

Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I always recommend customers to purchase an aftermarket x pipe to leave OEM parts as is.

For the reason of being able to swap back to OEM at ease.

-Josh

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue

I am considering the one from LTH as its 2.75 inch. The Leathal is 3 inch from what I have seen.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Resonator delete is ruining the value of my car......!!!!!!
I removed the resonators and now I have an issue that Ford even said is NOT covered under warranty... they say I'm on my own because I'm causing the problem.
Ford also said the problem did NOT exist when they sold the vehicle to me.
I took delivery on August 21st of this year and my odometer is already showing 4000 miles.
Since I removed the resonators, the amount of driving I do now has gone up exponentially.... I just can't stop driving it due to the beautiful noise coming out of the pipes.
Removing the resonators will affect the odometer, which will in-turn affect the value of the car....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BE WARNED!
Sarcasm at its finest! :crackup: I am getting ready to swap to a Corsa Double Helix and your post had me worried at first...

I do not want to void my warranty, but I am looking FORWARD to enjoying the sounds enough to drive it a LOT more.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have borla atak with shiftek xpipe and I am looking to trade for stock non cut up gt350 exhaust.

I am in southern California orange county

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I am considering the one from LTH as its 2.75 inch. The Leathal is 3 inch from what I have seen.
Thanks for the info, Lethal got back to me, it’s 3”....
Sponsored