Official Resonator Delete Thread

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
We both have the sickness... and what a beautiful thing!
I completely agree about it feeling faster with the resonators deleted. I also think it is due to the volume increase. I actually have found myself driving at or just below the speed limit on rural highways with traffic lights due to the noise of the non-resonated exhaust, while not realizing how slow I was going.
(This did not happen in the 718)
Sponsored

Last edited:

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Colin makes a GREAT point... I did the exact same exhaust modification. Originally thought this might be a bit much. It is raspy and damn loud. But that is what I wanted. I wanted the raspy exhaust ever since I heard the GT350R exhaust, which is basically what Colin & I created with our modifications.
If this noise is NOT for you... listen to Colin, do not have your resonators cut off, or you will be paying someone to reinstall them.
This level of noise may not be for everyone.
It's a personal choice and I may not be the norm.
dp...Great video sound....I will be looking to delete my resonators soon, right after break in miles....not sure if I want to install 2 straight pipes with the factory "X" or go with the Corsa double "X"..any comments on the Corsa ??

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I have not heard the Corsa in person. I was told that the Corsa "tames the chaos" of the exhaust note... that is only what I have heard; no first hand experience.
I personally would not want the chaos and rasp taken out of the system that I currently have. It is loud under load. I have had so many people give the thumbs up, lower a window, comment at a stop light, etc.
It is exactly what I wanted.

Sponsored

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I would like it loud like the R.....somewhat similar to my 15' GT/PP with Corsa extreme's. After reading the last 2 pages of posts, I guess it comes down to removing the resonators with straight pipe first to see what it's like, then if necessary I can always go to the Ford, Lethal or Corsa X pipes...

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
I would like it loud like the R.....somewhat similar to my 15' GT/PP with Corsa extreme's. After reading the last 2 pages of posts, I guess it comes down to removing the resonators with straight pipe first to see what it's like, then if necessary I can always go to the Ford, Lethal or Corsa X pipes...
After hearing multiple GT350s with different resonator delete mods, I think I can safely say the issue I had with harmonic resonance is because Of how the stock X interacts with the 2.5” pipe most shops use to remove the stock resonators.

I heard a corsa double x and it was the most similar to the stock note but amplified with more burbles and throaty.

Every GT350 with the stock x and 2.5” pipe had harmonic issues around 3-4000rpm. The GT350R however didn’t have any of the harmonic resonance. I think it’s related to the length and diameter of the 2.75” pipe used by Ford since the X is the same as the GT350.

I would suggest full aftermarket or try 3” pipe. Don’t use 2.5” unless you want the exhaust to sound like a ricer when moving though the RPMs with harmonic resonance.

BTW I’m going Corsa double X since it sounded the best to me.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Every GT350 with the stock x and 2.5” pipe had harmonic issues around 3-4000rpm.
Interesting... I wonder what is different?
I have zero harmonic issues, unless I fold both seats down, then it is just a low drone at idle.

NBrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.7 RAM Rebel, 2018 Kona Blue GT350
I'll be joining the club Sunday with the Corsa double helix.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Ok so let me ask what is the actual diameter size of the 350 exhaust pipes. ???

Sponsored

NBrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.7 RAM Rebel, 2018 Kona Blue GT350
Sound wise the Corsa is amazing!
Fitment wise... it was a PITA and quality control seems a bit lacking. It is my first Corsa product and I expected a bit more...especially for the price.
The stuff was packaged well and no signs of damage from shipping. Two ends of the pipe were off round and did not fit together without needing to be reshaped with a hammer. This made adjusting more difficult as I couldn't rotate the one rear section more easily. I got everything to fit, but the tailpipes aren't perfectly lined up in the "fake" OE tips. I am going to put it on a lift this weekend and do more adjustments. It wasn't the easiest on a jack and jack stands due to the limited space underneath. This isn't my first rodeo with exhausts...or mods in general for that matter. I just figured some of you might like the feedback.
Even with the difficultly I would still go this route vs other resonator deletes I have heard. I also like that if I decide later on to go full catback that I can just buy the axle back section from Corsa.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
Ok so let me ask what is the actual diameter size of the 350 exhaust pipes. ???
I had to dig a lot to find that. From my reading and first hand measurements this is what I found.

- 2.75” pipe all the way into the mufflers from the part after the resonator weld,
- 2.5” inner diameter in the stock resonators, (it’s a perforated pipe with stainless wadding surrounding it making overall OD like ~3” or more that is made from two shells mated together top to bottom. It’s heavy too.)
- 2.25” out of the stock X

GT350R has same X as regular GT350 but goes from 2.25” to 2.75” about 1” after the X. The pipe is mandrel bent and is a smooth transition from 2.25” to 2.75” and necks out in about 1” of length.

So technically the GT350R is 2.75” from the X all the way to the muffler, unlike the GT350 that transitions to 2.5” and then about 24” later goes to 2.75”.

Not sure on the size into the X. (Part from the cat mid pipes into the X)

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Sound wise the Corsa is amazing!
Fitment wise... it was a PITA and quality control seems a bit lacking. It is my first Corsa product and I expected a bit more...especially for the price.
NB...I had Corsa Extremes on my 15' GTPP, what a great sounding exhaust for a 5.0, Surprised that you had difficulty, never heard that about Corsa before as my cat back went together pretty easy. I like the fact that the double X is a 3" diameter...wondering now that you have switched how much louder at full throttle is the Corsa....??

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I had to dig a lot to find that. From my reading and first hand measurements this is what I found.

GT350R has same X as regular GT350 but goes from 2.25” to 2.75” about 1” after the X. The pipe is mandrel bent and is a smooth transition from 2.25” to 2.75” and necks out in about 1” of length.

So technically the GT350R is 2.75” from the X all the way to the muffler, unlike the GT350 that transitions to 2.5” and then about 24” later goes to 2.75”.

Not sure on the size into the X. (Part from the cat mid pipes into the X)
19-K...Thanks for that info....looks like the 2.5 pipe is the easy swap, but should actually be 2.75 to be like the R..

My 15' GT 5.0 with the Corsa Extremes was loud with part throttle,but really obnoxious at full throttle, The GT350 with the resonators and exhaust valves open, seems loud after 3000 but not much louder after the rpms climb...,do you think the resonator delete changes that ??

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
LIcobra I will have my GT350 out of the garage this Sunday prepping for a track day if you want to hear what Corsa double helix with factory exhaust sounds like. PM me if you want to arrange a meet, I’m in south Nassau
Sponsored