Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Finally arrived. Installing tonight. Ford Performance is made by Borla for sure if anyone is wondering LOL.
Would love to hear how your install went! Do you like the sound vs stock?
Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I'm going to go by the exhaust shop I use as I know the owner personally and he's going to see what he can do. I'll have to purchase the 2.75 stainless myself since his supplier only carries 2.50 and 3" and I'm hoping he can do both the resonator delete and redo the X pipe in 2.75 as well so it's the same all the way out. Maybe ford did it to save cost but kinda crazy to not have everything the same size all the way out :crazy:

gabroyes55.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 oxford white tech pack
I just had my resonator deleted today, its sounds amazing, but i noticed this screeching sound inside the car whenever i accelerate and its very annoying, the sound not coming from underneath the car its more on the passenger side near or top of the glove box. I search if there is a loose thing in there like metal, coins, etc. But cant find anything... it makes me crazy.

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
all the guys with stock mufflers, should replace the resonator.....
It's how it should come from factory the first day.....
Not too loud, not too quiet.....
Doesn't give you any hp, but it's sounds very classy...
just my 2cents

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the pops when downshifting and hope I get more of that :headbang:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the resonator delete done on mine today :headbang: Loving it so far. Pretty mellow just cruising but screams when you get on it! Think once it's been confirmed that Borla has fixed their quality issues I'm going to order the Atak and put that on her.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Got the resonator delete done on mine today :headbang: Loving it so far. Pretty mellow just cruising but screams when you get on it! Think once it's been confirmed that Borla has fixed their quality issues I'm going to order the Atak and put that on her.

Borla's tooling has been updated and shipping units as early as today.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Did you do anything with the X Pipe as you indicated in your previous post or just resonators?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you do anything with the X Pipe as you indicated in your previous post or just resonators?
No seeing as I'm planning on getting the Borla system I didn't want to go through ordering the stainless myself and paying to have him redo everything under it so I just did the resonators for now. I just wanted to make sure I'd be good with how much louder it would be after deleting them because I had a terrible experience deleting them on my '15 GT. The drone was so bad it went back in the next morning to have them put back on! I'm loving it though so pulling the trigger on the Atak is a no brainer at this point :cheers:

On the GT though I had Flowmasters under it before the resonator delete. The factory exhaust on those is laughable to say the least as I'm sure most of you know. The day we bought it even my wife said it was way too quiet :hail:

Sponsored

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Does anyone offer a resonator delete pipe setup for the GT350 like there are available for the GT by several Manufactures (BBK, Ford Performance, Flowmaster etc.)?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Does anyone offer a resonator delete pipe setup for the GT350 like there are available for the GT by several Manufactures (BBK, Ford Performance, Flowmaster etc.)?
No. The S550 to include the GT350 exhaust is all one piece after the cats. Only way is to cut out or replace the entire system after market.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Wait they are ready now?!? When i called this morning they told me after the factory started back up after their week holiday break.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
No. The S550 to include the GT350 exhaust is all one piece after the cats. Only way is to cut out or replace the entire system after market.
Yes I know, I mean the pre made resonator replacement piping to put in place of the resonator instead of a muffler shop rigging something. They make them for the S550 Gt.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait they are ready now?!? When i called this morning they told me after the factory started back up after their week holiday break.
I'll be ordering one after the holidays. Have to regroup after Christmas and our Cruise and see what damage the wife has been doing to the wallet :frusty:
Sponsored