Official Resonator Delete Thread

FFFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
I have installed the Borla ATAK's on my 2016 Shelby GT350. Sound is great but the tips of the exhaust didn't line up very well (too long and not angled correctly) with the factory valance tips. After back and forth with Borla determined that must be factory manufacturing error. So Borla sent new set from CA they personally checked. Well they are exactly the same. Solution is to trim both outboard pipes by 1.5in and bend the inboard pipes about 1/2in or so to line up. Going to paint the tips black so can't see them. A lot of money and headache but again sound is really nice.
Sponsored

iancoletx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
I have installed the Borla ATAK's on my 2016 Shelby GT350. Sound is great but the tips of the exhaust didn't line up very well (too long and not angled correctly) with the factory valance tips. After back and forth with Borla determined that must be factory manufacturing error. So Borla sent new set from CA they personally checked. Well they are exactly the same. Solution is to trim both outboard pipes by 1.5in and bend the inboard pipes about 1/2in or so to line up. Going to paint the tips black so can't see them. A lot of money and headache but again sound is really nice.
Post some vids dude

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
[MENTION=22218]crazymayhem[/MENTION]

I ordered the ford performance system 2 days ago. When it arrives I will make video on the street.
Bump. What's the status of the Ford Performance install? Inquiring ears want to know. Thanks.

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Bump. What's the status of the Ford Performance install? Inquiring ears want to know. Thanks.

The Ford Performance exhaust I ordered from Watson racing was back ordered until the 12th so they haven't shipped yet. They should of shipped today so I'll call them on Monday to confirm. So looking like next weekend will be the install.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Thanks for the update. Hope the delivery is on time and the install goes well.
My wife wants the Ford Performance equivalent for her 2016 GT, she loves that sound above any others she has heard, and she is idling next to me, we can't even tell if her car is running because of the Shelby exhaust being so rambucious.

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Interesting that the quality of Voodooo's Borla was so poor he didn't even install it. That was four months ago and it sounds like they are still having problems.

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ship date of the Ford Performance GT350 catback has been pushed again to the 19th. :doh: :frusty:

Not sure what the deal on why Ford keeps pushing the date back to ship.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Ship date of the Ford Performance GT350 catback has been pushed again to the 19th. :doh: :frusty:

Not sure what the deal on why Ford keeps pushing the date back to ship.
Someone can correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure ford performance catback is built by borla. Borla seems to be having a couple issues if you read the borla catback thread and that may be why ford performance keeps getting pushed back?

FFFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
According to guys I know who was at the MCA show who toured the plant and spoke to several Ford reps the Ford Performance exhaust is being made by Borla with the Ford Performance badging.

Kimbo510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Stock vs Resonator Delete DB

Does anyone know what the GT350 stock exhaust decibel's are at WOT with and without the resonator delete? My local tracks have limits of 90db and 103db. Curious if the resonator delete puts me outside those limits. If so, I may pass on this mod unfortunately.

R

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Does anyone know what the GT350 stock exhaust decibel's are at WOT with and without the resonator delete? My local tracks have limits of 90db and 103db. Curious if the resonator delete puts me outside those limits. If so, I may pass on this mod unfortunately.

R
Stock, awesome dB

Resonator delete , awesomer dB

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
At this year's Car and Driver Lightning Lap at VIR the GT350R won the honor of loudest car from 50 feet: 104db.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350

R
You will have a problem with the 90db limit with the stock factory exhaust. You will need to back off in the area where the levels are monitored. There are a few threads about this issue, do a search for "noise limits"..
If you haven't removed the resonators, the 103db limit should not be a problem, but you will be close to the limit.

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally arrived. Installing tonight. Ford Performance is made by Borla for sure if anyone is wondering LOL.
catback.jpg

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Finally arrived. Installing tonight. Ford Performance is made by Borla for sure if anyone is wondering LOL.
Dude, that's great news. Get that sucker installed and post some sound clips.

Hope all goes well with the fitment and install.
Sponsored